Let's keep this glorious quote at the top.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Let's keep this glorious quote at the top.

Post by Ferno »

You have a midterm election coming up and the real bloodbath will be there as the republicans sweep the dems from power. The pendulum is swinging the other way and I hope we don't go to the extreme that they set up another House Un-american activities committee as I remember from the fifties.
If you enjoyed all the crap the left has caused, all I can say is "You ain't seen nothing yet"

Ooooops.

Now let's all sit back and watch the author of this amazing bit of myopia throw a tantrum.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Let's keep this glorious quote at the top.

Post by Darth Wang »

The results are all in already?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Not completely. The final results will show a Republican ripple, not a red tsunami the way things are going. One thing's for sure, nearly every Trump endorsed candidate who puppeted his election denying BS got shafted. Hear that woody? People are seeing Trump for the toxic waste dump he is, even Republicans. Brian Kemp, the just re-elected flip-the-bird-at-Trump Republican governor of Georgia, is proof.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

And I'm just going to sit back and enjoy Woody's MAGA chud tears.

Now, what was they said all those times?

Oh yeah.

You lost. Deal with it. ★■◆● your feelings. Your tears will be delicious.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

House and Senate can still go Republican.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The House almost certainly will, but it won't do so by nearly as much as was being potentially forecast even a couple of weeks ago, and Democratic candidates managed to outperform the average in many of the "coin-toss" races. There's still a small chance with the Senate too, but the fact that (for example) Fetterman managed to pull off a definitive win shows that the much-ballyhooed "red wave" was more of a small splash.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

(This is how bad it is) Dr. Oz conceding defeat is actual progress. It shouldn’t be progress, it should be what normal adults do, but it’s progress. I thought every single candidate who lost was going to muddy the waters with doubt.

I’m very pleased for our society that someone can take a loss like an adult and hopefully try to work to improve our country.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

A Republican House with only a couple member advantage will be an absolute ★■◆● show. Like the Democratic Senate begging Manchin for permission to do anything, a Republican House would be looking with bated breath at the Marjorie Taylor Greene's like they're Commodus in Gladiator giving a thumbs up/down.

Gerrymandering is still proving to be a pivotal issue. Most of the numbers Republicans are likely to pick up are a direct result of the unequal redistricting that just took place. Wisconsin is absolutely wild. Basically a 50/50 swing state, but the GOP controls 6 of the 8 House seats, and narrowly missed a veto proof super-majority in the state legislature. 50% of the votes, 65% of the power. That isn't democratic self determination.

If Republicans do end up taking the House and/or Senate, Democrats better kill the debt ceiling in the lame duck or we're all fucked next year. Probably depends on Manchin, too, because he's looking like he wants to get in on the debt ceiling hostage action.

I'm certainly glad it looks like insurrectionists won't be controlling elections in key places, because they're playing with fire.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Pelosi's last ★■◆● you towards the Republicans before she retires. Also, there's no guarantee Kevin McCarthy will become leader of the House since he's a big Trump butt kisser and Trump is beginning to molder. They may pick someone else without the taint of insurrection poison.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Tunnelcat wrote:They may pick someone else without the taint of insurrection poison.
lol who? 75% of those freaks voted against certifying the election AFTER they ran for their lives on 1/6. The few that held firm that the big lie and 1/6 were actually bad things were shown the door, and the rest were beat into submission, including McCarthy.

I'm hoping that the moment I've been waiting for is at hand. I've always wanted to see *how* the well coordinated right wing media sphere would turn away from Trump. Can they thread the needle and pivot to DeSantis without Trump blowing everything up with dynamite? Does anyone see Trump rolling over and showing his belly?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Vander wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:22 amA Republican House with only a couple member advantage will be an absolute ★■◆● show.
This is what I was explaining to my friend who was surprised I wasn't happy about the election results. It doesn't matter if they get 218 House seats or 318. That one seat is enough to ruin everything. Complete, uncompromising obstruction for two years. Getting a single seat majority in the House is the same as a red wave because Republicans are such an incredible toxin to democracy that the tiniest bit will kill it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'd have more hope if they'd ever learn from their drubbings, but yeah, they're going to double down and impede whatever Biden needs to get done to tame inflation (which is already beginning to subside), start a bunch of revenge sham investigations to make their bitter base happy and dump any and all protection for Ukraine because of cost. Then when 2024 comes along, they'll stick with their perverted playbook and continue to blame the Dems for everything THEY did and hope the voters are stupid enough to fall for it and vote in yet another divisive jackass for president.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

vision wrote:Getting a single seat majority in the House is the same as a red wave because Republicans are such an incredible toxin to democracy that the tiniest bit will kill it.
If there's one thing I've learned over the past few years, it's that it can always get worse. The smaller the majority, the more extreme it will have to be to placate to the lunatics you can't lose. And some of those lunatics are 'burn it all down' types. The larger the majority, the more batsh!t you can ignore. I don't see any of these assholes pulling a Jim Jeffords.

Anyways, I can't wait to see some Hunter Biden dick pics.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

That's what they've always wanted, but they're not always so blatant about it.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

You all need a strong daddy (me) to come and spank you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ah, they're getting pretty blatant about it.

https://republicansexposed.org/republic ... tatorship/
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Krom wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:53 amwild screenshot from twitter
I hate to make judgments based on a third party posting something a second party said about the first. Who is this guy and why should I care. Do people actually listen to him?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

https://www.adl.org/blog/nicholas-j-fue ... gs-to-know

GOP Rep Paul Gosar was blasted for promoting a Fuentes film, so some members of the GOP are openly supporting his ideals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA12sLzZ

However, extremists are a paranoid lot, so now they're going after each other in order to purge suspected FBI informants. :lol:

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-informant-pa ... 46613.html
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

vision wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:16 pm I hate to make judgments based on a third party posting something a second party said about the first. Who is this guy and why should I care. Do people actually listen to him?
I doubt there are that many people, but anyone listening to that kind of bull★■◆● is too many.

It is however worth pointing out that there are people on the right openly expressing that kind of opinion in a public forum, if we just ignore it then that could give them and the people seeing it the impression that it is acceptable or not worth it for us to confront it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Problem is, where Trump failed is he couldn't quite get the GOP religious base fully on his side, because he is a sinfull womanizing jackass after all. Now with DeSantis talking about running in 2023, the crazy zealot base will grow to dangerous proportions and follow him. We're still in trouble as a democracy and a free nation, especially to minorities and Jews.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, Nevada just gave the Senate to the Dems. The Repubs will in all likelihood get the House. It'll be 2 years of pettiness and BS.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

The other Bill Gates constantly talking to the press explaining Maricopa county’s process is going to payoff. These elected officials are supposed to be making the country competitive in the world’s economy not doing performance art for people who barely passed high school and their conspiracies.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Haha, ★■◆● you Mitch McConnell, no senate majority leader position for you. A minimum of two more years without you being able to poison the courts.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I think it’s crazy that Republicans are looking to replace McConnell as leader, as if he’s their problem. I mean, he’s been the most successful/consequential majority leader in generations and has reshaped the courts to provide enduring Republican power impervious to elections. If they want to throw the bum out, great!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Has it dawned on you they may want someone even more extreme than McConnell to run their circus of morons?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Sure, but I doubt they'd be as effective at forcing through an agenda. McConnell set a very high bar.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Now that the dust has settled, what some of you are missing is the house committee chairs are now all in the hand of that slim repub. majority. And that means they set the agenda. So what Ferno calls old news, the Hunter laptop will come front and center and be very much new news...to the point you're going to wonder why he and his father weren't indicted tears ago. It'll all be interesting to see what gets investigated and what falls by the wayside.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If investigations are the best the Republicans have to offer...I will continue to not regret leaving the party.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

