Scoundrl into the Video game Hall of Fame

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Scoundrl
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Scoundrl into the Video game Hall of Fame

Post by Scoundrl »

Hey guys, looks like I finally made the BIG TIME LOL. I will be inducted into the international video game hall of fame in Ottumwa Iowa (home town of Twin Galaxies founder Walter Day) August 6-8th. Thresh, Fatal1ty, Pac-Man and many other will be honored at this event and it should be a BLAST.
I am looking for anyone with and old pictures, screenshots, captures of the old descent ladder, stories or anything else related to the early days of descent, lan parties, uberfest 1 and 2, the online forsaken tournement, the E3 show in Atlanta especially if its pictures or video from the Forsaken tournament. I'd love for these things to include me but anything will be cool, I plan on talking up the early days and how us old timers pioneered what every gamer today takes for granted.

Take care,
-Ken House (Scoundrl)
http://www.ivghof.com/
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

congrats Scoundrl
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Hey Scound, congrats! I was at a grocery store the other day and picked up a Video Game Records book and checked for you under DigDug and you're still there lol

My story of first playing you in Descent goes like this:

It was sometime in '95 or early '96 when I was still a newbie on Kali and learning Descent. I ended up playing you in Total Chaos (lvl 1 I think ...the one with the mega down the volcano tube?) and you beat me 10-0. I called you a cheater haha!

Several months later I had started to actually get quite good at Descent from playing guys like Strap, Wyvern, DrDon, Karash, etc and joined the ODL. You were ranked #2 right under AaronB and I was sitting somewhere around #19 (that # sticks in my head). I played you again and lost (don't remember the score). My whole goal from that point on was to figure out how to beat you and DrDon (my other nemesis at the time) and then the ODL closed down :(

I likely played you again on the original 1-tier IDL before it shut down and I retired for awhile but I can't recall for sure on games/outcomes.

I went by the pilot/Kali name griffin back then. I was the Canadian hoser with all the lag.
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

Grats you old bag of rocks.

Shoot me a PM and I will get you some Uberfest and NYDP Lan pics, I have the Forsaken Beta table from NYDP testing and shots of the Uberfest Forsaken tourney.
There's just enough religion in the world to make men hate one another but not enough to make them love.