DistributedCOM errors

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

DistributedCOM errors

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've got a brand new Windows 10 build on a new laptop. No upgrades from a previous version as far as I know. I keep getting DistributedCOM event 10016 errors in the event log. They are associated with these keys:

CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

Anyway to stop these? I know it's a permissions error, but I don't know where to begin and I've read that they'll return after a new build of Windows 10 gets installed.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: DistributedCOM errors

Post by Krom »

It is harmless (they even show up on my system which is a clean install of 1809).
It is something that can be fixed if it really bothers you though:
https://www.eightforums.com/threads/num ... bit.11951/
There is a post down a few from the start that details how to fix it, but you may have to change the CLSID/APPID to match the one on your system.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: DistributedCOM errors

Post by Tunnelcat »

Looks like an awful lot of BS to go through just to fix something Microsoft should've fixed long before 10. What a bunch of doofuses. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.