Baldwin

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Baldwin

Post by woodchip »

So the left is moaning that Alec Baldwin is being treated unfairly. He should get the Max prison time as he handled a firearm with obviously no knowledge on the safe use of guns. While he is stating the pistol went off accidentally, he still was the person holding it, he was still the person who pointed it at the victim, he was still the person who should of checked to make sure no live rounds were loaded. Now to wait and hear from this crowd as to what excuses they will present.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Baldwin

Post by Tunnelcat »

Makes one wonder how they handle firearms on a movie set like those "John Wick" movies. Very professionally I'm guessing. On the set of "Rust", the actors and crew were using the same guns to target shoot with live ammo and even the ammo was all mixed up. The armorer wasn't even trying to do her job and Baldwin lied to ABC News when he said he didn't pull the trigger. What a bunch of idiots. The trial for Baldwin will be interesting.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

My understanding is that there are supposed to be rules in place during filming involving firearms to ensure everyone's safety, such that when an actor is handed a gun, it is supposed to be safe to use. There were apparently all sorts of issues with this movie production, including questions about the armorer's experience, complaints about safety, working conditions, crew members using some of the prop weapons with live ammunition to target shoot at beer cans, and more. As a producer of the film, Baldwin certainly should have some responsibility in these matters. I would suggest reading the Wikipedia article about it if you are curious, although not all of this stuff is confirmed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_shooting_incident

I don't really see how this is a left/right or political thing, but whatever. Let the justice system do its job.
si vis pacem, para bellum
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Flatlander wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:39 amI don't really see how this is a left/right or political thing, but whatever. Let the justice system do its job.
To him, everything is.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pmSo the left is moaning that Alec Baldwin is being treated unfairly.
No one cares.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:42 am
woodchip wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pmSo the left is moaning that Alec Baldwin is being treated unfairly.
No one cares.
Exactly right, no one cares what the left thinks...until they suggest some asinine law that they think will protect us. Only one person will protect you and that's yourself ,
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Flatlander wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:39 am My understanding is that there are supposed to be rules in place during filming involving firearms to ensure everyone's safety, such that when an actor is handed a gun, it is supposed to be safe to use. There were apparently all sorts of issues with this movie production, including questions about the armorer's experience, complaints about safety, working conditions, crew members using some of the prop weapons with live ammunition to target shoot at beer cans, and more. As a producer of the film, Baldwin certainly should have some responsibility in these matters. I would suggest reading the Wikipedia article about it if you are curious, although not all of this stuff is confirmed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_shooting_incident

I don't really see how this is a left/right or political thing, but whatever. Let the justice system do its job.
In his arrogant beliefs, Baldwin didn't think they applied to himself. Hopefully justice will lock this dink away for a long time.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The only reason you are condemning Baldwin is because he's a Trump-hating liberal, period. Like all the GOP right now, it's blame the libs for everything that goes wrong like the hateful thugs you guys are, but don't take personal responsibility yourselves when your side screws up. Give me a break. The hypocrisy stinks to high heaven. Sure, if I'd been Baldwin, I would've made sure there were blanks in the gun and would have never pulled the trigger while it was pointed at a person. Any gun should always be handled as if it's hot and loaded. The entire set was sloppy when handling the prop guns. They played around with them at target practice during breaks, so everyone needs to take some responsibility for what happened. The biggest blame should fall on the armorer, who instead dicked around and didn't do her job. Baldwin shouldn't have ever pulled the trigger and was being cocky and stupid with the weapon judging from outtakes of the film, so he DOES share in part of the blame. BUT, it's not ALL his fault. However, YOU choose to skewer the politically active, Trump hating liberal actor and not one peep about the idiot armorer. Take that partisan hate and shove it. I'm willing to bet if actor John Wayne had accidentally shot someone with a live round, you would've NEVER placed blame on your hero. By the way, even a blank round can kill if the gun barrel is close enough to a person's body when discharged and there have been 2 gun related deaths on movie sets in recent history.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/22/10482959 ... e-set-rare

