why is every thread posted by Woodchip?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

why is every thread posted by Woodchip?

Post by roid »

"Controlling the narrative" i think is what we call the technique.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: why is every thread posted by Woodchip?

Post by Tunnelcat »

Long time no see roid. No longer will woodchip grace us with his presence I guess. He didn't like the rules and claims he's quit the E&C. He apparently didn't like his potty mouth being censored. We'll see how long that vacation lasts though. Anyone want to place bets on how long he can resist before starting yet another needle the left because that's the only reason MAGA exists hate thread here? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Nah tbh that's of less interest to me (maybe later).

Just... why no-one did anything about over 95% of threads in a forum coming from 1 user, the ★■◆●?
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

(11minute video, uploaded 6 yrs ago. Part of a greater playlist)

and the very next video in the series: (12minute video, uploaded 6 yrs ago)
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I would not characterize him as alt-right. He's not as blatantly and unapologetically racist as they typically are.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

The “control the conversation” technique/tactic is incredibly annoying unless you are willing to dedicate your life to debating people about EVERYTHING. You can’t eat a blueberry muffin because it’s funna give you ass cancer, or that’s what soy boys eat, or this tribe is getting .005 cents less than the white farmers per blueberry bushel.

Screw that i got cats to feed
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 am I would not characterize him as alt-right. He's not as blatantly and unapologetically racist as they typically are.
Sure about that? He never, ever came out and flatly denied that he's a Neo-Nazi, unless I missed that in all his control the conversion rhetoric.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:42 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:02 am I would not characterize him as alt-right. He's not as blatantly and unapologetically racist as they typically are.
Sure about that? He never, ever came out and flatly denied that he's a Neo-Nazi, unless I missed that in all his control the conversion rhetoric.
Go to places like gab or gettr, or truth social (if you can stomach it) and see the kind of quotes they post.

For everything bad you can say about woodchip, I can safely say that he's not a Nazi, because I know what actual Nazis and their rhetoric sound like.

For that matter, Trump isn't a Nazi either (but he seemingly has no problem with courting their votes).
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Personally, I view woodchip as more in the Rush Limbaugh mold. A type of rhetoric that has a certain level of deniability, mostly keeping the quiet part quiet and such. But that's not really how the right wing information space works now, and if you're going to parrot mainstream right wing agitprop these days, you're going to sound a lot more virulent than back in the 90's.