What the world has come to...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: What the world has come to...

Post by TigerRaptor »

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:47 am
Darth Wang wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:39 pm
Neo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:08 am That's not true. I've seen Bible verses support flat earth, like in Genesis, Job, etc. Genesis says the earth and the water existed first before God created anything else. I think it's Job that says the Lord stretched out the sky which is strong, like a molten looking glass. There no bible verses that support heliocentricity.
None of those verses say anything about it being flat. You're simply choosing the interpretations that you want and ignoring all others.
I don't do things like that. >_> I looked at geocentricity and flat earth makes more sense, for example, a massive sun doesn't have to circle a small, ball earth That's a lot of force required unless you're thinking of it falling down a smooth hypersurface like in relativity. Also there's no firmament in heliocentricity or geocentricity unless you think it's not literal like many people like to do.
So you admit that there are no verses in the Bible that say the Earth is flat, you're just choosing that model because you like it. You've already rejected massive amounts of reasons why it doesn't make sense, so clearly that's not the issue.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I already told you the verses in the Bible support flat earth. The "reasons why it doesn't make sense" are contested by reasons it does make sense.

So I made another observation at 6:00 in the morning, and Tebo is right, the sky does move. :) However, I don't think it's supposed to, and I think someone is doing that though and that the sun, moon, and stars are a projection from somewhere. I also think that the daylight that isn't from the sun is shut off, and it's supposed to be just the 'quantum vacuum.' Also, I know where the word planets came from ("wandering stars") but it looks like someone took it literally.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Tebo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tebo »

I got a fairly clear sky yesterday night, but unfortunately also the light pollution. Could not see enough to surely identify constellations with it (or maybe I just suck at that), but took a few pictures with my phone and with a few seconds exposure a lot more stars were visible there. I finally could match them with those from a stellarium website, got the predicted amount of movement over a few minutes and also found them in the flight simulator later :). I'll have to remember to do stargazing when I'm somewhere more remote again.
Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:01 pm I already told you the verses in the Bible support flat earth. The "reasons why it doesn't make sense" are contested by reasons it does make sense.

So I made another observation at 6:00 in the morning, and Tebo is right, the sky does move. :) However, I don't think it's supposed to, and I think someone is doing that though and that the sun, moon, and stars are a projection from somewhere. I also think that the daylight that isn't from the sun is shut off, and it's supposed to be just the 'quantum vacuum.' Also, I know where the word planets came from ("wandering stars") but it looks like someone took it literally.
Great, I hope you did get a few more stars than the one yesterday, otherwise it could also have been a planet. I can't argue against the whole sky being faked except to say that in my view it is way beyond human technology even before including the sun in it. Not sure what you mean by daylight that is not from the sun and it being shut off, but at quantum vacuum you'll lose me anyway so I think I'll bow out here. Thanks for the conversation Neo.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:01 pm I already told you the verses in the Bible support flat earth.
No verses you mentioned say it's flat.
The "reasons why it doesn't make sense" are contested by reasons it does make sense.
I'm sure a geocentrist would say the same thing.
You can literally buy a powerful enough telescope and look at Jupiter and see its red spot, or at Saturn and see its rings.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tebo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:47 pmI can't argue against the whole sky being faked except to say that in my view it is way beyond human technology even before including the sun in it.
Especially if you consider the fact that people have been making these observations for thousands of years. So there was some kind of magic worldwide perpetual hologram projector that was running back before we had even discovered gunpowder?
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Tebo: Sorry, I didn't mean to say you were being offensive. That was directed at Top Gun. I forgot to check and see if it was a planet I was seeing. But if it was not a planet, the stars did move!
Darth Wang wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:21 pm
Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:01 pm I already told you the verses in the Bible support flat earth.
The "reasons why it doesn't make sense" are contested by reasons it does make sense.
You can literally buy a powerful enough telescope and look at Jupiter and see its red spot, or at Saturn and see its rings.
I know you can see the planets with a telescope, but like I said, God didn't create them, and therefore they aren't what you think.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:27 pm
Tebo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:47 pmI can't argue against the whole sky being faked except to say that in my view it is way beyond human technology even before including the sun in it.
Especially if you consider the fact that people have been making these observations for thousands of years. So there was some kind of magic worldwide perpetual hologram projector that was running back before we had even discovered gunpowder?
History is different than you think. One clue is the 2023 years are actually 283 years.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:53 pm Tebo: Sorry, I didn't mean to say you were being offensive. That was directed at Top Gun. I forgot to check and see if it was a planet I was seeing. But if it was not a planet, the stars did move!
Darth Wang wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:21 pm
I know you can see the planets with a telescope, but like I said, God didn't create them, and therefore they aren't what you think.
That doesn't even make sense. Nor does your following post... you think Jesus was born only 283 years ago? And I suppose all the written records we have documenting the history of the Christian religion from before that are all fake? You can't even accuse them of being in on the conspiracy this time, since then you'd be accusing Christianity, which you supposedly follow, of being part of it.

I've asked you this before, but you have never answered: what evidence would convince you that the Earth isn't flat? Because you seem to be verging into solipsism just to deny everything that contradicts your beliefs.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

What part of that do you think doesn't make sense? Jesus did say he's coming soon. 2000+ years doesn't seem like soon as much as 300 years give or take several years or so, does it?
Darth Wang wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:03 am
That doesn't even make sense. Nor does your following post... you think Jesus was born only 283 years ago? And I suppose all the written records we have documenting the history of the Christian religion from before that are all fake? You can't even accuse them of being in on the conspiracy this time, since then you'd be accusing Christianity, which you supposedly follow, of being part of it.
That's not true. Revelation was written around 92 AD and then that was the last part of the Bible. All the things about the Catholic Church and so on are fake. Catholicism was created not too long ago.
I've asked you this before, but you have never answered: what evidence would convince you that the Earth isn't flat? Because you seem to be verging into solipsism just to deny everything that contradicts your beliefs.
I'm not verging into solipsism, and I have no ego. >_> What would convince me is if you could land a plane on a ball moving at 1,000 km/h + 107,000 km/h + 792,000 km/h throughout space with only 9.80665 m/s/s acceleration.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:53 pm I know you can see the planets with a telescope, but like I said, God didn't create them, and therefore they aren't what you think.
Neo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:58 pm History is different than you think. One clue is the 2023 years are actually 283 years.
You do realize that statements like these are completely worthless, right? "These basic objectively-confirmed observations about how the universe functions are completely wrong, and only I know the truth about them, but I'm not going to share it with anyone, and instead I'll only give vague statements like 'if you know where to look...'." Um, okay? Let's just assume for a second that any of us were willing to entertain your statements for a bit. Why should we even bother if you're giving us absolutely nothing to work with?
Neo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:06 pm That's not true. Revelation was written around 92 AD and then that was the last part of the Bible. All the things about the Catholic Church and so on are fake. Catholicism was created not too long ago.
Oh right, us tricksy Catholics made up Peter and everyone who came after him back in the 1960s. Ya caught us!
Neo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:06 pm I'm not verging into solipsism, and I have no ego. >_> What would convince me is if you could land a plane on a ball moving at 1,000 km/h + 107,000 km/h + 792,000 km/h throughout space with only 9.80665 m/s/s acceleration.
Well that's simple enough: it's called relative motion/velocity. I teach it to high school freshmen. Compared to some theoretical observer outside the Milky Way galaxy, the plane is moving at all of those same speeds too, because it was built on Earth and always existed on Earth and thus moves along with the Earth. The plane only ever moves at several hundred km/h relative to the Earth's surface. Any other questions?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:06 pm What part of that do you think doesn't make sense? Jesus did say he's coming soon. 2000+ years doesn't seem like soon as much as 300 years give or take several years or so, does it?
Darth Wang wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:03 am
That's not true. Revelation was written around 92 AD and then that was the last part of the Bible. All the things about the Catholic Church and so on are fake. Catholicism was created not too long ago.
I'm not verging into solipsism, and I have no ego. >_> What would convince me is if you could land a plane on a ball moving at 1,000 km/h + 107,000 km/h + 792,000 km/h throughout space with only 9.80665 m/s/s acceleration.
I'm seriously beginning to think you're just trolling. I've engaged with other flat earthers elsewhere on the internet, and many of their arguments were downright reasonable compared to yours. Your level of reality denial is something I have rarely seen.

You know what? Let me do your work for you. Presenting the ultimate flat Earth argument, which is completely impossible to disprove:

We're all just brains in jars, everything we experience is an illusion, and the world where the jars are stored is flat. There you go.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I’m glad you finally talked with someone else about flat earth without expecting me to do all the research for you. I tried to get top gun, Tunnelcat, and the other troll to do something and they refused. Just do that and don’t bother me.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm I’m glad you finally talked with someone else about flat earth without expecting me to do all the research for you. I tried to get top gun, Tunnelcat, and the other troll to do something and they refused. Just do that and don’t bother me.
I've talked with them before I ever spoke to you. Most of them are actually more reasonable than you, as they don't propose things like the entire sky being a hologram or 1700+ years of recorded history all being fake.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Neo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm I’m glad you finally talked with someone else about flat earth without expecting me to do all the research for you. I tried to get top gun, Tunnelcat, and the other troll to do something and they refused. Just do that and don’t bother me.
No one is going to do your own work for you. Either explain it yourself or stop posting about it.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Neo.

Just stop.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I'm trying but you keep talking.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I've talked with them before I ever spoke to you. Most of them are actually more reasonable than you, as they don't propose things like the entire sky being a hologram or 1700+ years of recorded history all being fake.
It's not a hologram.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:39 am

It's not a hologram.
Or whatever word you would use for it.