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news ... -shooting/

There have also been deaths attributed to other factors and not guns. Making movies can be hazardous if you want reality. In fact, I remember the 1960's movie "Flight of the Phoenix". An experienced and veteran stunt pilot, Paul Mantz, crashed and lost his life all because he wanted to give another shot for the cameras.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 pm The only reason you are condemning Baldwin is because he's a Trump-hating liberal, period.
TC, you really need some help if you think this. Maybe you could get some Soros money to promote this.
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 pm Like all the GOP right now, it's blame the libs for everything that goes wrong like the hateful thugs you guys are,
No, Ferno is a hateful thug...just read his self description
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 pm but don't take personal responsibility yourselves when your side screws up. Give me a break. The hypocrisy stinks to high heaven. Sure, if I'd been Baldwin, I would've made sure there were blanks in the gun and would have never pulled the trigger while it was pointed at a person. Any gun should always be handled as if it's hot and loaded. The entire set was sloppy when handling the prop guns. They played around with them at target practice during breaks, so everyone needs to take some responsibility for what happened. The biggest blame should fall on the armorer, who instead dicked around and didn't do her job. Baldwin shouldn't have ever pulled the trigger and was being cocky and stupid with the weapon judging from outtakes of the film, so he DOES share in part of the blame. BUT, it's not ALL his fault.
As the man holding the firearm, it indeed is entirely his fault. Maybe if he joined the much aligned NRA, he would of known how to handle a firearm safely. Baldwin was in charge and was trying to make the movie on the cheap.
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 pm However, YOU choose to skewer the politically active, Trump hating liberal actor and not one peep about the idiot armorer. Take that partisan hate and shove it. I'm willing to bet if actor John Wayne had accidentally shot someone with a live round, you would've NEVER placed blame on your hero. By the way, even a blank round can kill if the gun barrel is close enough to a person's body when discharged and there have been 2 gun related deaths on movie sets in recent history.
It seems to me the only really partisan mouth fountain is you TC. John Wayne knew how to handle firearms as did the set crew so stop fantasizing

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

It's about time Alec Baldwin has been brought to justice for his participation in the 2001 Michael Bay movie Pearl Harbor. I hope his co-conspirators are soon also apprehended.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, there were 6 producers for the movie Rust, not just Baldwin. Why not indict them all for negligence? I'm guessing you have some extra subliminal hate for the one producer, Baldwin, since you only mention him and not the person that was fully responsible for the weapons on the set, the armorer. Baldwin constantly lampooned Trump on Saturday Nght Live after all, which royally pissed off Trump and rubbed every Trumptard's fur the wrong way. Baldwin was good at it too. Poor baby Trump. Can't take a little ribbing. It's now in the hands of the courts anyway. We'll eventually see who gets the blame.

As for John Wayne, I challenge you to go find any movie he was in and check to see if he ever indexed his finger when holding any unholstered gun not in a shooting stance. Of course, whenever he drew a gun, he shot someone. He definitely spun his revolver on his trigger finger in haphazard ways. In fact, if you observe in most old movies and even old TV shows, no one had the presence of mind to be safe and index their trigger finger when holding a gun. Most of the time, actors walked around with their fingers on the trigger and pointing it towards others on the set. In fact, it seemed be a reoccurring joke to shoot the foot putting the gun back in its holster, because their finger was on the trigger. So much for the NRA. :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Do you have any idea how movie scene's are made? I don't believe you that they walked around with their fingers on the trigger. Trying to conflate Baldwin into Wayne? As for the other part of your post I think you are way too deep in the weeds And why bring Trump up? who cares what Baldwin thought...and Trump wasn't there.

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

"scene's"

hahahahaha. just like your "boarders". Funny and lazy at the same time.

As for how movie scenes are made, I know how they're made. But even if I did tell you, you would ignore it. So, you can suck my ass on that one.

Baldwin is the last in the chain. Producers, associate producers, directors, armorers, technical advisors and stuntmen all are involved in making sure a prop gun is a prop gun. Baldwin was under the assumption that they all did their job and so he did his job. Someone fucked up and it wasn't Baldwin.

You're just looking for an axe to grind against someone you don't like. Stupid.

"Ferno is a hateful thug" I love everyone. But not you. I hate you.......you'll see me staring at you on the other side. Shouting at you. Protecting good people from you.

[MOD here. Ferno, you can hate anyone you want, just don't do personal attacks here.]
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm still waiting on your proof that Wayne knew how to SAFELY handle a gun and Baldwin didn't. I'm guessing he was as cavalier as were most actors of the time. For example (Don Knotts was a decorated veteran of WWII, knew who to handle a gun and all these gun discharges were considered funny jokes back then):

The ONLY reason I brought up Trump is because Baldwin impersonated Trump on SNL, in a very unflattering way. I'm guessing that YOU and most Trump lovers really don't like having your "Great Leader" made fun of and thus hate that liberal Baldwin for doing it. He's a conservative whipping boy right now and this accident is red meat to the lion nutbags.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:28 pm I'm still waiting on your proof that Wayne knew how to SAFELY handle a gun and Baldwin didn't. I'm guessing he was as cavalier as were most actors of the time. For example (Don Knotts was a decorated veteran of WWII, knew who to handle a gun and all these gun discharges were considered funny jokes back then):

My proof is Wayne never killed anyone. You have no proof either. As to your vid, the discharges were planned and not accidental. Hope you understand that
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:28 pm The ONLY reason I brought up Trump is because Baldwin impersonated Trump on SNL, in a very unflattering way. I'm guessing that YOU and most Trump lovers really don't like having your "Great Leader" made fun of and thus hate that liberal Baldwin for doing it. He's a conservative whipping boy right now and this accident is red meat to the lion nutbags.
Actually TC, I don't watch SNL so go clutch at another straw. Don't really give a rats rear end if people make fun of Trump. What I do care about is that sorry excuse who is in office now and is hell bent on making America a third world country. So keep trying TC, keep your idiots in power and don't give a crap about the country you live in.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:What I do care about is that sorry excuse who is in office now and is hell bent on making America a third world country.
There's only one world.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 am
There's only one world.
Depends on what part of the world you live in.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Sounds like a good enough justification to treat people like ★■◆● to me.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 am
My proof is Wayne never killed anyone. You have no proof either. As to your vid, the discharges were planned and not accidental. Hope you understand that.
Oh, I guessed you missed the part where he accidentally shot a friend in the ass with a shotgun during a hunting trip. You know, like Dick Cheney shooting a friend in the face on a hunting trip? Sure, he didn't kill anyone and it wasn't on a movie set, but that must've hurt and it could've ended differently. :wink:

https://outsider.com/entertainment/john ... e-hunting/

You're also glossing over the fact that Wayne was an alcoholic who was only capable of shooting his scenes before noon. After that, he was already 3 sheets from the wind and mean as hell. He started the day hung over and needed a drink just to get going, literally. There were a lot of drunk stars back then, Dean Martin comes to mind, so he's not a one off case. But he wasn't a saint either when drunk, he was mean and no one could work with him. He even turned down the "Dirty Harry" role because he thought it was too violent and profane. Yeah, like the Wild West wasn't violent and profane in real life. Pussy. I'll re-watch Clint Eastwood movies without reservation, despite his Obama empty chair skit. But I wouldn't watch a sugar-coated sappy wild west revisionist John Wayne western or war movie if you paid me.

https://tvovermind.com/reason-john-wayn ... shot-noon/
woodchip wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:28 pm The ONLY reason I brought up Trump is because Baldwin impersonated Trump on SNL, in a very unflattering way. I'm guessing that YOU and most Trump lovers really don't like having your "Great Leader" made fun of and thus hate that liberal Baldwin for doing it. He's a conservative whipping boy right now and this accident is red meat to the lion nutbags.
Actually TC, I don't watch SNL so go clutch at another straw. Don't really give a rats rear end if people make fun of Trump. What I do care about is that sorry excuse who is in office now and is hell bent on making America a third world country. So keep trying TC, keep your idiots in power and don't give a crap about the country you live in.
Actually I KNOW conservatives don't watch SNL and frankly I don't either. But Trump DID or else watched outtakes and was royally pissed off at being made fun of. He can't take a personal insult if it kissed him in the ass and said "I'm sorry". He's got a thin skin and vile mouth and it's rubbed off on your entire nutbag reprehensible party, because all his supporters picked up on that habit, including YOU. In fact, that's all Trump did during his rallies, call people he thought were too "liberal" vile and sick names. Make no mistake, Alec Baldwin is a jackass. He's made homophobic statements in the past and MSNBC promptly kicked him off their network, so he's no friend of the left. I don't even like him. He even called his own 11 year old daughter a "filthy fat pig". So he's a mean prick that deserves no friends. However, you don't see liberals cheering on his misfortune and blaming him fully for the accidental shooting, ONLY conservatives. You guys seem to revel in calling anyone names for any reason even if they smell leftie, including moderates. You call liberals "stupid". Well, the current Republican Party is full of hateful, vile, brainless conspiracy-loving dipshits who don't have a mind of their own, fall all over themselves worshiping a vile egomaniac like he's a God and who've taken up his BIG FAT HATEFUL DIRTY MOUTH habit like it's a badge of honor. I guess that man was tailor made for your current party. I wouldn't be proud of that fact either despite the fact Trump's shine is starting wearing off. Of course, your party is now gravitating towards a FasioChristian culture warrior like DeSantis, so there's no hope for waking up and finding redemption there.

However, do you do realize that attacking Baldwin's accidental shooting is counterproductive to your party's stance on gun rights?

"Responsible gun owners don’t delight in accidental shootings; we lament them."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... n-s-e-cupp
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I enjoy how woody keeps holding up Marion Robert Morrison, noted alcoholic and *checks notes* disgusting supporter of McCarthyism, as a paragon of virtue.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

[MOD here. Ferno, you can hate anyone you want, just don't do personal attacks here.]
Do you really think he would listen otherwise? You know him as well as I do, TC. Anything else he ignores. He hides behind the rules, and we can't let him do that. I'm not going to stop. Don't punish me for doing what needs to be done. I did what works, and it got under his skin. And you need to drop the hammer on him.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, I can get under his skin without calling him names. You just need to keep popping his balloons over and over while never calling him one name. Hell, I got called out for calling him a name when Foil was mod. I can sure as hell call his "heroes" names though. :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:17 pm Oh, I can get under his skin without calling him names. You just need to keep popping his balloons over and over while never calling him one name. Hell, I got called out for calling him a name when Foil was mod. I can sure as hell call his "heroes" names though. :P
You should try it sometime. He'll grow a hateboner for you that's so large, he'll start obsessing over you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I believe he already has a hateboner for me. I hate Trump, I hate his party and he's been sniffing around my profile looking for something to weaponize against me I guess. The only thing we have in common is that we're both gun owners and old farts. Whooptidoo. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Don't be silly thinking he hates you because of something you said about him or his latest favorite false idol. Like most conservatives he loves his country but hates pretty much anyone who breathes in it and is too stupid to recognize that it conflicts.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Not quite Krom.

He loves his own fantasy of the country, while actually hating what it's becoming.

The really funny part is, he now hates the military. Remember, back in the day, who else hated the military? :lol:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It has always been a fantasy, I wonder what he even thinks the country is. Probably "Freedom! Guns! Yelling racial slurs!" or some bull★■◆● like that.

And he will switch back to loving the military the millisecond a Republican gets into the White House even if absolutely nothing else changes.

Lets face it, he is antisocial, like the bulk of the republican base. Why are the red states and counties always the sparsely populated or rural ones? Because the people who live in them are antisocial and hate other people so they live in places where there are few of them, and the republican party encourages those antisocial thoughts and behaviors because their complete and utter lack of leadership ability means they can't do anything else. Just look at the newly elected House of Representatives, McCarthy will probably go down as the weakest speaker in history, there is no leadership, the whole caucus is a bunch of antisocial bully wannabes cowering in terror of the few outright psychopaths.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, they're only antisocial towards everyone who's NOT of this group, which includes being a red blooded hetero, multiple gun owning, church going, Bible thumping, flag waving, conspiracy loving, science hating, white European, racist, patriotic, despot worshiping "normie". Did I miss anything? :P

