President Obama

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

President Obama

Post by Bet51987 »

I wanted to see a nice title for once.. :wink:

Like Obama, I'm not a big fan of nuclear power because it would end up costing me a fortune for electricity but I agree with Al Gore that we should be energy independant in ten years. My college friends and I have joined http://www.RepowerAmerica.org/ but in reality all I can do is spread the word to as many people as I can and write to my congressman. The main hurdle has already been solved. We have an energetic and awesome new president who is on the same wavelength as Al Gore..... and the departure of the oil loving Bush administration.

\"I strongly agree with Vice President Gore that we cannot drill our way to energy independence, but
must fast-track investments in renewable sources of energy like solar power, wind power and advanced
biofuels, and those are the investments I will make as President.\"

~ President-elect Barack Obama, July 17, 2008

I can control my gasoline consumption by driving smart, planning my trips, pooling with my friends, and just not going anywhere I don't have to. But.... I have to be warm (I don't have much body mass :) ) and fuel oil to heat our house is expensive with the price for our two 275 gallon indoor tanks set at $2.80 a gallon. Last year it was much higher. We've closed some rooms in our house and (to my dad's dismay) I've added crystal clear shrinkable plastic to the inside of many of our windows. One room alone has 21 feet of floor to ceiling Anderson windows that I've added plastic to and you can't believe how much warmer it is. There is about 8 inches of space between the inside glass surface and the plastic which makes a very good insulator from the cold glass. I've got about 75% of the windows in our house done and you don't even know it's there.

I like what I've read at the site and wonder what some of you have to say. I know everyone complains about gas prices but home heating and home electricity bothers me more.

Bee
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: President Obama

Post by Sirius »

Bet51987 wrote:Like Obama, I'm not a big fan of nuclear power because it would end up costing me a fortune for electricity ...
Excuse me? How do you come to this conclusion?

The thing with nuclear energy is it's about the only option outside of oil and coal that can be established in any great quantity, at any great speed.

Investment should still be made into (for instance) wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric... but right now those options may not be able to produce enough power to fully replace the status quo. Energy efficiency helps a lot, but I'm not sure whether it'd push it over the line.

Either way I do think governments should be prepared to use a little more nuclear power, at least until we can find enough alternatives to make the greenies happy...
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:We have an energetic and awesome new president who is on the same wavelength as Al Gore
there are two things that scare me about that comment. one is the pure worship that you have for a man that has done nothing. and two is same wave length as Al Gore?!?!?! that should scare the hell out of everyone

Bet51987 wrote: "I strongly agree with Vice President Gore that we cannot drill our way to energy independence, but
must fast-track investments in renewable sources of energy like solar power, wind power and advanced
biofuels, and those are the investments I will make as President."

~ President-elect Barack Obama, July 17, 2008
I know its a minor technicality. but unless I'm sadly mistaken Mr Obama did not become president elect until Nov 5th 2008. now I know some of you Idol worshipers crowned him god before then but its not factually the case :P
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

conservation = good

well done. :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

To conserve my house heating bill, I simply turn the thermostat down to 59-60 deg's. Amazing how much the gas bill goes down.

And what Cuda said. The problem with hero whorshipping a politician is getting pulled around by the ring a adoring crowd gets placed in their nose.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Keep your temp at a constatn rate and don't increase/decrease it and you will save money. Turn off lights when you don't need them. Take showeres instead of baths. Cover water to make it boil faster. Try not to use the oven. Dry your cloths outside, yes even in witner when it's sunny. Wash in cold water. Fill the sink with water and wash, then rinse after instead of running water constantly.

There are many things people can do to save money, but most don't want to be bothered.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Octopus »

CDN_Merlin wrote:Keep your temp at a constatn rate and don't increase/decrease it and you will save money. Turn off lights when you don't need them. Take showeres instead of baths. Cover water to make it boil faster. Try not to use the oven. Dry your cloths outside, yes even in witner when it's sunny. Wash in cold water. Fill the sink with water and wash, then rinse after instead of running water constantly.

There are many things people can do to save money, but most don't want to be bothered.
yup
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I like the title too.

It still hasn't sunk in that this country elected a Black man with the middle name 'Hussein' in a time of crisis.

To all the America haters in the world, suck on that.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

I honestly keep forgetting Obama was elected :P
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

That's not good.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Merlin... I lower my thermostat from 68 (where it's normally set) to 66 at night because I like it cool when I sleep. I found that any more than a two degree difference works against you in the morning because everthing in the house is at 66 and the furnace has to work double time to reheat everything like walls, furniture, etc, back to 68.. My dad doesn't want any kind of stove so I only have oil to burn and plastic on the windows.

Sirrius...When I look at the cost of everything like the reactor, safety requirements, mainenance, nuclear fuel processing, handling of the fuel rods, fuel rod storage, the monumental cost of insurance, etc, all being passed down to me, my cost is higher than if I just burn oil. There are a lot of sites that show just that. This is why I reject nuclear reactors as a source of cheap energy. The more that are built, the more expensive it will become.

Gooberman... Good point. :wink:

Bee
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I don't understand the \"don't change the temperature around because it's less efficient to do so\" argument.

All that I remember of thermodynamics & heat transfer tells me that lowering the temperature for a while will decrease my fuel usage. Can someone fill me in on the technical details of why this isn't true?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Bet51987 wrote:I lower my thermostat from 68 (where it's normally set) to 66 at night because I like it cool when I sleep. I found that any more than a two degree difference works against you in the morning because everthing in the house is at 66 and the furnace has to work double time to reheat everything...
It's not necessarily less efficient, Bet. It really depends on what the outside temperature is.

