Issue with registration page

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Issue with registration page

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Posting for someone on Discord.

pdxgeekToday at 9:00 PM
I might try asking in the FB group. Not sure if anyone from dbb is in that group.
East coast always be slow :smiley:
@CDN_Merlin you appear to still be active on descentbb. Are you one of the mods or able to contact the owner? The registration page isn't working and I am unable to create an account and my old Primus account appears to be gone.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Issue with registration page

Post by Krom »

Registered a test account using chrome, the activation email ended up in my spam box but otherwise everything worked fine. Make sure he answers the captcha question and checks his spam box for the activation email.

Perhaps this is his account? https://www.descentbb.net/memberlist.ph ... ile&u=5961

Tell him to try "Demigod Primus" instead of just "Primus".
pdxgeek
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by pdxgeek »

Hey Krom,
Since you were able to successfully create an account, I had the thought that the problem might be that I was using a * in my password and some pw systems do not accept those characters. So I changed my pw to not include any non-alpha numerical characters and everything worked fine. And I am Demigod Primus but I have no idea what the pw is or what email it was registered too.
Thanks for the quick response!
pdxgeek
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

At least it allows up to 100 characters, I hate being told "your password is too long".
pdxgeek
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by pdxgeek »

The bug here, if you wanted to address it, is that the error message reported is stating I failed the captcha phrase, when I didn't. Another question is on what am I supposed to type for the question Type this sentence in all caps: then one line below is the phrase that shows up on every captcha question stating This is captcha system to stop bots with nothing directly to the right of the :. Is the phrase actually the captcha phrase or is it something else?

When a user uses a special character for a PW, maybe just report special characters are not supported versus saying you failed the captcha check?

Thanks again!
pdxgeek