And Sarah Huckabee Sanders, in her little snide Republican rebuttal to the SOTU, calls everyone who falls into those above traits as "normal", while anyone who espouses ANYTHING left of center as "crazy". Better look into the mirror ★■◆●. You'd crack it with your sneer and hateboner alone.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Maybe they're just trying to get away from people like you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know nothing about me other than what I've told people here. Maybe I'm trying to get away from "them" out of self preservation in order to keep my hard won freedoms and not get murdered as a degenerate in some purge or Civil war. Yes, I'm angry and don't you think I have a right to be? You said it yourself, you're an Independent Conservative, not a Republican. I'm not even a Progressive Democrat. I'm a moderate. But the New Right even considers THAT position commie. Aren't YOU trying to get away from "them"? Because remember, "them" now are a bunch of nutty people, mostly "Republicans", who's only principles are to worship a criminal mobster who looks strong, but in reality out only looks out for numero uno, claim crazy conspiracy theories are solid facts and then act on them, even threatening or attempting to kill elected officials out of a twisted belief in those theories (then joke about it like it's funny), want to choose what books are available in our nation's school libraries like some controlling Nazi government ministry, want to see one religion take over and put in charge of creating the laws of the land to put down the perverts and the "woke" people, literally HATE anyone who holds beliefs to the left of theirs and would rather kill any and all immigrants who cross the southern border illegally rather than even try to work with the hated Dem party to fix the broken system. Please tell me if all that nonsense fits founding principles of our free democratic nation and why that situation should not make me entitled to be royally pissed off?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side.

Look what your "anger" has done to your personal relationships, I'm referring to your sister.

"Books the Nazis don't want you to read" you mean like Tom Sawyer and Harry Potter?

Sure, you have every right to be angry...knock yourself out.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

FYI, my family sucks. Oh, I grew up in a privileged, well-to-do life, but it was an emotional torture chamber. My sister was a little ★■◆● when I was a kid, even at a young age and tormented me for the sheer hell of it. There's no love lost there and I've always hated her for it and it's now a grudge. She was a mental torturer towards me, while I tended to get physical. I beat her up a couple of times I got so tired of it. We fought constantly. All through school, it was hell because I was different from my peers and kids can be cruel and will bully someone relentlessly if they're perceived as different. I had a target on my back and I was a miserable loner. To add to my family issues, my younger half brother recently worked on my mentally declining step father (the child from his second marriage to my mother) AFTER my mother passed away, convincing him to ignore our mother's dying (cancer) wishes as to how the estate should be distributed amongst the HER 3 kids. He got himself a big chunk of the estate all for his widdle self once daddy dies, screwing over us girls. The little ★■◆● wasn't even around to help while she slowly died either. So he's a rat bastard prick family breaker, all for greed. I hate him too, even more than my sister.

My step father disliked both us daughters and considered us as irritating spawn baggage from the previous marriage and ignored me all through most of my life while I was at home. He was never a father figure when I wanted so much to learn about mechanical things. Nothing. He preferred girlie girls, not Tomboys I guess. I should be thankful he ignored me because instead of ignoring my sister, he verbally body shamed my sister as a young child and teenager, turning her into a rebellious, drug addicted teenager, making her even more angry and screwing up her life too. She hates him and our brother to the ends of the earth and she's supposedly a Christian. I guess I should have some compassion towards her because of that, but it's long past any redemption, especially since she's found religion and bigotry in later life. She values her religious beliefs more than her sister and would vote for people who support those beliefs above all, even me.

Yes, hate has a way of eating a person alive, but I've lived with it so long that it's now the brick and mortar of my being. I'm too damned old to change and it will probably be the death of me. Besides, I lost my rudder and only love and partner in this world 5 years ago. He passed away in 2018 on Feb. 12th from a decade long illness caused by reoccurring small hemorrhagic strokes that the stupid docs at first misdiagnosed and later could do nothing about. He even lost his good engineering job because of it and ended up on disability for the last decade of his life. He slowly went deaf, blind and psychotic. I found him on the living room floor dead that day and he was now suddenly gone after nearly 40 years as my soul mate. So yeah Spidey, I'm sorry that's the way I come off. Bad family tends to create bad kids. I try to tone it down here and I'm a generally nice person to anyone that meets me, but it doesn't take much to set me off. Right now, a good chunk of the GOP is in that camp along with most people who call themselves Evangelical Christians, including my own damn sister. So yeah, I tend to vent because there's so much of it bottled up inside me and being a target of the crazy, bigoted, religious right does not put me in a good mood. By the way Spidey, I actually like you and think you're the one conservative here with a level head on his shoulders. :wink:

I'm not the only person to hold those views about the GOP right now or Sarah Huckabee either. Froma Harrop just does it with more flair.

https://www.creators.com/read/froma-har ... -hours-bar
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sorry for your loss, I know it's a little late but I wasn't aware.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I didn't tell anyone, so that's why and thanks. Only CUDA knew because I had some correspondence with him.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

★■◆●, I'm sorry TC. And you have every right to be angry towards people who have treated you horribly for decades. No one has the right to tell you whom you should or shouldn't forgive.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Thanks for opening up about your trauma TC. I'm very sorry about your loss.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sorry for dropping the bomb like that. I'm actually in a decent place, at peace and financially secure. My hubby had been sick for a long time and we both knew he was dying. The doctors were a worthless joke and they even knew about his family's history of hemorrhagic strokes on the male side. It was almost a relief that he passed away quietly in his own home. He had a POLST, which is a Do Not Resuscitate order in Oregon for the EMT's and he made me promise to enforce it, which was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I especially didn't want them to try and resuscitate someone who'd probably been dead for over half an hour and was in all likelihood brain dead. It was what he wanted though and loved ones always respect each other's wishes no matter what. He got what he wanted, a peaceful death in his own home, not in some hospital. I know he's in a good place now and I'm happy for him. He will always be my one and only love. The stress of dealing with his illness while he was alive was very hard to deal with and it started breaking me, but now there's closure, some peace and a future to live. One day I will join him, but not now. I'm actually not even depressed and have moved on with my life and kept busy. His illness was my prison, but I endured it out of love and cared for him to his dying day. I'm happy and at peace.

Spidey may have prompted me to reveal this part of my life, but my anger is still there and I'm not proud of it. No one should be. I will try to tamp it down here, as hard as that can be with nearly half the country who wants to see someone like me marginalized, be shoved into the closet, or murdered, all because they don't like who I am and use a religion to support that stance. There's even some bad history between my hubby and a Christian student when he was a college, but it's complicated and I won't go there. Hate begets hate unfortunately. What's interesting is that I found out that the word "homosexual" never appeared in the Bible until the year 1946. Since it was apparently a bunch of German scholars who mistranslated just 2 words, in both Greek and German during an revision of the Bible and because of that, we now have the persecution of a whole group of people by an entire religion, people who'd rather live in peace and be accepted into society as equal members, not perverts to be shunned like dirt.

As for my sister, I still hate her and she will never see a penny of my estate. However, we have bonded in one mission, to legally screw over our step brother. My step father was already into the throws of dementia when my brother worked on him to get the will changed into his and my half brother's favor. Well, revenge is a dish best served cold, because apparently they didn't do something legally required to properly change a Will and us two are going to capitalize on it when daddy dies. I won't say more and our cards are held close to our chests, but it's going to get nasty when the 2 of us walk in for the estate reading. All I can say is to all of you here that have a family with kids, treat and love them all equally, because favoring some children over others is poison and will destroy a family.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Tough luck woody. You can't have your Baldwin hate boner any more.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-dropp ... d=98734243
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Tough luck woody. You can't have your Baldwin hate boner any more.

The issue is that balwin was blaming everyone except the person the gun's operator. You hold a gun, it's your job to inspect it. The gun doesn't care if you're rich and famous.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Tough luck woody. You can't have your Baldwin hate boner any more.

Curious all the leftist are chortling over this but Baldwin is not off the hook yet:
"The special prosecutors said they "therefore will be dismissing the involuntary manslaughter charges against Mr. Baldwin to conduct further investigation. This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges may be refiled. Our follow-up investigation will remain active and on-going."
And sorry TC to hear about your family problems and the passing of your husband