GOP is a workers party now.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, right. Hunter Biden is a sleazebag and already being investigated by the FBI and yeah, I'm sure daddy is interfering with said investigation on behalf of family. Trump was actually president and abused his power during and after being president, enriched HIS family generously while in office, sicced the IRS on his enemies and fomented a violent insurrection all because his fragile perverted ego couldn't take losing. So all those investigations have merit for national security reasons and the future of how much power we should give a president. Hunter Biden is a side joke of a drunken, drug addicted, oversexed idiot who has no power and only the slimmest margin of prestige, if any at all, because his daddy is currently pres. So McCarthy and the Repubs want to get their 2 pounds of flesh from a rotten, moldy carcass and call it a win. How mundane and utterly pointless.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:45 am Now that the dust has settled, what some of you are missing is the house committee chairs are now all in the hand of that slim repub. majority. And that means they set the agenda. So what Ferno calls old news, the Hunter laptop will come front and center and be very much new news...to the point you're going to wonder why he and his father weren't indicted tears ago. It'll all be interesting to see what gets investigated and what falls by the wayside.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip, did that one guy ever get to the bottom of the Russia Hoax and finally expose the deep state?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:34 pm woodchip, did that one guy ever get to the bottom of the Russia Hoax and finally expose the deep state?
which hoax, the Hillary/Trump election hoax, the hunter laptop dissemination hoax or something else. You'll have to be more specific.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:40 pm Yeah, right. Hunter Biden is a sleazebag and already being investigated by the FBI and yeah, I'm sure daddy is interfering with said investigation on behalf of family. Trump was actually president and abused his power during and after being president, enriched HIS family generously while in office, sicced the IRS on his enemies and fomented a violent insurrection all because his fragile perverted ego couldn't take losing. So all those investigations have merit for national security reasons and the future of how much power we should give a president. Hunter Biden is a side joke of a drunken, drug addicted, oversexed idiot who has no power and only the slimmest margin of prestige, if any at all, because his daddy is currently pres. So McCarthy and the Repubs want to get their 2 pounds of flesh from a rotten, moldy carcass and call it a win. How mundane and utterly pointless.
And daddy is not the "Big Guy" receiving his 10% cut from jr's payments from the Chi-coms or from the Ukrains? While sonny boy may not seem important to you, it does appear he is the side-out means to gain influence over the President. You are not curious to see if the guy you voted for is being bought by foreign govts. through his son?
How did Trump enrich his family. He do something specific to enrich them?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Uh huh. You know, you could easily Google this one yourself, but you refuse to believe Trump is a crook, a grifter and a con artist, so you turn a blind eye and call it all leftie propaganda. I don't know why I bother to try and pop your Trump bubble, but here's a sample, at least $1.7 BILLION worth of U.S. taxpayer dollars.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/2 ... ncy-100496

And don't forget all those classified docs he took home with him. He didn't take those on a whim either. Like a mobster, he wanted some information leverage against who knows who on his YUGE enemies list. By the way, I voted AGAINST Trump and your nutbag conspiracy-loving crazy Republican Party when I voted FOR Biden. Biden may have dementia, but he's not a wack job. You say you want proof of my wack job statement? Well, here ya go. I'm willing to bet you'd pay for one of his $99 NFT's too. And to grace it all, he appropriated clothing photos from small business to dress himself, badly, on his little cards. Even Steve Bannon gagged. :lol:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-badly-phot ... 00580.html

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, you really have to stop fixating on trump...he just ain't relevant anymore. Like I said when the Rep. take over we'll get to see a lot more.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Democrats bucked the typical midterm drubbing trend this year and did better than expected. What does that tell you about the Republicans and their platform? Nothing but poison? :roll:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2022/11/1 ... -midterms/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:43 pm Democrats bucked the typical midterm drubbing trend this year and did better than expected. What does that tell you about the Republicans and their platform? Nothing but poison? :roll:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2022/11/1 ... -midterms/
Tells me Dems are better at stuffing ballots :P . Seriously Rep did well enough to control the house, thus control the committees, thus investigate to their little hearts content. Like I said, ought to be real interesting at least for the next 2 years.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

No. Repubs put forth a slew of autocrat loving, conspiracy theory, election denying, Trump butt kissing, wacko candidates not worthy of holding office and most Americans decided that protecting democracy and electing sane intelligent people to elected office was far more important. They did this despite the fact that a high percentage of voters were/are dissatisfied with those winning candidate's job performance. Nearly EVERY Trump endorsed nutball candidate LOST. In other words, independent voters like me told the Repubs to go take a hike because nearly candidate they served up was batshit crazy. So your comment about ballot box stuffing tells me you're solidly in the election denying camp. Get real, because beliefs like that will get your party nowhere. :roll:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ve/672050/