Surround Sound Headset Reccomendations

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Surround Sound Headset Reccomendations

Post by d3jake »

Well, since I have $130 banked from job that I did with my dad, I figured that I wanted to get a surround sound headset because
A. It would be really kewl to have one! and
II. It would be handy to have in America's Army or D3 to hear where somebody in a more exact way than just a pair of stereo
speakered headset would offer.

I know that a guy i know has a headset like that, but its one of the Bose ones and I dont' happen to have $500 extra to spend on such a thing. I've seen surround sound headsets online for roughly $100-130 so I know that they exist, trouble is that I don't' know which one to get.

Anyone have a recommendations?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I bought a set of Razor Barracudas. All in all a nice headset with one MAJOR flaw. The inline amp is too close to the headset. The sound quality is good and the controls on the amp all still function (had them about 6-7 months now), but the weight from the amp is a distraction at times. The cans themselves are very comfortable and of an open design. I have wore them for hours at a time with no discomfort. Still, if I had it all over to do again, I would probably choose a different pair. The only reason being the placement of the amp. A perfect set of 5.1 headphones aside from the amp being to close, which, IMO was a major snafu. For the 130 bucks I paid for them, they should have been perfect.