D1 Soundtrack

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

bobo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D1 Soundtrack

Post by bobo »

I saw a video on youtube the other day of a guy playing D1, and the MIDI synth was awesome. But it wasn't MIDI synth, he said it was actually CD audio. I assume he was getting that from the PS or MAC version of the game? Is this true? If so, is there anyway to get it over onto the PC?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Playstation audio, actually. Vlindicator ripped and posted the soundtracks for both D1 (midi -> mp3, and PSX -> mp3) and D2 (midi -> mp3) a few years back. No idea if the links in that post are still valid. I'd link you to the thread, but the search engine doesn't seem to want to search back that far for some reason.
bobo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by bobo »

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: D1 Soundtrack

Post by BUBBALOU »

bobo wrote:I saw a video on youtube the other day of a guy playing D1, and the MIDI synth was awesome. But it wasn't MIDI synth, he said it was actually CD audio. I assume he was getting that from the PS or MAC version of the game? Is this true? If so, is there anyway to get it over onto the PC?
give a link, we'll let you know

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
bobo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by bobo »

The above link is not it, this is:

http://archives.descent.cx/d1/d1music.html

ANd here's the Youtube video:

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Yeah that is track 09 from the PSX version of Descent

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.