What the world has come to...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: What the world has come to...

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:57 pm I do hate intolerant bigots, yes.
Time out.. How is being a flat Earther bigoted? Is it because he's intolerant of internationally collected data? Or am I missing something else he said? Forgive me, for I am illiterate.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Why are you assuming I'm limiting my statement to this single profoundly-dumb topic that you keep egging him on about everywhere? He's been spewing homophobic stuff for ages.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:50 pm Why are you assuming I'm limiting my statement to this single profoundly-dumb topic that you keep egging him on about everywhere?
Because I'm profoundly dumb.
Top Gun wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:50 pm He's been spewing homophobic stuff for ages.
Oh okay. That answers that. Thank you for the quick reply.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Homophobia is a mental disease that nurses hate. People with this phobia, like Neo, like to use an ancient religious book to justify acting on that hate by sanctioning death as a divine punishment. They may not believe they're haters, but they are. They certainly have no humanity at all, because they believe that performing the punishment of death is God's judgement. No pity, no sorrow, no understanding. Only vengeful hate.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:23 pm Homophobia is a mental disease that nurses hate. People with this phobia, like Neo, like to use an ancient religious book to justify acting on that hate by sanctioning death as a divine punishment. They may not believe they're haters, but they are. They certainly have no humanity at all, because they believe that performing the punishment of death is God's judgement. No pity, no sorrow, no understanding. Only vengeful hate.
Gay people have been the most awesome to me, so that's sad to hear. However, we do need to remember Neo might have a mental problem, so I would rather you ban Neo and his alts than abuse someone online who probably can't help himself. You guys are punching down. It's not like me punching down on Ferno, who gets enjoyment from it. Neo might be suffering from something that lowers his cognitive functions, so the whole forum calling him names like bigoted, though warranted for a regular person, should not be allowed for a disabled person. Neo can't do better, but you as a mod certainly can. And the rest of you can, too.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Isaac wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:41 pm
Time out.. How is being a flat Earther bigoted?
It's bigoted against everyone who works in any industry that involves aerospace, astronomy, physics, cartography, geology, telecommunications, and a few hundred other disciplines, since it accused them all of being in on a huge conspiracy.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:52 am
It's bigoted against everyone who works in any industry that involves aerospace, astronomy, physics, cartography, geology, telecommunications, and a few hundred other disciplines, since it accused them all of being in on a huge conspiracy.
I would love to hear Neo's explanation on the cause of magnetic declination and what's happening under the ground, since a magma core couldn't exist in a flat earth.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:49 am
I would love to hear Neo's explanation on the cause of magnetic declination and what's happening under the ground, since a magma core couldn't exist in a flat earth.
Lava is just fire and brimstone bubbling up from Hell, probably.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:31 pm
Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:49 am
Lava is just fire and brimstone bubbling up from Hell, probably.
Yeah, but how does that effect the Earth's magnetic field? Sorry that was a dumb question. Clearly Hell can buy magnets. I guess Satan's master plan is to move magnetic North so that airports are forced to spend money repainting the runway bearings.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:31 pm Lava is just fire and brimstone bubbling up from Hell, probably.
Liquid fire and brimstone that cools into plain old solid rock, which is what the the center of a round earth is made out of too. Hawaii itself is made out of the stuff, so Hawaii must be made out of devil rock. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

lava isn't hellfire.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:34 am lava isn't hellfire.
Other flat earthers would disagree. You can find as many different flat earth theories/models as there are flat earth believers. That's a good hint that there isn't any truth to it - if there were facts behind it, they would at least be able to agree on a coherent model.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Lava isn't real.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I'm surprised you didn't say hellfire isn't real. Most people scoff at anything that's in the Bible.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:10 pm I'm surprised you didn't say hellfire isn't real. Most people scoff at anything that's in the Bible.
The Bible is flat. I've never seen a round Bible. Checkmate, atheists.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

You're obviously a troll. Told ya. I'm not stupid.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:45 am You're obviously a troll. Told ya. I'm not stupid.
I'm serious. Bibles are flat. Or do you believe in round bible?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac, do you ever sleep? :P :lol:

The Bible doesn't say "Hell". The original term in the Hebrew Old Testament is " Sheol". The term has morphed into other words over the centuries through varied translations, but not Hell.

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bible-s ... -like.html

And all descriptions of Hell are borne from imagination, not the word of God, even in the Bible. No one's been there to actually see this place and report back. You're blithering about the fantastic imaginations of Dante and artwork created from the minds of human artists over the centuries. Other than Hell being "underground", every other description is pure imagination. It's used to instill fear and supplication, in other words, it's used for religious power.

