Affirmative Action

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Affirmative Action

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:51 pm Hallelujah to teachers like Top Gun.
this is the internet or are you just sucking up to him?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

There's this thing called respect. Something you don't have around here.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He's a science major. So am I. I'd rather see people who believe in and studied in the sciences actually teaching SCIENCE.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I'm guessing that by "political indoctrination" he means any science that contradicts his worldview.

Also, just because extraterrestrial life is likely to exist doesn't mean that it has visited Earth. But there are UFOs - as that just means flying objects that we can't identify. That doesn't mean they are alien spacecraft, though.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You should check out a show called: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. There's evidence now of a portal that goes to knows where at that place, along with U.A.P.'s and U.F.O.'s. Even the government is now interested. Someone or something is communicating on the 1.6 GHz band and it ain't us.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Don't worry woody, I only tell them that they're free to identify as cats once per week.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:12 pm
Neo wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:43 pm Why would God make someone LGBT or let them be made that way and then tell them about Adam and Eve and then tell LGBT people not to do that?
I love how you ask this and yet aren't self-aware enough to come to the obvious conclusion.
The obvious conclusion is that humans have a sin nature that they are born into. LGBT people can change but you all don't seem to believe it.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

So tell me Neo, when did you decide to be straight or cisgender?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:26 am So tell me Neo, when did you decide to be straight or cisgender?
One of his personalities is trans. The other is trans-phobic
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I challenge Neo to change into a gay man or even a woman.... and like it. Not gonna happen, is it Neo?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:18 am There's this thing called respect. Something you don't have around here.
Should I care and conform like you do?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:33 pm I'm guessing that by "political indoctrination" he means any science that contradicts his worldview.

Also, just because extraterrestrial life is likely to exist doesn't mean that it has visited Earth. But there are UFOs - as that just means flying objects that we can't identify. That doesn't mean they are alien spacecraft, though.
Don't know what world view you think I have but it would be wrong. Just what "Science" are you referring to?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:08 pm I challenge Neo to change into a gay man or even a woman.... and like it. Not gonna happen, is it Neo?
And how about those that do and then regret it?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransit ... rming-care

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:36 pm Don't worry woody, I only tell them that they're free to identify as cats once per week.
Wild cats or domesticated cats?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:10 pm You should check out a show called: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. There's evidence now of a portal that goes to knows where at that place, along with U.A.P.'s and U.F.O.'s. Even the government is now interested. Someone or something is communicating on the 1.6 GHz band and it ain't us.
I watched it a while ago. My take is that it was a show and nothing more.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:18 am He's a science major. So am I. I'd rather see people who believe in and studied in the sciences actually teaching SCIENCE.
Fancy that...so am I.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:06 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:18 am He's a science major. So am I. I'd rather see people who believe in and studied in the sciences actually teaching SCIENCE.
Fancy that...so am I.
Pray tell, in what discipline? A BS in Q-Anon?
woodchip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:59 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:08 pm I challenge Neo to change into a gay man or even a woman.... and like it. Not gonna happen, is it Neo?
And how about those that do and then regret it?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransit ... rming-care
I wouldn't have regretted it all.

How about all the "normies" trying to convert gays back to straight and causing significant psychological trauma and damage? It's harmful and doesn't work. You first. Stop doing harm.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... be-illegal
woodchip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:05 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:10 pm You should check out a show called: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. There's evidence now of a portal that goes to knows where at that place, along with U.A.P.'s and U.F.O.'s. Even the government is now interested. Someone or something is communicating on the 1.6 GHz band and it ain't us.
I watched it a while ago. My take is that it was a show and nothing more.
You obviously haven't watched the more recent episodes. Plus, our military is now overflying the place at night and in broad daylight with their aircraft transponders turned off. Your tax dollars at work if it's a nothing place.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:57 am
Darth Wang wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:33 pm I'm guessing that by "political indoctrination" he means any science that contradicts his worldview.

Don't know what world view you think I have but it would be wrong. Just what "Science" are you referring to?
The science that says that:

- Anthropogenic climate change is real
- People are born LGBT
- Vaccines work

And anything else that your favorite right-wing talking heads disagree with.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Funny how we don't see Woody question the science behind how his truck works or how his guns shoot.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:30 pm
woodchip wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:06 am
Fancy that...so am I.
Pray tell, in what discipline? A BS in Q-Anon?
A BS in Zoology (Now they call it Integrated biology) with a minor in Geology from Michigan State and a year on a MS in Entomology before I got tired of school and dropped out. So once again you try to berate and ridicule, only to show your hate and foolishness. So what degree do you have and from what school?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Your professors would be rolling over in their graves if they could see just how pathetically ignorant of basic scientific consensus you've been almost the entire time I've known you.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:49 am Your professors would be rolling over in their graves if they could see just how pathetically ignorant of basic scientific consensus you've been almost the entire time I've known you.
Wow, so consensus has now become fact. I guess consensus like male can be girls and men have menstrual cycles and have babies is also fact. I can remember when you thought the border wall was preventing migration of animals. You didn't understand the difference between migration and range expansion

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:33 pm
Top Gun wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:49 am Your professors would be rolling over in their graves if they could see just how pathetically ignorant of basic scientific consensus you've been almost the entire time I've known you.
Wow, so consensus has now become fact. I guess consensus like male can be girls and men have menstrual cycles and have babies is also fact. I can remember when you thought the border wall was preventing migration of animals. You didn't understand the difference between migration and range expansion
If you actually knew anything about science, you would know that nothing is a 100% proven "fact" outside of pure mathematics, because the universe simply doesn't work that way. Even gravity isn't a proven "fact", but that doesn't make it a good idea to jump out a window because there's a near-zero chance you might not fall.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:33 pm Wow, so consensus has now become fact. I guess consensus like male can be girls and men have menstrual cycles and have babies is also fact. I can remember when you thought the border wall was preventing migration of animals. You didn't understand the difference between migration and range expansion
That answers my question, you cannot in fact go 10 seconds without being a bigoted piece of ★■◆●.

You know what the best thing is about the scientific method? It doesn't give a damn what people believe, or what their opinions are. It only cares about whether the objective and repeatable evidence from experiments disproves a hypothesis or not. (As Darth Wang noted, "a hypothesis cannot be proven as truth" is day 1 of most science classes, so you must have slept through that part.) If the evidence is overwhelming toward a certain conclusion, then said conclusion is the best explanation we currently have for the observed events. And the overwhelming evidence states very clearly that sex and gender are two entirely different concepts, and that in some people they are not the same. If you can't deal with that, then too bad, kindly ★■◆● off.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:44 am
If you actually knew anything about science, you would know that nothing is a 100% proven "fact" outside of pure mathematics, because the universe simply doesn't work that way. Even gravity isn't a proven "fact", but that doesn't make it a good idea to jump out a window because there's a near-zero chance you might not fall.
I see you have not yet posted your education credentials. Embarrassed?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:03 am
woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:33 pm Wow, so consensus has now become fact. I guess consensus like male can be girls and men have menstrual cycles and have babies is also fact. I can remember when you thought the border wall was preventing migration of animals. You didn't understand the difference between migration and range expansion
That answers my question, you cannot in fact go 10 seconds without being a bigoted piece of ★■◆●.

You know what the best thing is about the scientific method? It doesn't give a damn what people believe, or what their opinions are. It only cares about whether the objective and repeatable evidence from experiments disproves a hypothesis or not. (As Darth Wang noted, "a hypothesis cannot be proven as truth" is day 1 of most science classes, so you must have slept through that part.) If the evidence is overwhelming toward a certain conclusion, then said conclusion is the best explanation we currently have for the observed events. And the overwhelming evidence states very clearly that sex and gender are two entirely different concepts, and that in some people they are not the same. If you can't deal with that, then too bad, kindly ★■◆● off.
I see you too must be embarrassed about your education credentials also. Podunk U?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I didn't post them because they don't matter in the slightest. I have a B.S. in Physics, and that's all you need to know.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:54 am
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:44 am
I see you have not yet posted your education credentials. Embarrassed?
Can you actually respond to what I say for once?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

No, he cannot.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:33 pmI guess consensus like male can be girls and men have menstrual cycles and have babies is also fact.
It's weird you care about this, a thing that doesn't affect you in the slightest. Kinda creepy and perverted actually.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TheWhat wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:48 pm I take issue with some of that Annie Richards thing chart. I'm not saying I'm correct, I just think the deep state (on some level) isn't that far out. I mean I hope so since our president isn't like with it - I hope there are protocols in place. The Illuminati isn't that crazy, the extent in which the world is affected by them can't be proven but I would believe that powerful families and relationships have influence; look at fraternities at colleges, those dudes always make deals and get each other (and each others' children) internships and jobs. I saw it all the time working in the financial industry - "summer interns!" always had familiar last names to executives and upper management - there are systems and it's not "not in touch with reality" it IS REALITY- it's not even always wrong, family business is ancient business practice.

JFK was not shot by Oswald alone - I don't know that but it seems impossible given ballistic evidence. UFOs aren't crazy because there is no way that humans are the top of the food chain in the Universe - proof is Walmart on a Sunday afternoon.
But you can't believe in a flat moon? Right? Because that would be crazy?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And I have a BS in Geology. That's all woody needs to know. And I agree with vision. What in the hell is woody's fixation on genitalia and who's got what type? You worried you're gonna accidentally screw a boy or something or is it some other perversion?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Geology tells you about rocks but not about how to get one's rocks off.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Isaac wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:47 am
Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:26 am So tell me Neo, when did you decide to be straight or cisgender?
One of his personalities is trans. The other is trans-phobic
You mean because I believe in a ball moon? :)
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P