Where have all the feminists gone

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Where have all the feminists gone

Post by Tunnelcat »

Definitely.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

TheWhat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:25 amPersonally I reached diversity fatigue with this subject a couple of years ago...
Yo, if this is the case then I recommend you don't post in these topics, because stuff like this...
TheWhat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:25 amLet's stop the globe from spinning because a bunch of 14 year olds think that if they cut their cocks off they won't be suicidal anymore ... you can just wake up and say 'I'm this today and can use any bathroom at a highway rest stop'?"
...is profoundly ignorant of the troubles people with gender issues go through. They aren't doing it on a whim. They aren't doing it because they are emotional kids. Don't get caught up in the "just asking questions" crowd because they are arguing in bad faith. This ★■◆● isn't that complicated. Gender misalignment is a thing and shitty people are passing laws to try and erase something that is none of their goddamn business. LGBT allies like myself are fighting a civil rights issue and you're going to keep hearing about it until we win (and we will win).

Also, just because you can't help the bad stuff happening in other corners of the world don't forget you can actually do things here in this corner.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

My guess is most people wouldn't care about transgender issues because it doesn't affect their lives in any way, but it's purposefully and constantly put in front of them by the wingnut industrial complex's need for a scapegoat to rally their hatred against. This tiny slice of the population dealing with a strange situation that is nuanced and not easily understood makes for a perfect target because few would say it's actually good to be trans. So instead of maybe discussing some small but meaningful accommodations that might be made to make their lives a little more bearable, much of the discussion is fueled by people actively trying to make their existence as painful as possible.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:18 am
Isaac wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:27 am Say all the negative stuff you want about Woody, he's able to bait you all into conversation and keep this forum alive. :E
That's obvious. What he's posting says a lot about his character.
If he enjoys watching you scurry around and get into a huff, you are literally feeding what you're complaining about.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

He'd do it regardless. He'll be gone for months and then come back just to take a massive ★■◆● about some random topic.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I hate to ask this, but isn't that keeping this place alive?
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

This is not to give you "TheWhat's familial/friend relationships with humans from Alternative/minority/persecuted lifestyle credentials resume" thing but I have Thanksgiving/Easter/Birthday party (just went to her sister's funeral) gatherings with a 65 year old post-op woman who was a biological male married twice (to extremely attractive females) and has 2 sons who have children, and who is now a lesbian (that's a mouthful). And she doesn't sit at dinner with a protest sign chanting what do we want "a new cadence" when do we want it "now". They're a person that I've known for like 12 years, long before 39% of teenagers polled identify as pokemon. I may type as Archie Bunker sometimes but thats not it. What it IS is that I honestly don't believe a lot of the people claiming this stuff. It doesn't matter if I do or don't believe it - I just don't believe the frequency of the claims. Like, I will honor your name change if it's not IG-88 or some bull★■◆●, but I'll call you Cathrine if you want. But I'm not going to switch back when you change your mind, and I'm not going to switch to the next one you come up with 2 years from now - because then it's you the fuckin narcissist wanting to make everything about your bull★■◆●. AND that does happen ALL THE TIME - and daddy don't play that.

So there you have it. There's no reason for you to believe me but it's true. And that's how I feel about it and it IS the wingnuts (both sides) using the topic for their gain. I know it's real in some cases, just not even close to as often as it's being presented. So that's why I tire of the internet white knighting when I know I'll see them at Thanksgiving!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Vander wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:27 pm My guess is most people wouldn't care about transgender issues because it doesn't affect their lives in any way, but it's purposefully and constantly put in front of them by the wingnut industrial complex's need for a scapegoat to rally their hatred against. This tiny slice of the population dealing with a strange situation that is nuanced and not easily understood makes for a perfect target because few would say it's actually good to be trans. So instead of maybe discussing some small but meaningful accommodations that might be made to make their lives a little more bearable, much of the discussion is fueled by people actively trying to make their existence as painful as possible.
Yes, exactly. Almost nobody would care if the right wing wasn't out to genocide LGBTQ+ people. We are here fighting for their rights because if we don't and the right wing successfully genocides them, then because the right wing absolutely NEEDS an enemy to genocide they will just turn on someone else and we will have only lost ground. That is what this is all about: the same old "They went after X and I didn't say anything. Then they went after Y and I didn't say anything. Now they after ME and nobody is saying anything."

And you want to know something else, the thread title "Where have all the feminists gone?", the answer is nowhere. Who the ★■◆● do you think are here defending LGBTQ+ people? It is the feminists! Just because conservatives shifted targets away from directly attacking feminists but otherwise kept doing exactly the same things to a different target group doesn't mean the people no longer directly in the sights gave up the fight.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

☝️☝️☝️☝️ That's who keeping this place alive. The rest of us bums just keep this place active.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:15 pm ☝️☝️☝️☝️
That's who keeping this place alive...place alive...
You can tell by the way move my pyro
I'm a GX man, no time to talk
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

TheWhat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:16 pmLike, I will honor your name change ...But I'm not going to switch back when you change your mind...
It takes so little effort to call someone by a different name, it's amazing to me you are reluctant to do it. While none of my friends changed gender, several have changed their names. For some it was simply a request to use the formal version of their name (like Johnathan instead of Johnny), but some friends have legally changed their name to something completely different. It took me no effort to call them something else and it I never judged them for it (even the narcissistic friends). I also don't care what someone calls me. I have a super common first name and most of my friends just call me by my last name because it's less confusing. Some of my gaming friends call me by my call-sign in public. I think it's hilarious actually. My IRL name is not "vision" but I respond to it, and you're birth name is not TheWhat. We all "present" in a way that makes us feel comfortable which is why no one here is registering on forums with our real names. If calling a person by a name they choose makes them feel more comfortable then why wouldn't you do it? Such a small thing to do to improve someone's life. And if you are irritated because you think someone is a narcissist, then just stop talking to them completely and you won't have to worry about how to address them.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I said I WILL call you by the name you wish (unless it’s IG-88). What I WILL NOT DO is go back to the name you used to be because you changed your mind… err I mean your new name not your old name that you decided everyone should call you… you know what? You’re not that interesting, why is everyone expected to do this for you? Not interesting enough for me to remember what goddamn name you are this lunar cycle, for the other 8 billion people to do backflips for you.

We’re not talking about video game pilot names, we’re talking about expecting your family members and your life long friends to respect your “year zero”. That’s fine once I guess but I’m not buying you wedding presents for every one of your 4 marriages - you get one blender - im not following you around in circles to be an enlightened honkey you’re wasting my time you self absorbed bull★■◆● artist!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Love to know where these teeming masses of people "changing their mind" are.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

TheWhat wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:28 pmI said I WILL call you by the name you wish (unless it’s IG-88). What I WILL NOT DO is go back to the name you used to be...
Cool. Just want to point out this rule you made for yourself is totally arbitrary. It takes the same effort to call a person by a different name, which is almost no effort at all. When Prince changed his name to the Love Symbol the only problem I had was not knowing how to pronounce it.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Tunnelcat do you have proof that your brain is “male?”
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Do you have proof that yours is?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Should I assemble a questionnaire to determine "man brain" status?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Neo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:35 pm Tunnelcat do you have proof that your brain is “male?”
Do you have any "proof" yours is male? I don't see male brains with dicks attached as a marker inside the skull. My personal indications are that I hate my body and it's female attributes and I just as soon get rid of the boobs and twat if I could. Most normal men are repulsed by other men leering at them and that's how I feel when men leer at me. I don't think like a female nor do I like female pursuits. I don't like children and the idea of being a mother raising a family of rug rats is positively repulsive to me. I'd rather kick ass than be peacemaker. I'd say that those indications make my brain a very masculine organ that's trapped inside a piece of crap girl body.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... in-anatomy

The brain is malleable during formation. It is not a rigid structure that's ether male or female in the fetus. Hormones play a big part in human brain formation, especially in the womb. But sometimes, conditions in the womb vary. Most female fetus' brains block the action of estrogen in the womb because actual estrogen will masculinize the brain if it enters it during fetal formation (weird, but true). But a synthetic estrogen used in the 1940's and 50's used to prevent miscarriages DID cross the brain's hormone barrier. It was called DES, or diethylstilbestrol. But it's action on the female fetal brain had unforeseen consequences. I may be one of those consequences since my mother had a miscarriage before she had me and was given DES. Everybody back then didn't question their docs. They took whatever pills they were given. Besides lesbianism and bisexuality, transgenderism was also a possible side effect on the fetuses of mothers using this drug, all because it made the brain more masculine. It wasn't a large number of fetuses affected, but enough to flag as a concern. Science is still studying how the brain develops it's sexual traits as a fetus, so it's not a simple, unchanging sex characteristic that's cast in stone. Even the sex organs can have their development affected by chemical changes in the womb, causing intersex children. No, I'd say what you think your God created in the form of a human being is actually imperfect as hell, which is proof enough that a God didn't create us at all.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/DES ... 046723.php
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I don't think like a female nor do I like female pursuits.
This statement assumes a single universally 'female' way of thinking or 'female' pursuit. It's not accurate to generalize "normie" women as having the same thoughts, interests, or pursuits.

If you want to identify as a male that's fine. But saying normal woman can't think like you is a big assumption.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm going by what most people assume are the definitions of masculine and feminine. What's masculine and feminine tend to be uniformly defined in most human cultures all over the planet too. Sure, most people don't fit into rigid definitions of gender specificity in this day and age, but if you generalize, you'll find most men and most women tend to fall into gender specific masculine and feminine roles as they grow up. Same on the LGBTQ side of things. Lesbians typically are more masculine (but not all) and gay men tend to be more feminine (but again, not all), so no one ever fits into any gender specific roles like a lock and key. Also, in primitive tribal cultures, it was the males who hunted and killed as providers/protectors and it was the females who raised and tended the families. But again, there are always exceptions. However, I think that gender fluidity tends to make some people very insecure, which upsets them unfortunately. There are a lot of people, most of them very religious people, who demand more rigid gender role conformity between the sexes using a set of definitions straight from the 1950's about how each gender should behave. They want to live that way, fine. But don't tell me how to live my life.

And Isaac, I was born BEFORE the sexual revolution and remember those times, when men were patriarchal and ruled over women, had more masculine pursuits and were the breadwinners and fighters who fought all the wars as protectors. Women were pretty much relegated to the roles housewives, food gatherers and breeders that weren't supposed to work outside the home. The youth of today has no idea. So yeah, none of that makes my brain "male", other than I like male activities far more than female ones. It does tell me my brain was very masculinized from well before I was born. But the one thing that separates me from a lesbian is body dysphoria. My brain hates my body, period. I'd be far happier with my brain plunked into a nice ripped male body than the puny weak female one I was born with. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It's not that generalizing can't be correct a percentage of the time, but it's an unfair to say "woman can't think like me" when there's a section that probably do.

Now if I could generalize, every time I hear a woman comparing themselves to other women, it's always "i'm not like other women". It's like one of the top ten feminine tropes: "Trust, I'm not like other girls" and has to let people know. Every woman in my life has consistently told me at one point how they're not like other women/girls.

TC: "I'm not like other women. I'm a Mulan... oh that was also a women? ★■◆●"

Me? I'm a dime-a-dozen guy. I'm proud to say I'm nothing special.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac, you're wrong. If anything else, you're the most unique person around here. :P
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

So you think you know God's creation and yourself better than He does.

There's no such thing as a woman having a "male brain" like you said and you haven't provided any evidence to prove otherwise. You're just trying to justify your sin nature and live in a fantasy world where there are more than 2 genders and that humans get to choose other than what you're born as.