For a simplified example, let's say the thermostat is set to 68° during the day, and the outside temperature stays around 50°. Which of the following is the most efficient (i.e. requires the least heat energy)?

A. You don't change the thermostat overnight.
B. You set the thermostat down to 66° overnight.
C. You set the thermostat down to 60° overnight.

----------

In each case, as the heat is lost, your heater will periodically turn on to keep the temperature above the setting. In B. and C., the heater will run longer at the end of the night to get the temp back up to 68°.

Now, take a look at Newton's Law of Cooling; the rate of heat loss is relative to the temperature difference (between inside and outside).

So, in this example, the most efficient is C, the setting closest to the outside temperature!

Yep, while it's true that it will have to work longer at the end of the night to get back up to 68°, it still requires less heat than maintaining a higher temperature through the rest of the night.

It's fairly easy to show with a little calculus, but it's not too hard to see once you realize that the larger the temperature difference, the faster the heat is lost.

[Edit: With that said, obviously one's comfort level and safety comes into play. It would be most efficient for me to simply turn off the heat overnight, but I clearly can't do that for the sake of my family (and especially my infant son).]
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I understand what you're saying. Our furnace guy told us that the more a furnace cycles the less efficient it is. He explained that in the morning the furnace has to bring the temperature back up to 68 but the objects in room are still at 66 acting like a heatsink. The room cools down quicker as heat is transferred to the objects and the furnace starts again.

I need to check further (I'm assuming a well insulated home).

Bee
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Bet51987 wrote: ...the cost of everything like the reactor, safety requirements, mainenance, nuclear fuel processing, handling of the fuel rods, fuel rod storage, the monumental cost of insurance, etc, all being passed down to me, my cost is higher than if I just burn oil.
Really thought that's true of any energy source. None of it's free. Even if you install water or photo cells on your roof. While there may be a long term pay out, the initial is outta pocket. While we may not be able to drill our way out of a problem, we can certainly put a gaping chest wound in it. We have barely touched out own resources. Why? To placate a load of screaming radical 19 year olds that chain themselves to whales, bridges, and trees (see earlier rant this year).
Nuclear is a lot safer than it was in the 70's and there are by FAR better ways of handling waste and the like. (also discussed earlier this year). Like city traffic, there is no one solution. "renewable resources" like solar and wind are unreliable and fragile. It doesn't take a whole lot to damage one of these systems and they are costly to repair. We have a large wind farm east of where I live and they loose a tower every so often to failed mechanics and such. it's not perfect and the end all the the rhetoric we get on TV would like us to believe.

Merlin's point is spot on. Also, get rid of energy vampires in your home. consider what appliances you need plugged in 24/7 drawing power. You might be surprised at how much you save. Turn your computer off when you're not using it. It doesn't hurt to run it all the time but it is pulling power. Any improvement to large energy eaters is always a good thing like your furnace guy noted. Get a low capacity toilet to save water or put a full 2 liter bottle in the tank. Wrap your hot water tank with insulation, wash your clothes in cold water when possible (which is nearly always with modern soap) run water only when you need it. (don't just let it run while you're standing at the sink. <I'm guilty of this!> there are tons of little things you can do.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Drill here drill now.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

bzzzz
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Octopus wrote:bzzzz
why? If people are really concerned about environmental impact, why advocate drilling it all? The world would be in a big hurting way if you took away the oil. (I'd like to see "them" try) :twisted:

Why not drill? You younger folks have been raised on a lot of Bs propaganda. Stuff many of us have seen evolve and grown over the years since the early 70's.

The Term "fossil fuel". Back in the mid 70's Chevron did a commercial showing where "oil cam from". They showed a dinosaur being squeeezed up into the dirt to form oil. o_0

um. if this this is true... then there would have had to been a ★■◆● load of those things dieing ALL in the SAME place at ONE time to make oil. There were never enough lizards on this planet to form the oil deposits we've been harvesting over the last century or so. Back science spun to the masses to SELL PRODUCT. (just like global warming)
Where have all the dinosaurs gone… long time passing? Oil comes from dead dinosaurs (according to the Fred Flintstone school of geology) and there aren’t no more dinosaurs around to die. We aren’t growing more dinosaurs.
Source :lol:

Nuther interesting read

And Last one
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Bet51987 wrote:I understand what you're saying. Our furnace guy told us that the more a furnace cycles the less efficient it is.
I assume by "cycles", you meaning turning on and off?

From what I understand of furnaces (I'm no expert), there may be a little truth to that. However, I highly doubt it even comes close to outweighing the increase in efficiency by keeping the thermostat setting closer to the external temperature.

(It's somewhat like the "turning your car on and off uses more gas" claim - there's a bit of truth to it, but it's not enough to make up for even a minute of idling.)
Bet51987 wrote:He explained that in the morning the furnace has to bring the temperature back up to 68 but the objects in room are still at 66 acting like a heatsink. The room cools down quicker as heat is transferred to the objects and the furnace starts again.
Bet, the exact same principle applies to the objects.

Remember, the added heat capacity from the objects works both ways - you can't solely consider their heat capacity during the warmup; they act like a 'heatsink' (increasing the amount of heat required) the whole night.

As in the previous example with 50° external: if your thermostat is set to 66°, it requires considerably more heat to maintain that temperature overnight (for the air and the objects) than if it's set at 60°, despite the extra warmup time.

