Coal

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Coal

Post by woodchip »

So after years of plying renewable energy to the world, planting solar cells and wind generators by the mega-acre, how are we doing. Can we say a big bust? 2022 coal usage is up world wide:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/16/world/co ... index.html

I just wonder how many people like me are stoking up their wood-burners to help keep the cost of heating their homes down. And a secondary result, how many trees are getting cut down for fire wood thus reducing the carbon sinks. The leftanistas in their supreme ignorance of human nature just don't get what people will do to keep costs down.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Coal

Post by Vander »

You're really owning the libs here wood. Keep it up.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Keep sucking on your chimney woody. It'll keep the smoke from choking the rest of us.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I've got my wood burner pumping out noxious fumes even more so with that cold weather bearing down on us.
My red neck cohorts are doing likewise. Enjoy AOC's green new deal.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Yes, AOC's Green New Deal that famously passed and is now currently governing all of our energy policy.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Vander wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:10 pm Yes, AOC's Green New Deal that famously passed and is now currently governing all of our energy policy.
I wish.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Except the Deal doesn't cover the likes of John Kerry hob nobbing around the world in his private jet. Wonder how much pollution he and his rich liberal buddies generate by doing so?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:07 pm I've got my wood burner pumping out noxious fumes even more so with that cold weather bearing down on us.
My red neck cohorts are doing likewise. Enjoy AOC's green new deal.
Maybe try joining the 21st century and ditching your primitive bull★■◆●?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Primitive but effective.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Once all the trees are burned up, then you'll get to burn your furniture just to stay warm. Then it'll down to the wood your house is built out of until finally, you're standing out in the open by your dead cold stove freezing your ass off.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

My house is brick, so I guess I'll freeze.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Freeze in the winter or roast in the summer. Take your pick from either scenario.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'll be in VA old folks home long before then. And I still have a LNG boiler for backup so keep dreaming TC.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Bein' funny woody. But personally, if i can no longer take care of myself or fix things around the house, I'd rather die than be put into an old folks home. To each his own.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I can commiserate TC. Built my house going on 43 year ago. So far every repair and improvement I've done myself. Be hard to leave but I'm a survivor.