Anti-Alias Month AUGUST

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Anti-Alias Month AUGUST

Post by BUBBALOU »

FLY as your real nickname/pilot and avoid being banned

Pilot name can be anything as long as it includes you real Handle, if you like to use pilots for different ships

FoilTanker
TesticTankulese
SkippyBunyip
CALLISTO_Samus

Oh and least I forget, if you were known as another pilot before you changed it to join some clan... fly as your ORIGINAL

New Nicknames Created so you will not be banned in games from previous ServerOps bans will not be tolerated... you know who you are

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

WTF? You shouldn't be banning users for this. That's retarded.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

CDN_Merlin wrote:WTF? You shouldn't be banning me for this. That's retarded I'm already banned.
Only you would think the Bans (except the bans on bans from bans)are serious, we already know everyone's aliases

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

You don't know mine since I haven't really played in years.
ReadyMan
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by ReadyMan »

I always fly as ReadyMan with some form of a tag, though my main pilot back in the day was just ReadyMan.
(PFKA)ReadyMan is my main one though...(Pilot Formerly Known As)

Once in a while I fly as Fetal, but seems people know me in that nick as well.

..but OK, ReadyMan it is this month :)
Fighting villains is what I do!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

BUBBALOU wrote:FLY as your real nickname/pilot and avoid being banned

Pilot name can be anything as long as it includes you real Handle, if you like to use pilots for different ships

FoilTanker
TesticTankulese
SkippyBunyip
CALLISTO_Samus

Oh and least I forget, if you were known as another pilot before you changed it to join some clan... fly as your ORIGINAL

New Nicknames Created so you will not be banned in games from previous ServerOps bans will not be tolerated... you know who you are
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I think it's a GREAT idea. It's about time I find out who's been ruining all my pyros. And, Slug Tug, I'm specifically gunning for you. :wink:

Bettina
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

It actually is pretty fun.... especially when you have 4 players all gunning for you 1 fusion makes 4 kills real easy!

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

honestly, it's one reason I quit playing .. next to MD horing.

Not knowing who im playing that is.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

my new alias: \"★■◆● anti alias month\"
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Why would you want aliases in the first place?

I've only ever flown under 1 name: [MS]Capm
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Behemoth »

Capm wrote:Why would you want aliases in the first place?

I've only ever flown under 1 name: [MS]Capm
if it werent for alias i'd fly as mark.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

only a few have shown courage to be alias-free

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

O......kay?

I fly as either:
Dakatsu
CED-Dakatsu
Dakatsu-AHT
Dakatsu-GL

So this wouldn't really affect me, but w/e.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

Grisly Atoms. Or a minor variation for a diffent weapons setup, like Grisly Atoms@. That's about it.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

As if people don't already know, I fly as:

Foil (Pyro-GL)
Phoil (Phoenix)
FoilTanker (Magnum-AHT)

I'm tempted to fly as an alias this month, but I won't. :)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

[RIP]d3jake
[RIP]d3jake-AHT
and....hmm.... It's been so long I can't remember the others....
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

bubba-loser :P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I'll fly as whatever pilot name I want to, TYVM. If you want to know who I am, just ask (don't guess or accuse.)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

What's it matter ? You all suck at Descent anyways :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Burlyman wrote:bubba-loser :P
ahh another Neo-Samus Alias account Surfaces

It's ok to have aliases ingame...but for Boards?

Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Behemoth »

flip wrote:What's it matter ? You all suck at Descent anyways :P
And what's your excuse? :)
[RIP]Machete_Bug
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RIP]Machete_Bug »

FLY as your real nickname/pilot and avoid being banned
Boy, the stuff you miss when on vacation... And as much as it might amuse me, I'll not enforce such on DRH in your case. Because honestly, I can't remember the last time you showed up there as Bubbalou.
if it werent for alias i'd fly as mark.
LOL. Roger that. Machete or Bug appear nowhere on my birth certificate.
only a few have shown courage to be alias-free
This isn't about bravery. At least not in all cases. I have my share of aliases, and none of them are about hiding who I am. My most common is my Subway configured pilot, but since I sport a \"THRAK\" avatar on most of my Descent forums, I'd hardly call it hiding.

I do at least appreciate part of the sentiment. There are a few troublemakers who switch up their pilot names to escape their crappy reputations. It strikes me as a lot of effort compared to just being cool and respectful in the first place, but that's the route they choose. But most are such insufferable punks anyway who just can't help themselves that it doesn't take too long to figure out who they really are. I doubt this would truly reform them.

I'm inclined to see it Lothar's way. My aliases have nothing to do with hiding, and everything to do with my lame sense of humor. I come up with a ship logo I like, or a themed taunt collection, or both, and I go with it. For no other reason than my own amusement. So when I think it might amuse me, I'll use them.

Ban me for it if you like. If you need any help spotting me, here's a couple of others to look out for:

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

My original purpose for using aliases was just to piss people off, and when I think about it my reason has really not changed much since then. Otherwise I use it because I always found it amusing to fly with either some stupid sounding alias or steal some random low tier players alias and screw with everyone else in the game.

For instance I had great fun the time I masqueraded as VonLoki's PXO login using mIRC and played an entire nights worth of Von practice sessions with the rest of them. I was laughing my ass off at the ingame comments during the games like \"Damn Loki, you are on fire tonight!\"/\"Wow can you send me your filez?\"/etc. I wonder if they ever found out about that... *shrug*

Or the time I randomly played as VonBill in a hally game with a bunch of other D3k players and accidentally caused Sandmann to accuse all of Von of hacking:
And no, I didn't pick on Von exclusively, like the time myself and 6 other D3k members joined an Indika 3 game as {ROX}Hostile where the real one was playing...

