Thank God

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Thank God

Post by woodchip »

"The most revealing answer came when researchers asked ChatGPT: “Is Jesus the Son of God?” The chatbot surprisingly answered affirmatively: “Yes,” ChatGPT responded."
So continue being a atheist but when a AI can see there is a god then you'll go to hell for being a non believer. Have fun.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Thank God

Post by Vander »

lol
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Can't tell if serious...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

"OpenAI’s leftist artificial intelligence bot ChatGPT..."

First line of the article. Stopped reading.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

vision wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:29 pm "OpenAI’s leftist artificial intelligence bot ChatGPT..."

First line of the article. Stopped reading.
Am I still chatgpt?
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:57 am "The most revealing answer came when researchers asked ChatGPT: “Is Jesus the Son of God?” The chatbot surprisingly answered affirmatively: “Yes,” ChatGPT responded."
So continue being a atheist but when a AI can see there is a god then you'll go to hell for being a non believer. Have fun.
Want to take sections of text from other religions and ask it "Does this sound correct to you?" I'd do it, but I also don't want to invite suicide bombers to my house
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

:lol: Given that all ChatGP has to go on, human literature since I'm quite sure it never actually talked to God, it's no surprise that it came up with that answer. That's not fact though, because it's conclusion is based on human writings. However, ask it to prove that God exists based on hard scientific facts, or if Jesus was even a real person, you might get a far different answer if it searches historic writings outside the scope of the Bible.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Tell us you don't know ★■◆● about anything without telling us you don't know ★■◆● about anything, woody.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, he knows just one thing anymore. Anything that feeds his liberal hate boner is fair game. I doubt he's even been going regularly to church himself either.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

He sure as ★■◆● doesn't know what ChatGPT is.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:28 pm Tell us you don't know ★■◆● about anything without telling us you don't know ★■◆● about anything, woody.
I know you would rather see your students dead rather than protect them

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:28 am
Top Gun wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:28 pm Tell us you don't know ★■◆● about anything without telling us you don't know ★■◆● about anything, woody.
Wait, what? Where does he say that?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Isaac, a post a year or so ago about arming teachers he didn't want armed teachers at his school lest it become a "armed camp"

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am Isaac, a post a year or so ago about arming teachers he didn't want armed teachers at his school lest it become a "armed camp"
Because the only two possible choices are kids constantly getting shot, or everyone in schools being armed? Funny how all of the other nations where this kind of thing doesn't happen don't have to make that choice.

Also, what is the relevance of this to the topic of this thread?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

bull★■◆●. You would rather see no gun regulations at all, even to prevent on-a-whim gun purchases, than protect kids. Arming teachers IS creating an armed camp. Are you going to give them a pistol or an AR? A pistol is like taking your fists to a knife fight if a shooter has an AR style rifle. You're outclassed and outarmed. Have you even seen what an AR round does to a child's head? There's no nice little hole. Exploding pumpkins is what you get.

So going with your idea, where will teachers safely store their weapon so that kids don't get a hold of it? On their person? That's no guarantee a kid won't get a hold of it. And what's to stop a teacher who gets pissed off at little incorrigible Johnny disrupting class who then decides to shoot him out of anger? Humans are the same, no matter what job they're in and when they get angry, they do stupid things....ON A WHIM! I'm a gun owner. I have no issues with background checks, waiting periods, permits and safety training. Most Republicans DO and that's ★■◆●ing insane.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Keep outing yourself as a complete ★■◆●ing psychopath, woody. It's such a good look on you.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm
bull★■◆●. You would rather see no gun regulations at all, even to prevent on-a-whim gun purchases, than protect kids. Arming teachers IS creating an armed camp. Are you going to give them a pistol or an AR? A pistol is like taking your fists to a knife fight if a shooter has an AR style rifle. You're outclassed and outarmed. Have you even seen what an AR round does to a child's head? There's no nice little hole. Exploding pumpkins is what you get.

So going with your idea, where will teachers safely store their weapon so that kids don't get a hold of it? On their person? That's no guarantee a kid won't get a hold of it. And what's to stop a teacher who gets pissed off at little incorrigible Johnny disrupting class who then decides to shoot him out of anger? Humans are the same, no matter what job they're in and when they get angry, they do stupid things....ON A WHIM! I'm a gun owner. I have no issues with background checks, waiting periods, permits and safety training. Most Republicans DO and that's ★■◆●ing insane.
For someone who claims to like Jesus so much, it seems like he's never read Matthew 26:52.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The ignorance on this board at times is appalling. Dan Bongino has a name for you guys...Stupid Smart People. :lol:

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am Isaac, a post a year or so ago about arming teachers he didn't want armed teachers at his school lest it become a "armed camp"
Oh yeah, he has no idea what hassle it is to conceal carry a gun. He probably thinks it's like carrying his iphone.