There is evidence of LGBT being caused by a defect in the brain, meaning it's not normal, and if they're right, it can be fixed.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, and there's no proof that anything said or claimed in the Bible is factual, absolutely NONE. By the way, you claim we should all be fixed. Why would I even consent? I have free will and like my brain the way it is. Fixing my brain to make it female is no more desirable to me than you having your brain made female. Furthermore, LGBTQ brains are not defective, only different.

Plus, given the state of medical knowledge concerning repairing the brain for most mental health issues, fixing anyone with a mental issue is a pipe dream. Instead of focusing in on LGBTQ people as a problem, why don't you pray that our vaunted medical system comes up with ways to repair the brains of all those mentally ill homeless people camping on public land, doing drugs and stealing to survive instead of working for a living as productive members of society. I'd say that's a far more important priority than forcing brain surgery on happy productive people. But sadly, your priorities are too twisted and hateful to see the bigger human problem most states face in our country today.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:41 am So you think you know God's creation and yourself better than He does.

There's no such thing as a woman having a "male brain" like you said and you haven't provided any evidence to prove otherwise. You're just trying to justify your sin nature and live in a fantasy world where there are more than 2 genders and that humans get to choose other than what you're born as.

There is evidence of LGBT being caused by a defect in the brain, meaning it's not normal, and if they're right, it can be fixed.
We don't have the medical technology to fix their brains to match their bodies, so the best we can do is fix their bodies to match their brains. Why the former right but the latter wrong?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Excellent point.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

There is proof of what the Bible says, you just don't care about it so you can be "male" inside. By the way, I'm not moronic, and I don't post nonsense. You just pretend like you don't understand. The Bible says everyone knows the Lord is God and they are "without excuse." But unbelievers become fools while claiming to be wise.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:44 pm There is proof of what the Bible says, you just don't care about it so you can be "male" inside. By the way, I'm not moronic, and I don't post nonsense. You just pretend like you don't understand. The Bible says everyone knows the Lord is God and they are "without excuse." But unbelievers become fools while claiming to be wise.
    Well there is proof for some of what the Bible says. For example, Egypt, Jericho, Babylon, and many other places mentioned in the Bible actually exist.

But New York City also exists, but that doesn't prove that Spider-Man is real.
    Neo
    DBB Captain
    DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

That last one isn't really a good argument. Lack of proof is not proof of lack. The Bible says anyone who wishes to know God must believe He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him. Tunnelcat and vision don't do any of that, otherwise they wouldn't have said such harsh things about God and about me.
    Darth Wang
    DBB Ace
    DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I, for the most part*, respect people's religious beliefs. But that respect ends when you try to use your religion as an excuse to bully others, and try to force them to follow your rules.

* Don't get me started on Scientology.
    woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:27 pm My guess is most people wouldn't care about transgender issues because it doesn't affect their lives in any way, but it's purposefully and constantly put in front of them by the wingnut industrial complex's need for a scapegoat to rally their hatred against. This tiny slice of the population dealing with a strange situation that is nuanced and not easily understood makes for a perfect target because few would say it's actually good to be trans. So instead of maybe discussing some small but meaningful accommodations that might be made to make their lives a little more bearable, much of the discussion is fueled by people actively trying to make their existence as painful as possible.
    Yeah the real girls in women's sports know all about painful in their locker rooms
    Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
    woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:47 pm He'd do it regardless. He'll be gone for months and then come back just to take a massive ★■◆● about some random topic.
    And you dive right into the steaming pile.
    Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:17 pm
    Yes, exactly. Almost nobody would care if the right wing wasn't out to genocide LGBTQ+ people. We are here fighting for their rights because if we don't and the right wing successfully genocides them, then because the right wing absolutely NEEDS an enemy to genocide they will just turn on someone else and we will have only lost ground. That is what this is all about: the same old "They went after X and I didn't say anything. Then they went after Y and I didn't say anything. Now they after ME and nobody is saying anything."