When you think about it, almost a law of online aliases is the more elite sounding the alias is, the more a noob the player is. While a stupid sounding alias has pretty good odds of actually being someone dangerous. This is possibly because only noobs care about their images anymore.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Krom wrote:almost a law of online aliases is the more elite sounding the alias is, the more a noob the player is. While a stupid sounding alias has pretty good odds of actually being someone dangerous.
Yep. If you're playing and run into "deathbringerofdoomanddestruction" they probably suck. But look out for pilots who go by "mom"...
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

BUBBALOU is reserved for LANs ... thanks for asking

even the glorious KALI days, BUBBALOU was never my pilot name , Exception to that was [DE],[MS],[SQN]

oh and Machete_Bug, mighty fine skim job on this thread !!

favorite aliases seen

nxcvbx
tertw
asdf
hkjk

now that is just lazy, right behe?

Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

just a tad haha
although i've done asdfgasdfg before ;P
[RIP]Machete_Bug
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by [RIP]Machete_Bug »

Krom wrote:For instance I had great fun the time I masqueraded as VonLoki's PXO login using mIRC [...]
Aliases are cool by me. Impersonating another pilot, most uncool. Same with wearing a team tag you haven't earned. Someone wants to ban for those reasons, more power to them. Just my $0.02.
BUBBALOU wrote:BUBBALOU is reserved for LANs ... thanks for asking

even the glorious KALI days, BUBBALOU was never my pilot name , Exception to that was [DE],[MS],[SQN]
Well, then you may want to be on the lookout for an imposter, because I'm quite certain I've been in a netgame with an untagged pilot named BUBBALOU before. Been ages, but it's happened. But maybe it was just Krom...

Or maybe it was you, and further underscores the pointlessness and hypocrisy of this thread.
BUBBALOU wrote:oh and Machete_Bug, mighty fine skim job on this thread !!
LOL. I seem to remember this happening on another forum. I read what you post. I then post myself explaining exactly why I think it was dopey. And the only thing you manage to come up with in reply is that I can't read and/or somehow missed the point. It was slightly amusing the first time. This time around it's just boring. Try again. I'm still convinced it's dopey.
Krom wrote:When you think about it, almost a law of online aliases is the more elite sounding the alias is, the more a noob the player is.
Lothar wrote:Yep. If you're playing and run into "deathbringerofdoomanddestruction" they probably suck. But look out for pilots who go by "mom"...
Tru dat. Someone shows up in game as "Fluffy Bunny", I'm a bit more cautious than I am with "Ultimate Master of Destruction" But exceptions do exist...

The personal pronoun related nicks (You, I, Himself)can be entertaining for a couple of minutes while reading the HUD messages that they can generate. But just a couple of minutes.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

The biggest drawback I see to mutiple alias' is if I don't know who is in a game, I might not jump in.

If I know the pilot and have enjoyed gaming or being in voice with them, I will probably go ahead and jump into a level I don't know or don't particularly care for with them.

If I don't know the alias it probably won't be worth the chance of winding up in a game with one of the handful of total jerks that frequent the games.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

BUBBALOU should be banned from games then! :)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Ferno wrote:
BUBBALOU should be banned from games then! :)
yeah lol :lol:

aliases are what keep games empty

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Re:

Post by Krom »

[RIP]Machete_Bug wrote:Aliases are cool by me. Impersonating another pilot, most uncool. Same with wearing a team tag you haven't earned. Someone wants to ban for those reasons, more power to them. Just my $0.02.
Well you know how the saying goes; its funny till someone gets an eye out, then its hilarious.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

BUBBALOU wrote:aliases are what keep games empty
would you rather have them type "HAYBUBBALOUHOWAREYABLABLABLAYOUTYPEKILLINGARSEBANDITWAHWAH" over and over again?

lol

personally, i'd rather just play the game instead of having to deal with incessant blather all the time.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Jealous Ferno? I Never pirate you, your too predictable to miss

Krom - you are talking to [RIP] who claim every other clan are cheaters and refuse to play them... we all know where this will go.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Re:

Post by Krom »

BUBBALOU wrote:Krom - you are talking to [RIP] who claim every other clan are cheaters and refuse to play them... we all know where this will go.
Yeah true, as soon as I read that "earning a tag" post I thought "Here's a member of RIP alright...".

At the time I played the Von practice session a couple of them had been pretty vocal about D3k being just a bunch of "tank hacks" too. They were saying our "tank hacks" were "so obvious" they could spot us in any game and that's why they wouldn't play us. So surely they would be able to detect such a "obvious hack" even if it was in their own practice session... :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Resurrection Time

let the d3k wars begin

yeah i know they claimed that crap on me too

Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Machete Bug! long time no see! :D :D
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

BUBBALOU wrote:Jealous Ferno? I Never pirate you, your too predictable to miss
jealous? now why would I be jealous?

you never answered the question dude. would you rather deal with someone trying to chat you up in the game or would you rather just play?

and you get tunnelvision easily in games.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

The only thing I can figure is that some posters on the Descent forums have built themselves up to be strong and skilled players but in actuality are only fair. So, to spare themselves total embarrasment....they use an alias. Totally understandable :wink:

I'm like Grizz. I will always favor a game where I recognize the name or an often used alias that I can tie to a forum member. Otherwise I may just go read.

Bee