Kitchen experiments

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Kitchen experiments

Post by LightWolf »

Anyone tried just throwing stuff together that worked out well (or didn't)?

I've been working on a thing where you take a box of shells n' cheese, throw in some (home-mixed) taco seasoning and half a cup of cheddar. Not too impressive, but it tastes amazing. I'm wondering if anyone else has pieced together something worth trying.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Kitchen experiments

Post by Tunnelcat »

Here's one. Sauté a clove of garlic and some red onion in either butter or the oil of your choice. Toss in some mushrooms and sauté as well. Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and 1/4 cup of white wine and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add some Italian seasoning to flavor and let the seasoning cook in for a few minutes. Then pour over some already cooked pasta of your choosing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If you want the sauce thicker, add some corn starch or arrowroot into the cold broth before adding it to the hot pan.

My other favorite is to buy some pre-made pizza dough, form and roll it into a round shape on no-stick foil, top with either pizza sauce or garlic oil (your choice) and cover with mozzarella cheese. Top that with either olives, mushrooms, tomatoes or whatever you want and the best part, sprinkle some cooked macaroni pasta on top as well. Put that onto an oven containing a preheated 450 F pizza stone and let cook for one minute. Then slide the pizza off the foil and set it directly on the stone (this makes it easy to put the soft pizza dough on the stone if your dough is rolled very thin. I have trouble sliding raw dough on and off of a peel, so the foil solves that nicely). Cook until nicely browned with well melted cheese. A macaroni and cheese pizza! Yum!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Kitchen experiments

Post by Krom »

Left-over taco meat mixed into spaghetti sauce. You can also get away with putting spaghetti sauce on rice.

You can also put a surprising variety of stuff on a baked potato (leftover taco meat again for example).

Potatoes, rice, or pasta are bases for a lot of stuff for good reason, you can put a whole lot of different things on top of them and have it still work.