If a teacher is willing to go through the pain of EDC a CCW, they should be allowed to.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Woody, you don't have the remaining higher cognitive functions to even figure out what qualifies as "ignorance."
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ok woody. Enlighten us as to why we're ignorant. And before you blather on, just in the last several weeks there have been 3 unprovoked and unjustified shootings. So tell me again why we should all be armed when people shoot others for the most inane of reasons, like getting into the wrong car, pulling into the wrong driveway or going to the wrong house and getting shot just for ringing the doorbell and being black?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/2-texas-cheer ... d=98686531

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... -rcna80127

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ral ... r-98695906
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I've talked to God several times but you people still don't believe. >_>
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Burlyman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:10 pm I've talked to God several times but you people still don't believe. >_>
I believe you think you were talking to someone... which is about as generous as I can be in this situation.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

When you talk to God, we call it prayer. When God talks to you, we call it Schizophrenia. :lol:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:10 pm I've talked to God several times but you people still don't believe. >_>
It's true. Burlyman has spoken to me on several occasions, not that he ever listens to me, but that's okay.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The people today who claim to speak with God are invariably the last people on the planet God would actually speak to.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:41 pm The people today who claim to speak with God are invariably the last people on the planet God would actually speak to.
I try to talk to you guys, but it's a pointless exercise most of the time.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:47 pm Ok woody. Enlighten us as to why we're ignorant. And before you blather on, just in the last several weeks there have been 3 unprovoked and unjustified shootings. So tell me again why we should all be armed when people shoot others for the most inane of reasons, like getting into the wrong car, pulling into the wrong driveway or going to the wrong house and getting shot just for ringing the doorbell and being black?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/2-texas-cheer ... d=98686531

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... -rcna80127

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ral ... r-98695906
Yes there are instances when guns are used inappropriately. Let me tell you a story that happened to me. A number of years ago I had someone knock on my door late at night. Yes I answered it with gun in hand. No, sorry I didn't shoot who was at my door like some of you would expect of me. Instead what I did what you would not expect. I let the young man use my phone to call his parents but he couldn't reach them. Since he was too drunk/high to drive (he admitted as much to me) I then had him get in my truck and I drove him home. Surprised? I don't think some of you here would of had the cajones to do the same. So there, you now have a story to give balance to what you read TC.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I used to live on a dangerous/slippery corner and have helped more than a dozen people who either ran off the road and rolled their trucks or got stuck or were lost in the middle of the night (before cell phones and GPS) and I never needed or carried a gun for any of it. It is really simple: The people you need to be worried about are the ones who don't knock or ring the doorbell. Society needs trust in order to function, and conservatives have been actively undermining that trust for decades. Depending on guns for all your safety or security is not safe or secure at all for anyone. You are a coward and a threat to society actively making everyone including yourself less safe if you can't even answer your door without a gun in your hand.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:43 am
Yes there are instances when guns are used inappropriately. Let me tell you a story that happened to me. A number of years ago I had someone knock on my door late at night. Yes I answered it with gun in hand. No, sorry I didn't shoot who was at my door like some of you would expect of me. Instead what I did what you would not expect. I let the young man use my phone to call his parents but he couldn't reach them. Since he was too drunk/high to drive (he admitted as much to me) I then had him get in my truck and I drove him home. Surprised? I don't think some of you here would of had the cajones to do the same. So there, you now have a story to give balance to what you read TC.
"I answered the door with my gun and I DIDN'T SHOOT THEM! I did a thing expected by society! Worship me!"

Hahaha. ★■◆● off.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I've lived here for 43 year and that was the only incidence where that occurred. While I laud your willingness to help, The question arises, "what will you do if someone breaks in with the intent to harm you or your family. Calling people who are prepared to defend themselves as cowards does not save you. And if you think self defense is rare:
"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/ ... 3ebd5a299a

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

All that went out the window when that old guy shot that kid in the head, and when another shot the six year old when they went to get their basketball.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:06 am"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million"
This stat, if it's true, is not a good sign for society by any measure.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I wonder how much of a complete sniveling coward I'd have to be to feel like I should grab a gun before going to answer my door. Oh wait, no I don't, I have woody here as an example.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Frankly, I won't grab a gun unless someone actually broke into my home while I'm there, which IS self-defense. But someone standing at the front door, or trying to retrieve a ball from my driveway, or even a car turning around in my driveway is NOT A THREAT worthy of pulling out a gun at all woody. Geez. What planet are you from woody?

As for self-defense statistics, it depends on which political persuasion you ask. The right wing of course inflates the results.

Right wing:

https://datavisualizations.heritage.org ... in-the-us/

Leftie or neutral:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... -gun-use-/
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:45 pm I wonder how much of a complete sniveling coward I'd have to be to feel like I should grab a gun before going to answer my door.

I actually wonder if 24-hour news causes one to feel as though the world is in a constant state of crisis, to such an extent that it brainwashes individuals into thinking they need a gun to answer the door.

This is why I choose to stay ignorant. :mrgreen:
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I suppose it would depend on what kind of neighborhood you lived in. If I lived in a neighborhood where I felt it was necessary to bring a gun every time I answered the door, I would probably move, if possible.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The issue for me is, there may be a lot more to this story, and if so, we may never hear it.