I want to run my AMD A8 at maximum frequency

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

I want to run my AMD A8 at maximum frequency

Post by Burlyman »

I'm playing a game and it seems kind of sluggish today. I noticed that my CPU runs at 960 MHz even when the game is running, and I wanted to see if I could get it to run at 2 GHz. How do I do this?
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: I want to run my AMD A8 at maximum frequency

Post by Krom »

Make sure your windows power plan is set to "balanced" and if necessary reset the plan to defaults. If you are running windows 10, make sure "battery saver" is not active. If that doesn't work, try "high performance" but keep in mind it will make your PC run hot all the time and consume lots of power even when it isn't doing anything.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: I want to run my AMD A8 at maximum frequency

Post by Burlyman »

Okay it's working now. I accidentally unplugged the battery and when I plugged it back in it was working. XD I reset the high performance plan to defaults but I think I did that after it started working again, I can't remember. :P Running it on the balanced plan now and it's working. ^_^
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe