What does a "Government Shutdown" look like?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: What does a "Government Shutdown" look like?

Post by callmeslick »

don't want to answer the question, do you? Ahh, that's ok. :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

There were 1.3 million businesses in California at the end of 2012, 5.2 percent fewer than in the previous year (that’s about 73,000 fewer). To put that in perspective, Massachusetts lost 5,200 businesses, the second-highest amount.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... sappearing
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:don't want to answer the question, do you? Ahh, that's ok. :lol:
Kinda chickenshit to make a comment like that after only 12 hours. Maybe, unlike you, some people have to work for a living
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, you've found the time to post twice, neither answering the question.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote: Also, you provide little or no evidence that 'jobs are fleeing' the state. Finally, every state has problems to work through and California is no different. It should, however, be blatantly obvious that somehow, the Dems managed to turn things around, right?
What question were you asking then? And just how is CA being turned around. Are jobs flowing back into the state? Sometimes I wonder if you are able to even comprehend what you post.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

has California turned around a constant brink of default, which had been the status quo for years. Has California been able to mainain public services and the level of citizen satisfaction with those services?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny how that wasn't clearly articulated. Perhaps you need better stimulants when you post.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I guess, after all is said and done:".... It should, however, be blatantly obvious that somehow, the Dems managed to turn things around, right?" wasn't clear enough for you. Maybe I'm not the one in need of stimulants. I suggested look at CA under Ahhhhnold, and look at CA now. If you cannot at least concede that Brown and Co have righted the ship from the old status quo, you aren't capable of honest comparison. It's that simple.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:has California turned around a constant brink of default, which had been the status quo for years. Has California been able to mainain public services and the level of citizen satisfaction with those services?
It looks like yes to the first part and no to the second part...even AFTER you restated the second part to try and sneak over the goal line you moved.
The links I provided clearly outline some critical services that have suffered under Governor Brown.

So is Brown the Liberal hero that saved the state as you imply?
Not really. He has set them on the path to fiscal recovery but at the expense of other facets of the quality of life for the citizens.

Some of the down side to his changes won't be felt for a while either. And I'll bet you a steak dinner that when those problems he multiplied start adding up to bad news it will be reported by you as the result of the election of his less liberal replacement!

Is he better than Arnold? Yea, I'd say he is, he's much more savvy and one of the more pragmatic liberals I've ever watched govern.

But is California all better now that he is in charge instead of the evil republican? No, that is your fantasy.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Detroit
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt