Bush defines soveriegn...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Bush defines soveriegn...

Post by Will Robinson »

I don't really go for bashing him on his lack of speaking skills since I don't think he's as dumb as some people like to accuse him of being. At least I used to think so...

Did anyone catch his press conference today, I think it was for the minority press association or something like that. A reporter asked him to comment on his take on the relationship between the U.S. government and the American Indian Nations in the context of one sovereign nation to another. He prefaced it with Bush's unique perspective of having seen it from both a governors point of view as well as from a presidents.

I just want to say that his answer either came at the same exact moment he was having a flashback/headrush from party days gone by or maybe he is as dumb as a box of rocks!

His answer was something like: "Well sovereign means...you know, sovereign...like they are their own sovereign entity..."

It was embarassing to watch.
If the Kerry camp doesn't find a way to play that one back they aren't deserving of membership in the american political system.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I never was really enthusiastic about Bush...but look at the alternative. :)

Bush will go down as the golden Bozo that happened to bring the country together for a few months after 9/11. The real guys running the show for him at least went after bastards that attacked us- something that no democrat would have ever done. Had Gore been in power, the taliban would still be killing people in soccer stadiums and Saddam would be laughing his ugly fat ass off. Perhaps the first terrorist nuke detonated in history would have exploded on US soil.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Speech isnt nessesarly a measure of intelligence. However I too was embarrased by that and another slip up earlier in the week.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

To be fair, even though his lack of ability to speak off the cuff is well-known, he was facing a very hostile audience (journalists of color) who forgot they were supposed to pretend to be nonpartisan. Reportedly the group boo'ed Bush throughout his talk. I'm guessing it got him a bit flustered. It can be seen on CPAN for those interested.
Journalists attending the Unity conference in Washington gave Kerry loud applause when he appeared before them on Thursday, so Bush had little doubt about the group's political leanings when he agreed to talk to them.

Still, the derision that greeted some of his answers to their questions was a stark contrast to the fawning crowds Bush usually faces on the campaign trail.

Many in the crowd laughed when Bush struggled to answer a question about what tribal sovereignty means for Native American tribes in the 21st century.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... bush_dc_11
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Sometimes he reminds me of a battered wife afraid to speak spontaneously for fear her husband may disapprove.

I wish he had the guts to disregard the oppositions reaction and just say something like, "You know, that hasn't really come up on my radar yet. Why don't you follow up with me and lets explore that a bit. I'll have the staff make an appointment for you...blah, blah, blah...."

I don't want another first rate liar like the 'Slick One', just someone who isn't afraid of simply being himself.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

Here's a recent one I liked but it wasn't worth posting until this opportunity:

July 20 -- NEWSWEEK reports that George W. Bush, appearing before a right-to-life rally in Tampa, Florida, on June 17, stated:

"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."

Bush repeated his error at least a dozen times, before realizing that he had used the word 'feces" when he meant to say "fetus." ...
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

i got a clothes hanger for your feces, genghis.
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

As quoted in the Vancouver Sun Friday Aug 6.
During a ceremony to sign a $417 billion dollar defence spending bill.
"Our enemys are inovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

:roll:
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

That's funnier than you think, Beefis, because I knew a gay couple that would keep a clothes hanger near the commode due to larger-than-pipe spec feces. :oops:
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

bash wrote:That's funnier than you think, Beefis, because I knew a gay couple that would keep a clothes hanger near the commode due to larger-than-pipe spec feces. :oops:
Thanks for the mental image as I sit here with my morning coffee and miniature banana loaf bread! :D
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

ACK!! I acutally considered posting about the contradiction in what little I know of gay sexual practices and the unlikelyhood of pipe/feces ratios being such as to require a coat hanger.
ACK! I just did!! What a bizarre start to a day. I'm going back to reading the comics. :o
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Genghis wrote:Here's a recent one I liked but it wasn't worth posting until this opportunity:

July 20 -- NEWSWEEK reports that George W. Bush, appearing before a right-to-life rally in Tampa, Florida, on June 17, stated:

"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."

Bush repeated his error at least a dozen times, before realizing that he had used the word 'feces" when he meant to say "fetus." ...
Et tu, Genghis? ;)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... speech.htm
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

owned! I even did a google search on it before posting, but didn't bother actually following any of the google links. It didn't seem like such a stretch that he'd misspeak thusly.

Apologies for spreading disinformation!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hey Genghis ... I head both Bush and Kerry are going to be in town next week. :P

Not a time to drive around. The last time we had something like this happen all sorts of weird stuff happened. .. like a freekin full moon or something.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Genghis wrote:Apologies for spreading disinformation!
Never apologize. Untrue or not, the humor value alone was worth it.