And you want to know something else, the thread title "Where have all the feminists gone?", the answer is nowhere. Who the ★■◆● do you think are here defending LGBTQ+ people? It is the feminists! Just because conservatives shifted targets away from directly attacking feminists but otherwise kept doing exactly the same things to a different target group doesn't mean the people no longer directly in the sights gave up the fight.
    Who wants to genocide them? Like you want to do to Christians? Like you are trying to intimidate Trump? And you think having gay porn books in elementary school is somehow a legitimate strategy in making us accept you? Walking naked in parades will endear you to us. Lotsa luck Krommy. Why don't you ban some more people who voice their displeasure.

woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:35 am Do you have proof that yours is?
    Just the answer from a man of science I'd expect. :roll:

woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Isaac wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:33 pm
    I don't think like a female nor do I like female pursuits.
    This statement assumes a single universally 'female' way of thinking or 'female' pursuit. It's not accurate to generalize "normie" women as having the same thoughts, interests, or pursuits.

If you want to identify as a male that's fine. But saying normal woman can't think like you is a big assumption.
    I agree. While my daughter likes feminine things, she also likes wood-working, took a welding class in college and likes firearms. Do I don't necessarily think liking i.e. male pursuits make you a male? No.

woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:29 pm I'm going by what most people assume are the definitions of masculine and feminine. What's masculine and feminine tend to be uniformly defined in most human cultures all over the planet too. Sure, most people don't fit into rigid definitions of gender specificity in this day and age, but if you generalize, you'll find most men and most women tend to fall into gender specific masculine and feminine roles as they grow up. Same on the LGBTQ side of things. Lesbians typically are more masculine (but not all) and gay men tend to be more feminine (but again, not all), so no one ever fits into any gender specific roles like a lock and key. Also, in primitive tribal cultures, it was the males who hunted and killed as providers/protectors and it was the females who raised and tended the families. But again, there are always exceptions. However, I think that gender fluidity tends to make some people very insecure, which upsets them unfortunately. There are a lot of people, most of them very religious people, who demand more rigid gender role conformity between the sexes using a set of definitions straight from the 1950's about how each gender should behave. They want to live that way, fine. But don't tell me how to live my life.

And Isaac, I was born BEFORE the sexual revolution and remember those times, when men were patriarchal and ruled over women, had more masculine pursuits and were the breadwinners and fighters who fought all the wars as protectors. Women were pretty much relegated to the roles housewives, food gatherers and breeders that weren't supposed to work outside the home. The youth of today has no idea. So yeah, none of that makes my brain "male", other than I like male activities far more than female ones. It does tell me my brain was very masculinized from well before I was born. But the one thing that separates me from a lesbian is body dysphoria. My brain hates my body, period. I'd be far happier with my brain plunked into a nice ripped male body than the puny weak female one I was born with. :P
    I guess you never heard of "Rosie the Riveter".

woodchip
    DBB Benefactor
    DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm
    Neo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:41 am So you think you know God's creation and yourself better than He does.

We don't have the medical technology to fix their brains to match their bodies, so the best we can do is fix their bodies to match their brains. Why the former right but the latter wrong?
    It's wrong when you want to "fix" the bodies of children.

Darth Wang
    DBB Ace
    DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:32 am
    Darth Wang wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm

It's wrong when you want to "fix" the bodies of children.
    Almost no one is advocating for SRS on children. That's a conspiracy theory.
    Neo
    DBB Captain
    DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:34 am I, for the most part*, respect people's religious beliefs. But that respect ends when you try to use your religion as an excuse to bully others, and try to force them to follow your rules.

Define bullying and define "trying to force them." Proselytizing isn't "forcing people."
    Darth Wang
    DBB Ace
    DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:15 am
    Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:34 am I, for the most part*, respect people's religious beliefs. But that respect ends when you try to use your religion as an excuse to bully others, and try to force them to follow your rules.

Define bullying and define "trying to force them." Proselytizing isn't "forcing people."
    Telling them what they can and can't do.