Jabber aka. XMPP server on Descentforum.de

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Jabber aka. XMPP server on Descentforum.de

Post by Do_Checkor »

Just wanted to let you guys know that there is a XMPP Messenger server available on my end for a while ...

ICQ stops / stopped supporting external / third party messengers, same as Skype (ok that is no news), MSN, AIM, and some more are dead...

I know there are still a few peeps around who (like me) still like to suck on a desktop messenger...

The Descentforum.de XMPP server allows for multi client connection - encryped - and can be used from your smart phone, tablet, PC / Laptop at the same time.

There are plenty of apps around (I still use Trillian for myself, but would recommend Gajim for desktop use if you don't need anything else than XMPP / jabber). Setup incl. setting up a new account needs 2 minutes...

Of course I know that these days services like Steam, Discord, among non gaming services like Whatsapp, Facebook and so on rule the world but if you are interested because you are some oldschool monkey like me:

You're welcome! PM me if you're interested...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Jabber aka. XMPP server on Descentforum.de

Post by Krom »

So I'm not the only dinosaur still using Trillian on desktop these days? Though lately I've been feeling more and more like dropping it since everyone I talk to is on facebook messenger and Trillian fails to receive or display a lot of messages from them (anything with a link/video/image etc gets skipped).