Church style Committee

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Church style Committee

Post by woodchip »

As I predicted the new congress will be holding Church style committee hearings to look at various govt. agencies. About time. I suspect this is one of the reasons We are even hearing about Lets Go Brandon holding classified documents.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Church style Committee

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, and you're going to find that most of the agencies and Congress people who went after Trump had valid reasons to do so. But since the Republicans of late like conspiracy theories as truth, if what they find doesn't fit their crazy models, they'll make stuff up and publish it as the "truth". You know, like Trump on his social platform, or Kevin McCarthy standing behind that thoroughly vile newly elected NY House member who lied through his teeth just to get elected and thought no one would check, or Marjorie Taylor Green who is just plain bat ★■◆● crazy. THESE are the types of Republicans who will be influencing your little "Church-style" investigations. Oh, and I haven't forgotten that on the Dem side, AOC is just a crazy BTW.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylo ... ar-1769407
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What is this dotard babbling about now?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I think he’s excited because the circus is in town.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:24 pm Yeah, and you're going to find that most of the agencies and Congress people who went after Trump had valid reasons to do so. But since the Republicans of late like conspiracy theories as truth, if what they find doesn't fit their crazy models, they'll make stuff up and publish it as the "truth". You know, like Trump on his social platform, or Kevin McCarthy standing behind that thoroughly vile newly elected NY House member who lied through his teeth just to get elected and thought no one would check, or Marjorie Taylor Green who is just plain bat ★■◆● crazy. THESE are the types of Republicans who will be influencing your little "Church-style" investigations. Oh, and I haven't forgotten that on the Dem side, AOC is just a crazy BTW.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylo ... ar-1769407
Valid reasons like the Russian collusion fallacy ? Same as in made up to fit the liberal agenda and published by the leftist press as truth? Or like the FBI influenced twitter to hide the hunter laptop prior to the 2020 elections? And speak about batshit crazy, how about Maxine Waters. TC you really have to diversify your news sources.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, forgot about Waters. I can't stand to listen to her. But you need to quit listening to Waters World on Fox. He's got a serious case of Trump love, along with Carlson.

However, I wasn't talking about the Russia investigation or Twitter bots. I'm talking about how Trump is pretty much a KGB cultivated assest, even if he's too stupid to realize it and no one can prove it. But it SMELLS to high heaven. It's too bad that no hard connection could be made between Trump and Russian hackers concerning the 2016 election, but there's plenty of other avenues of interference besides Twitter. The internet is a deep dark place of twisted shenanigans that unfriendly state sponsors can use to their advantage.

There's also still that weird little despot bromance going on with Trump/Putin and all of Trump's attempted and failed business dealings in Russia. Trump's own greedy narcissitc personality makes him susceptible to friendly coercion by people he thinks like him, even if they're an enemy of the state. Make no mistake, Russia believed that Trump was the most friendly candidate to the Russian way of life and wanted him as U.S. president. Proving that is murky, but even a whisper of it is enough to make Trump a national security risk, period. Since some of those classified doc folders at Mar a Lago were empty, who knows who now has possession and probably for money. Backdoor state spy crap takes a long time to see the light of day unfortunately. One of these days, after Putin is long gone, the dirt will come to light.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-cultivati ... 05054.html

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-operative-pa ... 20477.html

https://news.yahoo.com/filmmaker-docume ... 59628.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:08 pm Yeah, forgot about Waters. I can't stand to listen to her. But you need to quit listening to Waters World on Fox. He's got a serious case of Trump love, along with Carlson.

However, I wasn't talking about the Russia investigation or Twitter bots. I'm talking about how Trump is pretty much a KGB cultivated assest, even if he's too stupid to realize it and no one can prove it. But it SMELLS to high heaven. It's too bad that no hard connection could be made between Trump and Russian hackers concerning the 2016 election, but there's plenty of other avenues of interference besides Twitter. The internet is a deep dark place of twisted shenanigans that unfriendly state sponsors can use to their advantage.

There's also still that weird little despot bromance going on with Trump/Putin and all of Trump's attempted and failed business dealings in Russia. Trump's own greedy narcissitc personality makes him susceptible to friendly coercion by people he thinks like him, even if they're an enemy of the state. Make no mistake, Russia believed that Trump was the most friendly candidate to the Russian way of life and wanted him as U.S. president. Proving that is murky, but even a whisper of it is enough to make Trump a national security risk, period. Since some of those classified doc folders at Mar a Lago were empty, who knows who now has possession and probably for money. Backdoor state spy crap takes a long time to see the light of day unfortunately. One of these days, after Putin is long gone, the dirt will come to light.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-cultivati ... 05054.html

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-operative-pa ... 20477.html

https://news.yahoo.com/filmmaker-docume ... 59628.html
First what makes you bring up Waters on fox news? My point is the Dems have as many nut jobs as the Reps do. Only difference is now the Reps control the House.
So you'll believe any unsubstantiated story that you hear and yet disdain any thing brought up by conservatives. Tell me, when you were working as a geologist (per your profile) Did you believe things like CA was going to fall into the ocean?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, make no mistake, parts of California will end up as an island far off the West Coast, in a few million years at the current rate of fault movement give or take. Not my problem and humanity will probably be long extinct by then at the rate we're going.

So you like that Kevin McCarthy runs the House now, but just barely. And that's why he's not calling for that newly elected lying sleazebag of NY House member to resign. He needs Republican bodies to do his bidding and keep his seat and he can't afford to lose just ONE. What character. :roll: He's the man who said to a some fellow Republicans on Jan. 6th that he thinks Trump should resign after Capital invasion and was going to call him and tell him to do so. Then chickened out and immediately denied it once he felt his widdle ass was safe from the rampaging Capital mob and pivoted to charge on down to Mar a Lago and and kiss Lord Trump's ring to play makeup. He has no principles other than to keep his power and kiss Trump's ass. On top of that, now he has to step around a few crazy extreme right wing House members like they're land mines.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/26/politics ... index.html

There were also a few inconvenient concessions he made just to get elected to Speaker again too. This one, the release of ALL video taken during the Capital insurrection, may spectacularly backfire on Republicans in Congress, because it will show their unflattering actions/reactions/cowardice on that particular day in January. Chickenshits. I hope you enjoy his tenure. It's going to be entertaining to watch as he either ties himself up into a pretzel trying to please those few crazy right wing members just so one of them doesn't vote to remove him as speaker, or do something to piss off Lord Trump, or allows fabricated "evidence" to be brought forth in one of his circus committee trials. Sure, Dem dirt will come out, but there's a LOT more Repub dirt to hide and fake dirt that will be scrutinized by the media. Of course, he'll preside over a government shutdown too over the debt, pissing off all those seniors who need their Social Security payments.

https://www.newsweek.com/kevin-mccarthy ... tz-1773569
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Vander wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 pm I think he’s excited because the circus is in town.
And here I offered to buy him a clown costume so he could run away with the circus.