"We don't need a messiah."

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

"We don't need a messiah."

Post by Burlyman »

What kind of Christian says this? Political tribalists still think there's nothing wrong with "their President." Remember I don't think he's a Muslim like the fabricated "right" Discuss.^_^
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "We don't need a messiah."

Post by Tunnelcat »

Who specifically said that, or is it a generalization? I'd love to know because I can't for the life of me figure out why Christians damn near worship Trump like a God. My sister is a tried and true self-described Christian and regular church goer. Yet she just can't see what's wrong with voting for a man who's against every moral value she's ever held. She even voted for him twice. She only sees the "supposed" good things Trump has done, of which there are very few I could even name. Then she has the gall to complain about Mario Cuomo, when Trump himself was the king of sexual perversity AND never resigned office either. I've pointed out Trump's evil to her to no avail. She tells me to send her links, then lambasts them as nothing but propaganda from the left. If it doesn't come from Fox News or any of the other right wing dribble faucets, it's leftist propaganda. The ONLY time I got her attention was when a major Christian group publicly called out Trump as an evil man. She and her hubby then discussed it between themselves because it "concerned them", but then dismissed it, saying that Trump's failings are the price to pay for him "eventually" doing good things for the country. Eventually? Disregard major tenets of the Bible because you believe that "eventually" good things will happen? So what they're doing is bargaining with the devil in exchange for "good things". I've never seen such a twisted knot of logic used to defend the violations of the many important core beliefs that are deeply held within their own faith. The only thing I can think of is that their twisted reasoning has been the result of a mass delusion brought about by cognitive dissonance. I mean, for cripes sake, the man has a golden statue in his own likeness that he apparently loves. Scratch one of the Ten Commandments right there. She even dismissed THAT! They might as well go kiss the damn thing and give it their blessings. Heck, we may need Moses to come back and kick their stupid butts at this point. Trump surrounds himself with Misogynists, White Supremacists, Nazis and anti-Semites and praised them as "good people". He worships money and using people just to get that money above all else. His kids are rotten carbon copies who used the Office of the Presidency for their own gain as did their father. If the people who continue to believe in Trump are representative of Christians, I want no part of their "religion". I know there are many good Christians out there that abhor this man, but their numbers are low and/or they remain a fearful and silent minority.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Barack Obama was the one who said that. I agree with you, but remember, people on the left do the same things but with CNN, MSNBC, etc. When I was a Democrat I liked Presidents even though I knew they supported things like abortion, and I was a Christian, or one who called myself by Christ's name. I was in the middle somewhere. It's hard to talk to people who still believe in a left and a right.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Tunnelcat, well said.

It's sad that so many people can't see reason or logic. I have an old HS buddy who won't listen to anything that COVID is real. It's all fake and the Gov't is simply using this to control the masses. He's been banned from all stores in his area because he refuses to wear a mask. He says he can't breathe but he's been smoking pot all his life.

Stupid people hurt my head.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Even though I'm not a Democrat anymore I still think Republican party is awful. I'm a conspiracy realist but I knew all the other ones would think corona virus is fake. I know it's something real so they were wrong this time around. Also, Q anon is just a counter-intelligence agent working against the American public.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, Covid is real. I personally know someone who's lungs were so badly damaged by this virus that she needs COPD medication anymore just to breathe and she never smoked.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

I've heard everything on the "how dangerous is Covid" scale (including "flu is worse" and "it's a death sentence"), but that it doesn't exist (except in the now-nonexistant anti-5G crowd) I've only heard once, and I'm still not sure if he was actually joking.

I find it ironic that his logic was "do you know anyone who's had it?" - coming from someone fron Wyoming, the state that doesn't exist because nobody's been there.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter