armed Muslim group claims God told them to occupy

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

armed Muslim group claims God told them to occupy

Post by callmeslick »

....a federal building in a park......oh, no, that isn't a group of Muslim thugs, now is it, TB?

Frankly, the building in Oregon ought to be immediately surrounded, and all utilities cut, and let the occupying 'militia'(who were not requested or supported by the two people actually involved in a legal case)starve to death.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: armed Muslim group claims God told them to occupy

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Why not just do a Waco on those pesky protesters.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

frankly, that is about what it should be, Woody. Were this a group of armed Muslims, they would be dead now. Were this a group of black protestors, they would be in jail by now, or dead. Surround the place, starve these assholes out(they weren't even supported by the people who are actually involved, locally, and showed up uninvited), and send them to jail. If they wish to provide armed resisitance, as some of them claim(one guy actually wrote a goodbye note to family), kill them. This sort of thing cannot be tolerated for a minute.
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If the government was really as evil as these people claim, they would have just bombed this building out from 30,000 feet and been done with it.

They need to piss off and quit wasting other peoples tax dollars on these retarded theatrics.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Don't these kind of dumb ass theatrics work well on college campii...especially when college professors are involved?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Don't these kind of dumb ass theatrics work well on college campii...especially when college professors are involved?
last I recall, the only major occupations of public buildings occurred during the 60s and were dealt with ruthlessly. Further, at no time did anyone involved threaten to use lethal force. The only group close to that threat level may have been MOVE in Philly in the 80s, and the city firebombed their compound. Of course, those people were black, so it's ok.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Seems One Wallstreet crowd had no problems occupying parts of New York. Maybe you forgot about them as they were affiliated with the Progressive/Liberals

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Seems One Wallstreet crowd had no problems occupying parts of New York. Maybe you forgot about them as they were affiliated with the Progressive/Liberals
I was at both the NYC and Philly events, and saw not a single protestor with a weapon. I heard not one protestor physically threaten anyone. I don't object to peaceful occupation. It is when that crosses the line into 'we're going to use deadly force' that I have a big issue, because you've passed from lawful, Constitutionally protected free speech into terrorism.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Naturally, I can't get behind the idea of using force against these guys, especially if there are no hostages. The safest and cheapest solution is simple to besiege them and wait. They will lose the game, and months or years later even fewer people will care about their shenanigans. These guys are deluded in narrow group-think.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What you did with this thread title, I see it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:If the government was really as evil as these people claim, they would have just bombed this building out from 30,000 feet and been done with it.

They need to piss off and quit wasting other peoples tax dollars on these retarded theatrics.
You, know, I wish they would. Or else leave and get a normal life and a normal job. I'm getting tired of hearing about this BS on the news, along with that little stinkfest about that illegal gold mine in Southern Oregon. These armed Oathkeepers are nothing but an illegal terrorist organization helping anti-government zealots take over public land for their own private use, or abuse, IMO.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Build a big beautiful wall around this place with a big beautiful door, and make them pay for it.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Amusingly enough, a survey making the news rounds today revealed that white Republicans self-identified as the angriest demographic. I know I'm personally more concerned about some angry white nutjob with a gun than I am some random Islamic terrorist.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Vander wrote:Build a big beautiful wall around this place with a big beautiful door, and make them pay for it.
All good Vander but I'd not put in the door. Let them survive since they're self described survivalists.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

So where's the bit about "God told them to occupy", Slick? Not finding it in that article.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Top Gun wrote:Amusingly enough, a survey making the news rounds today revealed that white Republicans self-identified as the angriest demographic. I know I'm personally more concerned about some angry white nutjob with a gun than I am some random Islamic terrorist.
I saw that. It also claimed 58% of white women were angry too. They didn't say if they were Republican women though. :mrgreen:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:So where's the bit about "God told them to occupy", Slick? Not finding it in that article.
It's implied, with truth to it. All one has to do is Google "God" along with "American Patriot".

https://teespring.com/americanpatriotsforgod

I've also heard one of these neofascist's mottos:

God Fearin'
Gun Totin'
Freedom Lovin'
Real American
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I'm looking for the specific claim.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

one of the two younger Bundy's made the remark, that it was God's calling to take the building. I can dig it up if you are having trouble.
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

It's cool, Nightshade, it's enough that it's in the title of your topic.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

geez, Thorne, this ought to be common knowledge for anyone who actually reads up on a news story of this magnitude from ALL sources. This is the local newspaper from the Willamette Valley:

http://www.wweek.com/2016/01/02/militia ... t-pleased/
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I somehow get the feeling this isn't going to be like The Alamo. This story is fascinating to be because of the sheer delusion of these dozen or so "militiaman." Too many action movies I guess.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Top Gun wrote:What you did with this thread title, I see it.
TB provided the template, I take no credit.....
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

vision wrote:I somehow get the feeling this isn't going to be like The Alamo. This story is fascinating to be because of the sheer delusion of these dozen or so "militiaman." Too many action movies I guess.
and, for the record, I don't favor violence against them unless they attempt to injure someone. They can be waited out. However, what they have done should rise to the level defined in the post-2001 terrorism statute, so everybody in the group should be eligible for Federal Housing for 20 to life. They must be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest, or this sort of crap will become routine. Just read another local interview with some law enforcement guy who claims that his contacts with them indicate these guys fully intend to start the overthrow of the government. Delusional indeed.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:Amusingly enough, a survey making the news rounds today revealed that white Republicans self-identified as the angriest demographic. I know I'm personally more concerned about some angry white nutjob with a gun than I am some random Islamic terrorist.
I wonder how this statement would play out in San Bernadino.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

good to see most folks getting some humor from these goofballs:
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/yall-qa ... s-awesome/

"Y'all Queda" :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I like Vanilla ISIS, but I'd have to go with Y'all Qaida.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Muslim Terrorist:

We need to understand their culture better.
They just need jobs and hope.
We need to stop meddling around in their affairs.
You’re more likely to get struck by lightning…
Don’t do anything to offend them.

White Terrorist:

Kill Them!
Starve Them!
Mock Them!
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Don't be silly. Unless you think we're dropping jobs from F-18's over Syria.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

What is unfair intolerance of white American immigrants to the colored American immigrants.
Meanwhile, the United States continues to call their "moderate" terrorists in Syria. While in the U.S. they immediately become a threat to the nation. Usual American democracy.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Muslim Terrorist:living in another part of the freaking world

We need to understand their culture better.because they live in another part of the world
They just need jobs and hope.that is the analysis from some who understand those parts of the world, it's a theory
We need to stop meddling around in their affairs.good advice for any situation
You’re more likely to get struck by lightning…true
Don’t do anything to offend them.no one said that or a lot never got the memo

White Terrorist:at least you grasp that these idiots are wannabe terrorists

Kill Them!if they start threatening people. Terrorism should play no role in that decision.
Starve Them!completely peaceful, frankly I'd be fine if the lot of them stay on the bird sanctuary and leave the rest of us alone
Mock Them!because they are a joke
George Orwell---"1984"
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

callmeslick wrote:oh, no, that isn't a group of Muslim thugs
Nope -- it's the other religious-wackjob group that killed a bunch of civilians on September 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

don't know if this is true(I read it on the interweb), but supposedly these clowns put out a call for supporters to send snack foods......wait for it:

via the US Mail. :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Get your government hands off my Medicare.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Spidey wrote:...

White Terrorist:

Kill Them!
Starve Them!
Mock Them!
A for people who don't feel like these three are being pursued hotly enough, there is suggesting that the only reason for not killing/starving them while mocking them is that they are being protected by white privilege. This in my mind is particularly heinous, because it seeks to shroud any possibility for a non-violent conclusion behind an extremely limited "death or racist?" option. These men are not terrorists by any reasonable definition, and they are not enemy combatants.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the last time these clowns tried to 'overthrow the evil gubmint' in Nevada, they walked out, tails between their blowhard legs, in 4 days. I see a similar trajectory here. No real need to bomb them, and they seem capable of starving themselves out of sheer stupidity.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

#hezbubba

my new favorite.
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

You know, I know people somewhat from my experiences, and beginning to look into this, and listening to this man speak on this video (which incidentally was not linked from any of the news articles I saw)--you DBBers have this whole thing ass backwards. This is not an attempt to overthrow the Federal government. This is not a random, violent occupation. These are not stupid people. These are not trouble-makers. These are not religious nuts or delusional people. These are better people.