[Now, don't get me wrong... I don't set mine much lower than 66°, either. I just want to clear up some common misunderstandings on the subject.]
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

CUDA wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:We have an energetic and awesome new president who is on the same wavelength as Al Gore
there are two things that scare me about that comment. one is the pure worship that you have for a man that has done nothing. and two is same wave length as Al Gore?!?!?! that should scare the hell out of everyone
Couldn't have said it better myself. Emphasis mine, of course.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I concede Foil. I understand heat transfer but thought the furnace man was more real world experienced. I will let him know where he's wrong. Another point is that during the day those 21 feet of windows I have are on the south side and we get a lot of free heat on sunny days to help the furnace out. In the summer, the sun is high and doesn't shine in.

Throughout our home I've done all the things Merlin and others have mentioned and can't find anything else to adjust. We burn around 900 gallons a year of fuel just for the two of us and I hope by putting plastic on those big windows will help. I do have one vice which is two showers, morning and evening, every day but I use a fine spray shower head.

Now.. The more energy people conserve, the less profit the utilities make. The less they make the more they appeal for a rate increase. So even though I do my best I will never see my rate reflect my effort. :(

MD-1118. Why should Obama scare you. President Bush and the rest of the republican administration have done nothing in eight years :wink:

Edit... I would still like to hear ideas on alternative energy especially about tying into a grid. I like hydroelectric and solar in all their many forms while placing nuclear and windturbines near the bottom of my list

I know the expense and efficency of solar is poor but how many cells/panels could be made and placed around the country. I'm talking about powering homes...not vehicles.

Bee
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

a man that has done nothing.
http://thomas.loc.gov/

Items 1 through 100 of 1301. S.CON.RES.5 : A concurrent resolution honoring the life of Percy Lavon Julian, a pioneer in the field of organic chemistry and the first and only African-American chemist to be inducted into the National Academy of Sciences.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/31/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Committees: Senate Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 1/31/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. S.CON.RES.25 : A concurrent resolution condemning the recent violent actions of the Government of Zimbabwe against peaceful opposition party activists and members of civil society.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/29/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Committees: Senate Foreign Relations
Latest Major Action: 6/26/2007 Held at the desk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. S.CON.RES.44 : A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that a commemorative postage stamp should be issued honoring Rosa Louise McCauley Parks.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/12/2007) Cosponsors (22)
Committees: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Latest Major Action: 10/19/2007 Referred to Senate subcommittee. Status: Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs referred to Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security.

4. S.CON.RES.46 : A concurrent resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/17/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Major Action: 9/17/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

5. S.CON.RES.96 : A concurrent resolution commemorating Irena Sendler, a woman whose bravery saved the lives of thousands during the Holocaust and remembering her legacy of courage, selflessness, and hope.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/29/2008) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 9/23/2008 Held at the desk.

6. S.RES.133 : A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/28/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 3/28/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

7. S.RES.268 : A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as \"National Summer Learning Day\".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

8. S.RES.383 : A resolution honoring and recognizing the achievements of Carl Stokes, the first African-American mayor of a major American city, in the 40th year since his election as Mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/15/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 11/15/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

9. S.RES.600 : A resolution commemorating the 44th anniversary of the deaths of civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner in Philadelphia, Mississippi, while working in the name of American democracy to register voters and secure civil rights during the summer of 1964, which has become known as \"Freedom Summer\".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/24/2008) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 6/24/2008 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

10. S.RES.628 : A resolution expressing support for the designation of Disability Pride Day and recognizing that all people, including people living with disabilities, have the right, responsibility, and ability to be active, contributing members of society and fully engaged as citizens of the United States.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/25/2008) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 7/25/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

11. S.J.RES.23 : A joint resolution clarifying that the use of force against Iran is not authorized by the Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq, any resolution previously adopted, or any other provision of law.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/1/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 11/1/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.

12. S.114 : A bill to authorize resources for a grant program for local educational agencies to create innovation districts.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

13. S.115 : A bill to suspend royalty relief, to repeal certain provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, and to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal certain tax incentives for the oil and gas industry.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Finance
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

14. S.116 : A bill to authorize resources to provide students with opportunities for summer learning through summer learning grants.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

15. S.117 : A bill to amend titles 10 and 38, United States Code, to improve benefits and services for members of the Armed Forces, veterans of the Global War on Terrorism, and other veterans, to require reports on the effects of the Global War on Terrorism, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (15)
Committees: Senate Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

16. S.133 : A bill to promote the national security and stability of the economy of the United States by reducing the dependence of the United States on oil through the use of alternative fuels and new technology, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/4/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 1/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

17. S.433 : A bill to state United States policy for Iraq, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/30/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 1/30/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.

18. S.453 : A bill to prohibit deceptive practices in Federal elections.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/31/2007) Cosponsors (20)
Senate Reports: 110-191
Latest Major Action: 10/4/2007 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 411.

19. S.674 : A bill to require accountability and enhanced congressional oversight for personnel performing private security functions under Federal contracts, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 2/16/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Committees: Senate Armed Services
Latest Major Action: 2/16/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

20. S.692 : A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish a Hospital Quality Report Card Initiative to report on health care quality in Veterans Affairs hospitals.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 2/27/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: Senate Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: 2/27/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

21. S.713 : A bill to ensure dignity in care for members of the Armed Forces recovering from injuries.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 2/28/2007) Cosponsors (34)
Latest Major Action: 2/28/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

22. S.737 : A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 in order to measure, compare, and improve the quality of voter access to polls and voter services in the administration of Federal elections in the States.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/1/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: Senate Rules and Administration
Latest Major Action: 3/1/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Rules and Administration.

23. S.767 : A bill to increase fuel economy standards for automobiles and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/6/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Committees: Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
Latest Major Action: 3/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

24. S.768 : A bill to increase fuel economy standards for automobiles and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/6/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 3/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

25. S.795 : A bill to assist aliens who have been lawfully admitted in becoming citizens of the United States, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/7/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Latest Major Action: 3/7/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

26. S.823 : A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act with respect to facilitating the development of microbicides for preventing transmission of HIV/AIDS and other diseases, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/8/2007) Cosponsors (18)
Latest Major Action: 3/8/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

27. S.906 : A bill to prohibit the sale, distribution, transfer, and export of elemental mercury, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/15/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Committees: Senate Environment and Public Works
Senate Reports: 110-477
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 110-414 [GPO: Text, PDF]

28. S.976 : A bill to secure the promise of personalized medicine for all Americans by expanding and accelerating genomics research and initiatives to improve the accuracy of disease diagnosis, increase the safety of drugs, and identify novel treatments.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/23/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 3/23/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

29. S.1067 : A bill to require Federal agencies to support health impact assessments and take other actions to improve health and the environmental quality of communities, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/29/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Latest Major Action: 3/29/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

30. S.1068 : A bill to promote healthy communities.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/29/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 3/29/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

31. S.1084 : A bill to provide housing assistance for very low-income veterans.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/10/2007) Cosponsors (11)
Committees: Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Latest Major Action: 4/10/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

32. S.1151 : A bill to provide incentives to the auto industry to accelerate efforts to develop more energy-efficient vehicles to lessen dependence on oil.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/18/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 4/18/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

33. S.1181 : A bill to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to provide shareholders with an advisory vote on executive compensation.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/20/2007) Cosponsors (8)
Latest Major Action: 4/20/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

34. S.1222 : A bill to stop mortgage transactions which operate to promote fraud, risk, abuse, and under-development, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/25/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 4/25/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

35. S.1271 : A bill to provide for a comprehensive national research effort on the physical and mental health and other readjustment needs of the members of the Armed Forces and veterans who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom and their families.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/2/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 5/2/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

36. S.1306 : A bill to direct the Consumer Product Safety Commission to classify certain children's products containing lead to be banned hazardous substances.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/3/2007) Cosponsors (9)
Latest Major Action: 5/3/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

37. S.1324 : A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation fuel sold in the United States.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/7/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 5/7/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

38. S.1389 : A bill to authorize the National Science Foundation to establish a Climate Change Education Program.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/14/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 5/14/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

39. S.1430 : A bill to authorize State and local governments to direct divestiture from, and prevent investment in, companies with investments of $20,000,000 or more in Iran's energy sector, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/17/2007) Cosponsors (37)
Latest Major Action: 5/17/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

40. S.1513 : A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to authorize grant programs to enhance the access of low-income African-American students to higher education.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/24/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 5/24/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

41. S.1574 : A bill to establish Teaching Residency Programs for preparation and induction of teachers.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/7/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 6/7/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

42. S.1713 : A bill to provide for the issuance of a commemorative postage stamp in honor of Rosa Parks.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/27/2007) Cosponsors (27)
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2007 Referred to Senate subcommittee. Status: Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs referred to Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security.

43. S.1790 : A bill to make grants to carry out activities to prevent the incidence of unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections among teens in racial or ethnic minority or immigrant communities, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/16/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 7/16/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

44. S.1811 : A bill to amend the Toxic Substances Control Act to assess and reduce the levels of lead found in child-occupied facilities in the United States, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/18/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 7/18/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

45. S.1817 : A bill to ensure proper administration of the discharge of members of the Armed Forces for personality disorder, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/19/2007) Cosponsors (12)
Latest Major Action: 7/19/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

46. S.1818 : A bill to amend the Toxic Substances Control Act to phase out the use of mercury in the manufacture of chlorine and caustic soda, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/19/2007) Cosponsors (5)
Latest Major Action: 7/19/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

47. S.1824 : A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to establish a Hospital Quality Report Card Initiative under the Medicare program to assess and report on health care quality in hospitals.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/19/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 7/19/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

48. S.1873 : A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to establish demonstration programs on regionalized systems for emergency care, to support emergency medicine research, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/25/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 7/25/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

49. S.1885 : A bill to provide certain employment protections for family members who are caring for members of the Armed Forces recovering from illnesses and injuries incurred on active duty.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/26/2007) Cosponsors (10)
Latest Major Action: 7/26/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

50. S.1977 : A bill to provide for sustained United States leadership in a cooperative global effort to prevent nuclear terrorism, reduce global nuclear arsenals, stop the spread of nuclear weapons and related material and technology, and support the responsible and peaceful use of nuclear technology.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 8/2/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 8/2/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.

51. S.1989 : A bill to provide a mechanism for the determination on the merits of the claims of claimants who met the class criteria in a civil action relating to racial discrimination by the Department of Agriculture but who were denied that determination.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 8/3/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 8/3/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

52. S.2030 : A bill to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require reporting relating to bundled contributions made by persons other than registered lobbyists.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/6/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: Senate Rules and Administration
Latest Major Action: 9/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Rules and Administration.

53. S.2044 : A bill to provide procedures for the proper classification of employees and independent contractors, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/12/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 9/12/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

54. S.2066 : A bill to establish nutrition and physical education standards for schools.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/18/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
Latest Major Action: 9/18/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry.

