D3 crash

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

D3 crash

Post by woodchip »

New fiasco. When I go into d3 single player 1st level I've had crashs to where the comp starts. I changed vid settings from gl and radeon 9700 as display driver to no gl and using primary display driver. Total restart computor both times. Never had this happen in win98 Mobius...so much for your perfect system Image

Oh and I have the Omega 2.5.14 drivers, clean install.
Partition is NTFS
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

2.5.14 or 2.5.04?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Jesus Woody, wtf did you do to that machine? I formatted to NTFS through Win2k that was already installed on a FAT32 partition (Not Good Image) then did the upgrade to XP Pro later on (meh, clean install is better) and STILL I have less problems then you...and this machine sucks.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Good morning Viet...er DBB! I think I may have to shut off "VPU recovery" in the omega ati console. I remember now omega posting that if games crash, turn off the VPU thingy.

Flip, 2.5.14

Ty, its the machine from hell Image
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

It appears it was the VPU Recovery thingy. Turned it off and I was able to play one whole level without a glitch. Now all all I have to do is get the stick and keypad setup and I'l be able to slaughter your sorry kiesters on line. Image

Thanks