youtube audio

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

youtube audio

Post by woodchip »

Any way to download a youtube audio? While I am more than wiling to pay a lot of the nature sounds I like are part of a you tube vid with no way to buy the audio or any way I can see to download just the audio. Any ideas?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: youtube audio

Post by vision »

Tons of way to do it! In the browser I use a FireFox plugin named "Video Download Helper" On Linux I use youtube-dl which has a Windows version, though I don't think the one on the official website has a GUI, but there are derivatives that do. Sometimes I just record the audio right from my soundcard using Audacity as it plays (this is limited by chip design, but most soundcards can do it).
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision, Tor thanks for responding. vision I looked at your first link and was going to download it until I saw all the permissions required. Also was looking at Audacity and was in the process of trying to find out how one separates the audio from the visuals when I checked back here. Tor your link made everything stupidly easy. Got a 168 meg audio from a you tube in less than a minute and loaded it onto my mp3 player where it played back beautifully:

Great audio for falling asleep to. Once again I come here and get my problems resolved. Thanks guys.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:25 amGreat audio for falling asleep to.
Or inspire you to play Bluegrass? :)
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Glad i could be of use! lol