55. S.2111 : A bill to amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to allow State educational agencies, local educational agencies, and schools to increase implementation of early intervention services, particularly school-wide positive behavior supports.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 9/27/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

56. S.2132 : A bill to prohibit the introduction or delivery for introduction into interstate commerce of children's products that contain lead, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/3/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 10/3/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

57. S.2147 : A bill to require accountability for contractors and contract personnel under Federal contracts, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/4/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: 10/4/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

58. S.2202 : A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to increase the renewable content of gasoline, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/18/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 10/18/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

59. S.2224 : A bill to require a licensee to notify the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and the State and county in which a facility is located, whenever there is an unplanned release of radioactive substances.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 10/24/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

60. S.2227 : A bill to provide grants to States to ensure that all students in the middle grades are taught an academically rigorous curriculum with effective supports so that students complete the middle grades prepared for success in high school and postsecondary endeavors, to improve State and district policies and programs relating to the academic achievement of students in the middle grades, to develop and implement effective middle school models for struggling students, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/24/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 10/24/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

61. S.2330 : A bill to authorize a pilot program within the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development with the goal of preventing at-risk veterans and veteran families from falling into homelessness, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/8/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 11/8/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

62. S.2347 : A bill to restore and protect access to discount drug prices for university-based and safety-net clinics.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/13/2007) Cosponsors (36)
Latest Major Action: 11/13/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

63. S.2392 : A bill to direct the Secretary of Education to establish and maintain a public website through which individuals may find a complete database of available scholarships, fellowships, and other programs of financial assistance in the study of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 11/16/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 11/16/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

64. S.2428 : A bill to direct the Secretary of Education to establish and maintain a public website through which individuals may find a complete database of available scholarships, fellowships, and other programs of financial assistance in the study of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 12/6/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 12/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

65. S.2433 : A bill to require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 12/7/2007) Cosponsors (30)
Senate Reports: 110-331
Latest Major Action: 4/24/2008 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 718.

66. S.2519 : A bill to prohibit the awarding of a contract or grant in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold unless the prospective contractor or grantee certifies in writing to the agency awarding the contract or grant that the contractor or grantee has no seriously delinquent tax debts, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 12/19/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 12/19/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

67. S.3047 : A bill to provide for the coordination of the Nation's science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education initiatives.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/21/2008) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 5/21/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

68. S.3077 : A bill to strengthen transparency and accountability in Federal spending.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/3/2008) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 6/3/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

69. S.3142 : A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to enhance public health activities related to stillbirth and sudden unexpected infant death.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/17/2008) Cosponsors (5)
Latest Major Action: 6/17/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

70. S.3358 : A bill to provide for enhanced food-borne illness surveillance and food safety capacity.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/29/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 7/29/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

71. S.3506 : A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the credit for purchase of vehicles fueled by natural gas or liquefied natural gas and to amend the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users to reauthorize the Clean School Bus Program of the Environmental Protection Agency.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/17/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 9/17/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

72. S.AMDT.41 to S.1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/11/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 1/18/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 41 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

73. S.AMDT.55 to S.1 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/12/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 1/12/2007 Senate amendment submitted

74. S.AMDT.58 to S.1 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/12/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 1/12/2007 Senate amendment submitted

75. S.AMDT.188 to H.R.2 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 1/24/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 1/24/2007 Senate amendment submitted

76. S.AMDT.338 to S.4 To require consideration of high-risk qualifying criteria in allocating funds under the State Homeland Security Grant Program.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/5/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: 3/6/2007 Motion to table amendment SA 338 agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 58 - 41. Record Vote Number: 62.

77. S.AMDT.524 to S.CON.RES.21 To provide $100 million for the Summer Term Education Program supporting summer learning opportunities for low-income students in the early grades to lessen summer learning losses that contribute to the achievement gaps separating low-income students from their middle-class peers.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/21/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/23/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 524 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

78. S.AMDT.586 to S.CON.RES.21 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/22/2007) Cosponsors (6)
Latest Major Action: 3/22/2007 Senate amendment submitted

79. S.AMDT.599 to S.CON.RES.21 To add $200 million for Function 270 (Energy) for the demonstration and monitoring of carbon capture and sequestration technology by the Department of Energy.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/22/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 3/23/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 599 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

80. S.AMDT.664 to H.R.1591 To appropriate an additional $58,000,000 for Defense Health Program for additional mental health and related personnel, an additional $10,000,000 for operation and maintenance for each of the military departments for improved physical disability evaluations of members of the Armed Forces, and an additional $15,000,000 for Defense Health Program for women's mental health services.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/27/2007) Cosponsors (12)
Latest Major Action: 3/29/2007 Proposed amendment SA 664 withdrawn in Senate.

81. S.AMDT.684 to H.R.1591 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/27/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: 3/27/2007 Senate amendment submitted

82. S.AMDT.809 to H.R.1591 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/28/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 3/28/2007 Senate amendment submitted

83. S.AMDT.810 to H.R.1591 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/28/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 3/28/2007 Senate amendment submitted

84. S.AMDT.905 to S.761 To require the Director of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering Education to establish a program to recruit and provide mentors for women and underrepresented minorities who are interested in careers in mathematics, science, and engineering.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/23/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 4/25/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 905 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

85. S.AMDT.907 to S.761 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/23/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 4/23/2007 Senate amendment submitted

86. S.AMDT.923 to S.761 To expand the pipeline of individuals entering the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields to support United States innovation and competitiveness.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/24/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 4/25/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 923 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

87. S.AMDT.924 to S.761 To establish summer term education programs.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 4/25/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 924 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

88. S.AMDT.1041 to S.1082 To improve the safety and efficacy of genetic tests.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/3/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 5/8/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 1041 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

89. S.AMDT.1045 to S.1082 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/7/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 5/7/2007 Senate amendment submitted

90. S.AMDT.1130 to H.R.1495 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/15/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 5/15/2007 Senate amendment submitted

91. S.AMDT.1185 to S.1348 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/23/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 5/23/2007 Senate amendment submitted

92. S.AMDT.1202 to S.1348 To provide a date on which the authority of the section relating to the increasing of American competitiveness through a merit-based evaluation system for immigrants shall be terminated.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 6/6/2007 Senate amendment not agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 1202 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 42 - 55. Record Vote Number: 200.

93. S.AMDT.1243 to S.1348 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 5/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 5/24/2007 Senate amendment submitted

94. S.AMDT.1444 to S.1348 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/6/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 6/6/2007 Senate amendment submitted

95. S.AMDT.1558 to H.R.6 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/13/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 6/13/2007 Senate amendment submitted

96. S.AMDT.1579 to H.R.6 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/14/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 6/14/2007 Senate amendment submitted

97. S.AMDT.1735 to H.R.6 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/20/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 6/20/2007 Senate amendment submitted

98. S.AMDT.1840 to H.R.6 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/21/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 6/21/2007 Senate amendment submitted

99. S.AMDT.2084 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 7/11/2007 Senate amendment submitted

100. S.AMDT.2085 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (1)

101. S.AMDT.2086 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (12)

102. S.AMDT.2104 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (3)

103. S.AMDT.2106 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (2)

104. S.AMDT.2149 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/12/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 7/12/2007 Senate amendment submitted

105. S.AMDT.2464 to H.R.2638 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/25/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 7/25/2007 Senate amendment submitted

106. S.AMDT.2473 to H.R.2638 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/25/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 7/25/2007 Senate amendment submitted

107. S.AMDT.2519 to H.R.2638 To provide that one of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5 million or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee certifies in writing to the agency awarding the contract or grant that the contractor or grantee owes no past due Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/26/2007) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 7/26/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2519 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

108. S.AMDT.2588 to H.R.976 To provide certain employment protections for family members who are caring for members of the Armed Forces recovering from illnesses and injuries incurred on active duty.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/31/2007) Cosponsors (8)
Latest Major Action: 8/2/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2588 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

109. S.AMDT.2658 to H.R.2642 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 9/5/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2658 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.

110. S.AMDT.2659 to H.R.2642 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/4/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 9/4/2007 Senate amendment submitted

111. S.AMDT.2690 to H.R.2764 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/6/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 9/6/2007 Senate amendment submitted

112. S.AMDT.2692 to H.R.2764 To require a comprehensive nuclear threat reduction and security plan.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/6/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 9/6/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2692 as modified agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

113. S.AMDT.2799 to H.R.3074 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/10/2007) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 9/11/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 2799 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.

114. S.AMDT.3004 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/20/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 9/20/2007 Senate amendment submitted

115. S.AMDT.3026 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 9/24/2007 Senate amendment submitted

116. S.AMDT.3068 to H.R.1585 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 9/26/2007 Senate amendment submitted

117. S.AMDT.3073 to H.R.1585 To provide for transparency and accountability in military and security contracting.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 9/27/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 3073 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

118. S.AMDT.3078 to H.R.1585 Relating to administrative separations of members of the Armed Forces for personality disorder.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: 9/27/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 3078 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

119. S.AMDT.3137 to H.R.3222 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/2/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 10/3/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 3137 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

120. S.AMDT.3234 to H.R.3093 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/4/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 10/15/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 3234 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.

121. S.AMDT.3331 to H.R.3043 To provide that none of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this Act may be used to enter into a contract in an amount greater than $5,000,000 or to award a grant in excess of such amount unless the prospective contractor or grantee makes certain certifications regarding Federal tax liability.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/17/2007) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 10/22/2007 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 3331 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

122. S.AMDT.4113 to S.2663 To clarify and expand requirements with respect to information in recall notices.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/5/2008) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 3/6/2008 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 4113 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

123. S.AMDT.4114 to S.2663 To require the Comptroller General of the United States conduct a study and report on the effectiveness of authorities relating to the safety of imported consumer products.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/5/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/6/2008 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 4114 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

124. S.AMDT.4273 to S.CON.RES.70 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/12/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/12/2008 Senate amendment submitted

125. S.AMDT.4274 to S.CON.RES.70 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/12/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/12/2008 Senate amendment submitted

126. S.AMDT.4310 to S.CON.RES.70 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/13/2008) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 3/13/2008 Senate amendment submitted

127. S.AMDT.4330 to S.CON.RES.70 To provide an additional $5 million to the military departments' respective Boards for Correction of Military Records to expedite review of cases in which service members with combat-related psychological injuries (such as PTSD) or closed head injuries (such as TBIs) were administered discharges for personality disorders or other discharges resulting in a loss of benefits or care and seek a correction of records or upgraded discharge.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/13/2008) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 3/13/2008 Senate amendment agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 4330 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent.