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-edi ... rt-history

Personally, I don't believe even in the Devil. I think the Devil is nothing but a metaphor for the evil that resides thoroughly within the minds of human beings. The Devil is just an excuse for our own innate behavior, which gives us an "out" so that we can blame something else for that behavior.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:58 am Isaac, do you ever sleep? :P :lol:
I'm working on a project and I do my best work on a terrible sleep schedule.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ah, to be young again. I sometimes stay up till midnight if I'm playing a video game. I used to do that with Descent and right now I'm on Metro Exodus. But I pay for that lack of sleep by yawning and bad tiredness the next day if I don't sleep waaaaay in the next morn. Being old sucks.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:05 pm Ah, to be young again. I sometimes stay up till midnight if I'm playing a video game. I used to do that with Descent and right now I'm on Metro Exodus. But I pay for that lack of sleep by yawning and bad tiredness the next day if I don't sleep waaaaay in the next morn. Being old sucks.
I'm sure it's not that bad. You can cut in line and nobody will question it.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Cutting in line is fuckin lame no matter how old you are. I’m pretty old (50+) and the physical recovery time is noticeably longer, I have bifocals (vision changes REALLY suck, maybe the worst thing I’ve noticed with age). Hearing is remarkably intact considering the amount of electric guitars I’ve played with crash cymbals 4 feet from my ears - I’m curious what frequency range that’s starting to flag. Real high frequencies go with age but I think the 4k range is pretty common to go for electric guitar types.

I quit tobacco this year and alcohol almost 6 years ago so that helps. I’m pretty lucky to be alive actually considering the depths of my alcoholism - nasty habit that I don’t miss.

But yeah cutting in line is something that needs to be eradicated from the human condition along with poverty, pollution, and everything else they get rid of in Star Trek. If you really need to go ahead of me I’m likely to agree to it if I believe you need to use one of your chips. :]
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TheWhat wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:07 pm ’m pretty old (50+) ...I have bifocals (vision changes REALLY suck, maybe the worst thing I’ve noticed with age).
So, are you able to see things like the moon?
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Do you mean that bright round thing that god put on the canopy that covers the flat earth only to test me? Yeah, I see that thing.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TheWhat wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:12 pm Do you mean that bright round thing that god put on the canopy that covers the flat earth only to test me? Yeah, I see that thing.
Good, then you can reply to my question: https://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?p=396663#p396663
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac, The What, I would never consider being inconsiderate and cutting in line. It's gouache. :wink:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:55 am Isaac, The What, I would never consider being inconsiderate and cutting in line. It's gouache. :wink:
No wonder he won't talk to me about lunar eclipses, because he hates it when the moon cuts in front of the earth.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Congrats, Adam!

The Bible doesn't say "Hell". The original term in the Hebrew Old Testament is " Sheol". The term has morphed into other words over the centuries through varied translations, but not Hell.

And all descriptions of Hell are borne from imagination, not the word of God, even in the Bible. No one's been there to actually see this place and report back. You're blithering about the fantastic imaginations of Dante and artwork created from the minds of human artists over the centuries. Other than Hell being "underground", every other description is pure imagination. It's used to instill fear and supplication, in other words, it's used for religious power.

Personally, I don't believe even in the Devil. I think the Devil is nothing but a metaphor for the evil that resides thoroughly within the minds of human beings. The Devil is just an excuse for our own innate behavior, which gives us an "out" so that we can blame something else for that behavior.
Yeah it says Sheol in the old testament and Hades in the new testament and hell in other translations. The bible also mentions the lake of fire. So, I've talked to the living Word of God and He told me to warn people about hell, so it is real.

Nobody can tell me there's no God. I've also talked to Satan before because of my past, so I know he exists. He told me he's the devil in case there was any doubt. :)
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:43 pm Congrats, Adam!

Yeah it says Sheol in the old testament and Hades in the new testament and hell in other translations. The bible also mentions the lake of fire. So, I've talked to the living Word of God and He told me to warn people about hell, so it is real.

Nobody can tell me there's no God. I've also talked to Satan before because of my past, so I know he exists. He told me he's the devil in case there was any doubt. :) I found out what Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden, but I'm not going to talk about what they had.
Satan is the father of lies. So if he told you he was the devil, he was probably lying.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What a corundum.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Obvious troll is obvious with Isaac >_>
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:33 am Obvious troll is obvious with Isaac >_>
Am I trolling if I'm telling the truth.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac is trolling you because it's getting under your skin Neo.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

How is it getting under my skin? I just think he's being silly. I'm not THAT offended.

I guess nobody saying anything congratulatory to "Adam" just because I said it. :lol:
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:37 am
Other flat earthers would disagree. You can find as many different flat earth theories/models as there are flat earth believers. That's a good hint that there isn't any truth to it - if there were facts behind it, they would at least be able to agree on a coherent model.
It's because we are all different, we know there's something wrong with the mainstream model of the world, but we aren't scientists.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:13 am
Darth Wang wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:37 am
It's because we are all different, we know there's something wrong with the mainstream model of the world, but we aren't scientists.
Some of you claim to be. And yet you don't understand the scientific method whatsoever. If you want to overturn established science, you need a theory that explains the facts better than the current one. You can't even agree on a coherent theory.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Well we can agree on one thing. The Flat Earth Society doesn't speak for us. :) I'll just let scientism be over turned during the 1000 year reign of Christ.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Neo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:59 amI'll just let scientism be over turned during the 1000 year reign of Christ.
What a lazy cop-out.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, they're so committed to the cause of Christ that they'll start heralding the Second Coming of Christ, aka the Rapture, even if he never shows. He won't by the way since he never existed in the first place, but that won't stop the fanatics. What a bunch of nutcases.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

And if Jesus comes back and tells them that the Earth is round, they'll accuse him of being in on the conspiracy. :roll: