Rittenhouse found innocent

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Rittenhouse found innocent

Post by Ferno »

Spidey, you're from the era that when you're caught in something, the responsible thing to do is own up to your mistake. I know that's what you were taught by your parents. And now I'm seeing you try to point the finger at Vision like a child.

Come on man, take some responsibility for once.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I'm not going to take responsibility for something I didn't do.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

That's what a child says.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Ferno and Vision, if you two want to be taken seriously you should move beyond simply making sloppy allegations based on inscrutable personal observations (at best), and instead try presenting a complete and defensible point. Ferno you've failed to demonstrate that Spidey is backtracking. I look back over his posts and I don't even know what you might be referring to. That's just lazy. At least indicate what it is you think he's backtracking from.

Based on some of the stuff I've seen from you two in this topic, it's clear that you're either deliberately/maliciously/blithely misrepresenting in order to claim victory, or there is an extreme degree of misunderstanding taking place. The fact that you both think that personal insults are in order so frequently is just toxic. Appealing to an adult's parents and calling said adult a child are both presumptuous, and pathetic attempts at manipulation.

Vision, the reason you feel that you have to keep reminding people that life is more important than property is that you are being stupid and failing to recognize that when the defense of property escalates to the need for self-defense, the life taken in self defense is a life taken in defense of life, not property. Logic/reason 101. Property is worth contending for, and life is worth killing for. I recall that your world-view does not allow for the distinction between aggressor and victim when it comes to violence. That's foolish and short-sighted. The ultimate conclusion of that ideology is in the aggressor's favor, not in the victim's favor.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Sergeant Thorne wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 am Ferno and Vision, if you two want to be taken seriously you should move beyond simply making sloppy allegations based on inscrutable personal observations (at best), and instead try presenting a complete and defensible point. Ferno you've failed to demonstrate that Spidey is backtracking. I look back over his posts and I don't even know what you might be referring to. That's just lazy. At least indicate what it is you think he's backtracking from.

Based on some of the stuff I've seen from you two in this topic, it's clear that you're either deliberately/maliciously/blithely misrepresenting in order to claim victory, or there is an extreme degree of misunderstanding taking place. The fact that you both think that personal insults are in order so frequently is just toxic. Appealing to an adult's parents and calling said adult a child are both presumptuous, and pathetic attempts at manipulation.

Vision, the reason you feel that you have to keep reminding people that life is more important than property is that you are being stupid and failing to recognize that when the defense of property escalates to the need for self-defense, the life taken in self defense is a life taken in defense of life, not property. Logic/reason 101. Property is worth contending for, and life is worth killing for. I recall that your world-view does not allow for the distinction between aggressor and victim when it comes to violence. That's foolish and short-sighted. The ultimate conclusion of that ideology is in the aggressor's favor, not in the victim's favor.
Man, shut the ★■◆● up. Vision literally called him out on it, and spidey is refusing to acknowledge it. And your bad-faith nonsense isn't helping any. Also, if you don't take me seriously, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me. I would only care about your perspective if I had the ability to shove my own head up my ass like you do.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Sergeant Thorne wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 amFerno and Vision, if you two want to be taken seriously...
Yes, please shut the ★■◆● up. You're using a lot of words to try prop up some moral high ground you don't have. Look how ridiculous you are defending a kid who made unbelievably poor judgment that left a person dead. It's culture war bull crap, and you're describing a fictional reality to make up for the fact that this kid screwed up so bad it breaks your perception of justice and righteousness. Say it. Say someone died because an immature brat brought a lethal weapon to a place he shouldn't have been, and that good intentions aren't enough you also need to be wise. Because that's the absolute truth and no amount of abstracting the situation to "private property" and "gun rights" and "the legal system" will change this reality.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Ad hominem aside, as I understand your allusion, you see these quotes to be an example of backtracking...
Spidey wrote:Scumbags with fully developed adult brains are out there looting, rioting, committing arson, destroying livelihoods and causing a lot of social unrest, but of course a misguided child is the real problem.
Spidey wrote:The only property that was defended with deadly force was his own life.
Care to step out from the protective cover of "my opponents must be terrible and dishonest people" to explain the reasoning there?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

What's really cool is that nothing has changed, so we can look forward to future police abuses, the outrages they produce, and more chances for vigilantes to shoot people.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Sergeant Thorne wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:11 am Ad hominem aside, as I understand your allusion, you see these quotes to be an example of backtracking...
Spidey wrote:Scumbags with fully developed adult brains are out there looting, rioting, committing arson, destroying livelihoods and causing a lot of social unrest, but of course a misguided child is the real problem.
Spidey wrote:The only property that was defended with deadly force was his own life.
Care to step out from the protective cover of "my opponents must be terrible and dishonest people" to explain the reasoning there?
Poor, poor Spidey who always complains about being misunderstood first elevates the destruction of private property over someone being killed. When this is pointed out as being a really shitty take, he conveniently conflates property with personhood to make his garbage viewpoint more palatable. It doesn't work.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I'm not going to complain about being misunderstood, because you do it deliberately.

My point was TC was going on and on about adolescent brains and raging hormones and ★■◆●, all the while the "adults" were out there raising all kinds of hell.

As far as elevating the destruction of property over someone being killed, that was just a machination on your part.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

More of Spidey's excellent communication skills. Make vague two sentence posts then fill in the blanks later. You should be a politician, you're really great at saying nothing.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

And to think...I once liked and respected you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:29 am The only property that was defended with deadly force was his own life.
Unfortunately, you're right and that's what the court gave him, freedom. You get attacked by someone, you have the right to deadly self defense in this country, kid or not. But I reiterate, the kid shouldn't have been there armed in the first place and now 2 people are dead. Different local example below, mostly adults from the sounds of it.

In Portland this weekend, an armed homeowner must have become pissed off and got into an argument with armed BLM protestors who were gathering at a local park. I guess the protestors are ramping up their game now by carrying firearms. An argument ensued and he shot and killed one woman, then several others were wounded in the ensuing gunfire melee, including the homeowner. The person who shot the homeowner may get off on self defense. So who's at fault in this case? The homeowner who apparently got tired of the protestors, or the protestors who fired back in self defense? The reports don't say if the protestors got onto this man's property, or if he was just mad at the protestors.This is now the new culture in this country. Shoot guns to solve problems. It's a sad state of affairs.

https://news.yahoo.com/portland-police- ... 26935.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.