Turnabout is fair play, isn't it?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Turnabout is fair play, isn't it?

Post by Nightshade »

If democrats can harass and threaten republican electors, then the same should be done to democrat electors that are voting for a democrat presidential candidate.
The Democrats’ ongoing campaign of harassment against Republican members of the Electoral College is a scandal. It shows a complete lack of regard for our democracy.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... utrage.php
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Turnabout is fair play, isn't it?

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just what do you think would have happened with Trump's crazy supporters if Trump had lost the electoral college and won the popular vote? Don't you think HIS supporters would be doing the same thing, going bonkers and making challenges? Both sides are very passionate about the outcome of this election, so don't blame JUST the Dems. Besides, most Rep electors worth their salt would never change their vote and give it to Hillary. Maybe another pick another Republican or pull out their toenails, but never a vote for her. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In my opinion, Trump has not yet made what is the wrong political steps to be able to judge him a priori. While Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama long ago discredited themselves.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I agree with the words of Sergei Lavrov, that the Western ideology is full idiocy. I will never believe that Trump ordered to kill the Russian Ambassador in Turkey.
Children blunt.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...the hell are you talking about?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma, I just saw it happen on our news, on video. May I express my sincere sorrow at the shocking and senseless murder of Russia's Ambassador to Turkey. :frown:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

thank.

P.S. You know, according to all forecasts I see that WWIII will probably be around 2025. I do not know how and whether we can change this future. But maybe a miracle will happen and nothing will happen.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Sometimes I want to sent to Turkey not an ordinary Slavic Russian special forces, but Muslim Russian special forces.
Slavs just quickly destroy all. But Muslims will long to torture even all the dogs, and fish in the aquarium.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Back on topic...Hillary Clinton lost more electoral votes by turn coat electors than Trump did. And the alt right crowd didn't even have to threaten anyone.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Back on topic...Hillary Clinton lost more electoral votes by turn coat electors than Trump did. And the alt right crowd didn't even have to threaten anyone.
It just shows you that none of that liberal harassment NS was all worried about at the top of this post did anything to sway most of the electors from performing their duty correctly. Still, Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. He does NOT have a mandate. That little irritating fact has got to be festering boil on top of his over-inflated ego. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

That's some very strange logic...mandates are based on getting elected...not the popular vote.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's strange logic because I didn't originally say it. Both Trump and Pence have claimed to have a "mandate" for their conservative agenda. The reality is, they only have slightly less than half the country that supports their "mandate". In other words, they DON'T have a mandate. :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ve-agenda/
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

A president doesn’t need a "mandate" to do the things they were elected to do.

All this “mandate” crap is just whiner talk after every lost election…from both sides.

BTW, if you look up the synonyms of “mandate” you will see the president already has this, just by virtue of being elected.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

True, although the word mandate has been used very loosely by many politician to mean "most" of the voters. :wink:

But if you're that person who was elected by only half the country, is that the statement to make in if you want to bring a deeply divided nation together, or is it just a twisted form of revenge for those 8 years of Obama they loathed? The reality is that just about everyone is sick of the status quo that we've been mired in for years and no recent politician has had even a smidgen of desire to willingly work with the other side for the benefit of the whole nation either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/sunda ... rnors.html
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nah. "Mandate" usually comes from the acquiescence of the losing side of an election won by significant margin. It's more than the loser simply consenting to be governed by the winner, it's a furnishing of slightly more latitude in that governance because a super-majority of fellow citizens support it.

So if Trump wants to claim "mandate" while losing the popular vote by millions, nah.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I find it interesting that the Dems are asking Trump to reach out and work with them. Heh, remember Obama's "get over it, we won, you lost" comment? Seems like the Dems only want someone to reach out is when they lose.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

What is the difference in the end. Petrol going up constantly in oil Russia, regardless of the price of oil of $ 40 or $ 120 and who is there in the US President.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:I find it interesting that the Dems are asking Trump to reach out and work with them. Heh, remember Obama's "get over it, we won, you lost" comment? Seems like the Dems only want someone to reach out is when they lose.
If Trump's little nasty Victory Rallies are an example of wanting to work together with those who oppose him, I'd hate to see what he means by "my way or the highway". :wink:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Cute little video. :)

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Respect is something that has to be earned. Time will tell.