128. S.AMDT.4351 to S.CON.RES.70 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/13/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/13/2008 Senate amendment submitted

129. S.AMDT.4441 to H.R.3221 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/7/2008) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 4/7/2008 Senate amendment submitted

130. S.AMDT.4442 to H.R.3221 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 4/7/2008) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 4/7/2008 Senate amendment submitted
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Sorry for the length of the post, I was just hoping I might be able to put some of you at ease.. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

1. Meaningless
2. Whoopee
3. Meaningless
4. Meaningless
5. Meaningless
6. Meaningless
7. Yawn…law
8. Meaningless
9. Meaningless
10. Meaningless
11. Irrelevant
12. Yawn
13. Yawn
14. Yawn
15. Not Bad
16. Not Bad
17. Yawn
18. Ha Ha
19. Can’t say
20. Meaningless
21. Meaningless
22. Meaningless
23. Yawn
24. Ditto
25. Meaningless
26. PC crap
27. Total BS …law
28.Meaningless
29. Can’t say
30. Meaningless
31. Meaningless
32. Meaningless
33. Meaningless
34. Meaningless
35. Not bad
36. Good
37. Meaningless
38. Crap
39. Meaningless
40. Yawn
41. Meaningless
42. Meaningless
43. Meaningless
44. Yawn
45. Can’t say
46. Crap
47. Meaningless
48. Meaningless
49. Good
50. Good
51. Crap
52. Yawn
53. Meaningless
54. Yawn
55. Yawn
56. Meaningless
57. Meaningless
58. Good
59. Depends
60. Yawn
61. Meaningless
62. Can’t say
63. Meaningless
64. Ditto
65. Total BS
66. Meaningless
67. Meaningless
68. Yawn
69. Meaningless
70. Good
71. Bad
72. Yawn
73. ?
74. ?
75. ?
76. Meaningless
77. Yawn
78. ?
79. Good
80. Can’t say
81. ?
82. ?
83. ?
84. Yawn
85. ?
86. Good
87. Meaningless
88. Meaningless
89. ?
90. ?
91. ?
92. Yawn
93. ?
94. ?
95. ?
96. ?
97. ?
98. ?
99. ?
100. ?
101. ?
102. ?
103. ?
104. ?
105. ?
106. ?
107. Meaningless
108. Redundant?
109. Meaningless
110. ?
111. ?
112. Yawn
113. Meaningless
114. ?
115. ?
116. ?
117. Yawn
118. Can’t say
119. Meaningless
120. Meaningless
121. Meaningless
122. Huh?
123. Good
124. ?
125. ?
126. ?
127. Good
128. ?
129. ?
130. ?

Nice try, but since when does proposing legislation account for actually accomplishing something?

I seen just 1 that has become Law. So 1 for 130...not bad. :roll:
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey wrote:Nice try, but since when does proposing legislation account for actually accomplishing something?
I think you're going to get slapped on this one soon Spidey... :wink:

Bee
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lol, yea but \"you\" missed.

I have some 30 projects on my to do list, with at least 12 of them on paper down to the last detail. Nice to know I don’t actually have to replace those doors,or rebuild that shower, to get credit.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

It seems like I'm supposed to be impressed, but upon examination I don't see what's so particularly impressive. Like Spidey said, it's a work-list. We've established that he couldn't have spent the WHOLE time playing video games. Big whoop. JBomb could easily give you a work-list twice that long, I'm sure, and, with a little imagination, the summaries could be just as impressive. There we go, now his name is the only one you see on these projects, with the rest of the team reduced to a parenthetical number. JBomb for president!

I'm sure square one is around here somewhere... ;)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Goob:

how many of the bills did he write/draft, rather than \"sponsor\"?
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaktazuki »

Which of those bills was explicitly authorized under the Constitution, as required by the Tenth Amendment?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

How about trying to discredit solar cells....

Bee
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

Bet51987 wrote:How about trying to discredit solar cells....

Bee
Why, did he invent those? :wink:
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Spidey should get a cookie for reading through all of those...

And no, he just invented the internet :)
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by MD-1118 »

Bet51987 wrote:MD-1118. Why should Obama scare you. President Bush and the rest of the republican administration have done nothing in eight years
True, but then they aren't getting the accolades that Obama has been receiving. Try to keep that in mind.

LOL, Spidey.
Bet51987 wrote:How about trying to discredit solar cells....

Bee
How about this?
Christine Lepisto, on SunPower's solar panels wrote:SunPower's reputation rests on the high-efficiency (22 percent efficient) Gen 2 technology photovoltaic chips, which have been in mass production since 2007.
Last I checked, 22 percent efficiency isn't much. Sure, it's better than, say, 2.2 percent efficiency, but it still isn't very efficient... and these are second generation photovoltaic chips. Link for those who are interested. I guess Florida's good for something after all.

Very little is wrong with solar panels. The problem lies primarily with people. If we wanted to, we could switch the entire country to solar power. I found this a while back but had to search for it again.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

MD-1118...Thanks for the link but year 2030 is too far away. WAY too far away. That estimate is probably spread by oil people who have paid republicans working for them. :) Anyway, here are experimental cells at 40% efficiency.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 220900.htm

The cost of a human mission to Mars by year 2020 is estimated at 120 billion just for starters and Nasa's budget for 2009 alone is aprox 18 billion. My science friends may get upset at me but I would scrap the human mission to Mars and the human \"back to the moon\" mission and knock down the Nasa budget by one quarter. Then, I would funnel that money towards Solar energy production which would eventually give something back. I see no reason to wait for 2030 nor do I see a need to be the first humans on Mars.

I don't like Nuclear power for the reasons I've already given, but I forgot about the security issue. The more reactors their are, the higher the risk for a catastrophic event from a terror strike that could contaminate in a way that could cause an economic and environmental disaster.

Wind power is not high on my list either because of noise, bird strikes, ( I love birds) and limited
locations.

Hydroelectric, dams, wave and tidal power are good too, and supply is not a problem, but maintenance
would be high.

http://webecoist.com/2008/11/09/hydroel ... dal-power/

To me, Solar makes more sense than the others. It's clean, environmentally friendly since they can be
built on sandy deserts, a supply that will outlast life on Earth, very low maintenance, a lifespan of
25-30 years, and since their made up of arrays - a terror strike will do only local damage. The rest
will still operate.

Thanks again for those links..

Edit: I really want to build a Solar array to keep a battery charged that will power a small lamp in my room...just for the fun of it.
Bettina
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Bet51987 wrote:MD-1118...Thanks for the link but year 2030 is too far away. WAY too far away. That estimate is probably spread by oil people who have paid republicans working for them. :) Anyway, here are experimental cells at 40% efficiency.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 220900.htm

The cost of a human mission to Mars by year 2020 is estimated at 120 billion just for starters and Nasa's budget for 2009 alone is aprox 18 billion. My science friends may get upset at me but I would scrap the human mission to Mars and the human "back to the moon" mission and knock down the Nasa budget by one quarter. Then, I would funnel that money towards Solar energy production which would eventually give something back. I see no reason to wait for 2030 nor do I see a need to be the first humans on Mars.

I don't like Nuclear power for the reasons I've already given, but I forgot about the security issue. The more reactors their are, the higher the risk for a catastrophic event from a terror strike that could contaminate in a way that could cause an economic and environmental disaster.

Wind power is not high on my list either because of noise, bird strikes, ( I love birds) and limited
locations.

Hydroelectric, dams, wave and tidal power are good too, and supply is not a problem, but maintenance
would be high.

http://webecoist.com/2008/11/09/hydroel ... dal-power/

To me, Solar makes more sense than the others. It's clean, environmentally friendly since they can be
built on sandy deserts, a supply that will outlast life on Earth, very low maintenance, a lifespan of
25-30 years, and since their made up of arrays - a terror strike will do only local damage. The rest
will still operate.

Thanks again for those links..

Edit: I really want to build a Solar array to keep a battery charged that will power a small lamp in my room...just for the fun of it.
Bettina
40%?? that's still a long ways out if it's experimental. Try at least ten years before it makes it to market and another 5 years before you see it in practical commercial application. that's just the reality of manufacturing.

Solar is an option but it's weak. It always will be.

Hydroelectric??!!

no Bet. there are very few if Any new dams going up. In fact they are coming DOWN. The same nutjobs that are keeping us from drill are fighting to keep dams from going up and bring old ones down. They want to bring Bonneville dam down here in the NW because they think it's killing salmon.. but... here's the catch.. figure this.. there is a butt load of sea lions at the base of the dam gettin fat on the salmon to the point that it's concerning the state dept. Now, the environmentalists that want to salmon pop to increase won't let the state Res Dept kill the sea lions.
Mind you that this dam provides most of the NW and Ca power.

Tidal plants? i don't think we have one in USA. I haven't looked into it.

Wind mills.
yeah.. noise? bird kills?

Have you been next to one Bet?

They aren't that load. In fact, any to most noise you hear is from the motor and they are out in the middle of freekin NO WHERE. You really can't hear them at a half mile. You can't really put them near a lot of population due to the fact that if and when they come down (and they do) you don't want them landing on anything. The ones we have here in the NW are on farms typically and wanted.
Bird kill. You've been reading too much propaganda. Probably by those oil companies. If a bird gets hit and killed by one of these thing, they deserve it. They don't move as fast as cars or planes. if they ARE moving that fast, I assure you a bird has no business flying around in a gale. Do you really think that wind mills with all it's "limited locations" will but any single bird species on the endangered list?

Wind RIGHT NOW is our most viable and most productive alternative while others catch up and are discovered.

Limited locations. go 5 miles of any shore. You will have more wind than you know what to do with. Right now, they are proposing floating wind power stations. They are massive. Where ever you have mountains, you have wind. We have the whole mid-west. (Tornadoes not invited)

Nuclear. It's toxic. That's about it. And most of that is all controllable.

Don't let fear run your life.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Is that fresh air I'm breathing?
Bettina wrote:Edit: I really want to build a Solar array to keep a battery charged that will power a small lamp in my room...just for the fun of it.
Sounds like a lot of fun. This guy on YouTube does some things with solar power along those lines that you might find interesting, but you'll have to do a little perusing because most of his videos concern home-made wind turbines (cool). Basically he runs a solar array to a lead/acid battery, and powers LED lights in his house off of that.

I think there's more, but try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvh81P0i7c
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Bet51987 wrote:I understand what you're saying. Our furnace guy told us that the more a furnace cycles the less efficient it is. He explained that in the morning the furnace has to bring the temperature back up to 68 but the objects in room are still at 66 acting like a heatsink. The room cools down quicker as heat is transferred to the objects and the furnace starts again.

I need to check further (I'm assuming a well insulated home).

Bee
The furnace guy is right, pure calculus isn't solving this Foil. What did you use for a delta T and DV/DT on temp differentials and how did you arrive at this number? When the house and its contents get too cold the furnace has to work harder to bring it and all the contents up to temp and like the furnace guy said it has to do with cycling. This is an established fact in the heating/cooling world and is factored into calculations. So there is such a thing as losing efficiency trying to be too cheap.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

My phone runs on baby owls.
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaktazuki »

My phone is an owl.

MD-1118
DBB Ace