Is there a recent version of Apocalyptic Factor that doesn't have glitches in d2x-rebirth?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Calmarius
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Is there a recent version of Apocalyptic Factor that doesn't have glitches in d2x-rebirth?

Post by Calmarius »

I downloaded AF from DMDB some months ago (link: http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=418).

The af.txt says there is a lot of briefing, but none of them shows up in Rebirth. The bosses in level 3 stand still and doesn't move... After seeing it in a video they should move.
I haven't reached the rest of the levels yet... So I don't know if there are more glitches like that.

I'm using dxx-rebirth 0.60 (which is a major code overhaul) on 64 bit Linux, I haven't tested with 0.58 yet (gonna do it after work).

I remember having issues like this with TEW too (some robots couldn't turn). But that was fixed in a later release.
Insane difficulty, cold start, no death, full rescue, 100+ HP at exit.
Calmarius
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Is there a recent version of Apocalyptic Factor that doesn't have glitches in d2x-rebirth?

Post by Calmarius »

I tried with 0.58 and it works. So it's definitely a dxx-rebirth problem...

I will check with the latest build to see if it works...

EDIT: Nope it doesn't I need to report a bug.
Insane difficulty, cold start, no death, full rescue, 100+ HP at exit.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Is there a recent version of Apocalyptic Factor that doesn't have glitches in d2x-rebirth?

Post by LightWolf »

I've noticed (due to having several Rebirth installs for this or that) that AF only fails on some Rebirths. On my primary install it worked fine, but I copied it to my Beta install and it doesn't.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter