R.I.H. Rush Limbaugh

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

R.I.H. Rush Limbaugh

Post by Tunnelcat »

Rot In Hell, not rest in peace. The architect of the right wing movement that eventually spawned the Culture Wars, the Tea Party, the current fetid traitorous incarnation of the Republican Party and the likes of Donald Trump is now DEAD. I know, it's not nice to speak ill of those who've passed, but I'm making an exception for this loathsome irredeemable bastard. Ding dong the warlock's dead, the warlock's dead, the warlock's dead. Ding dong the warlock's finally dead. Now if Trump keels over dead with a coronary tomorrow, I'm going to throw a block party and get mind blowing drunk. :P

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/art ... 958262.php
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: R.I.H. Rush Limbaugh

Post by Krom »

Tell him to say hello to all the other fascist assholes in Hell.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Thorne recently asked why people were doubting the possibility that Trump could have won in 2020, Limbaugh is his answer. With the Party of Lincoln now the Party of Trump, nepotism on an institutional scale, lying and calling it alternative facts, name calling, racism, misogyny, bigotry, homophobia, white nationalism, antisemitism and now treasonous insurrection while defiling the Constitution in support of a dictatorial president, all promoted under the banner of patriotism. THAT is what is now embedded in their mainstream party platform courtesy of Limbaugh. You'll notice in that list that "conservatism" does not appear anywhere, because it no longer applies. Republicans have sunk into the pit of slime they created and all for a perverted sense of power, democracy be damned. We've reaped what they've sown.

Little did I realize that I'd find this opinion piece on Fox News of all outlets. If Republicans can't win legitimately, they're resorting to cheating the system just to win.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/voter-s ... n-williams
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Don't all politicians lie and cheat to get into power?
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

CDN_Merlin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:59 pmDon't all politicians lie and cheat to get into power?
No, believe it or not. Some are public servants who legitimately care about doing a good job and serving the people, but they are far and few between. John McCain was not a liar or a cheat. I don't think Mitt Romney is either. I would have a hard time believing Senator Mark Kelley is a liar and cheat, or Ocasio-Cortez for that matter.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

That's definitely a given. The Dems blew it with the Clinton Impeachment and followed him to their loss in the next election. They were just as stupid and blind and I personally have never voted for a Clinton ever again. But don't you think the Republican Party has devolved into a bunch of mindless Trump sycophants who believe that idiot is God's gift to the conservative cause, can do no wrong even up to violating the Constitution, defiling our Capital and nearly destroying our democracy while doing it and that they've abandoned their former conservative principles in the process? They've even twisted themselves into pretzels to bow down to Trump AFTER he lost the election. Graham, Cruse and McConnell are prime examples. They're so delusional that they STILL believe Trump won. I've voted for Republicans in the past and I won't ever do it for a long time. I mean, Trump is about as intelligent as a turnip but has all the charm of a schoolyard bully you'd want to kick in the nuts until he curls up a cries like a child and you'd still want to keep kicking. I can see the party wanting to follow a strong, smart leader who at least knows how to get things done for most of the people in this country, respects the Constitution and supports our allies in the world. But Trump is just in it for himself and the power it brings, so he caters only to his crazy base. He's a loathsome man who calls every worldwide tyrant on the planet his type of friend.

And come on. Trump has cultivated the worst of humanity to gain his power. White supremacists, racists, nationalists, misogynists and anarchists. In other words, mostly uneducated white middle-aged males who are NOT the entire demographic of our nation. And before you say it, I'm not talking about Antifa but the Proud Boys. The Dems need to purge their ranks of those Antifa bozos if THEY want to be taken seriously. Limbaugh was at the forefront in the territory of vulgarity and bombastic public rhetoric. He gave it credence and normalcy and turned the bully pulpit into an actual legitimate bully pulpit that people took seriously. There wasn't a word out of Limbaugh's mouth that didn't insult someone for the most inane and hateful of reasons. Sometimes he just did it out of stupidity and spite. One example. Him calling that woman testifying on Capital Hill about how the ACA should help pay for contraception a slut. How in the hell is that helpful to the conservative cause of stopping abortion? More contraception, less unwanted pregnancies. Simple solution. But noooooo, he has to insult the messenger like she's a whore. So tell me, how does that help the Republicans who want the female vote just to win elections? He was a grade A demagogue with no principles except to denigrate those he didn't like and cultivate those without the intelligence to see they were being suckered and used. His legacy is a party that believes in Q Anon.