I've been kicked out of Varicrose

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

I've been kicked out of Varicrose

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I was kicked out for not cooperating in CTF.
This is the first time that I was kicked out in a multiplayer game.

here it goes. I have the flag(red) and For a while, I was kicked out! what should I do? I tried to cooperate in CTF.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

How exactly were you "not cooperating"?
XeonJr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by XeonJr »

play ctf? :P
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Try scoring?
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

I've been banned too. I was doing pretty well at base defense (49 kills 7 deaths) and the server said ":)" and banned me. I'm still banned too.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I havnt been banned from the GTW server yet, but I actually dont play there much, and normally when I do it is with a pretty tough croud.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Testiculese wrote:Try scoring?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Gooberman wrote:
Testiculese wrote:Try scoring?

Scoring is fine, but unless you're causing some kinda hidious problem NOT Scoring, I don't see why anyone should be banned for that reason.

All in all guys, if the server mod is being that @nul, I would avoid the server. That's just stupid.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

If I was playing competitively and I worked my ass off returning our flag to our base, and our flag runner was somewhere wondering around or doing anything besides hauling ass back to our base to cap. I would ban him too :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I remember playing in a server and was doing good and the guy I was playing against was tired of me winning so he told his brother to ban me and he did. This may be the server, can't remember. If it is, don't do good or you'll be banned. I would suggest just not playing on it and showing him that he's not wanted here.
whuppinboy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by whuppinboy »

quit whining
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I play on the GTW server quite a bit, and I've never been banned. It can be really frustrating to a team if they're going all out to win and their flag carrier is off chasing butterflies somewhere, oblivious or uncaring. It's a team game, and it's important to play it like anarchy as such.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

He said he had the flag, and apparently was off running into walls, I was just offering advice. :)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Dark Falcon
Don't apologize for anything. It's the admin's fault, not yours.
Bettina
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

My 5 year old son got banned from VV too !... (he flies as JayeyeM, Genuis9 or Flyboy5). Then my IP was allowed back the next day however.

This probably happened since his skills aren't up to par with the elite pilots who were playing. But he does know how to score, plays to "help" his team mates, he even chooses a Phoenix to play in VV. And he loves Halcyon CTF. Poor guy, at 5 years old he can't read the typed messages, so he probably missed the team's messages such as "SCORE" .. ! or HElp !...

Ah well no offence taken .. ! He just went onto Halcyon, and wailed away in there !

But will the server Op. of the VV server tell us what's up in this thread ?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Cool new avatar bet!
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Stop playing VV.
Vertigo
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo »

^^ he has a point
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

I got a compliment in VV late last night, same VV server as above ( 208.207. .. etc etc):

I was called a hacker ! .. by some noob called Sub Atomic .. ! This poor shredded pilot said I had an "Aim hack".. ?! Lol !

And after all this whining about it for 15 minutes of more, falsely acusing me and getting others to believe I had "aim hacks" amongst every other possible hack ( .." Flag Hack), the server quit ?

Now could there be a connection..? Would teh VV server OP shut down the game based on nonsense accusations from a bunch of Noobs ? "Woodi" was another pilot that was there too, and some other pilot with an "A___" in his name, all witnesses to my awsome skills in a Phoenix. I do not even know how to hack, unless flying a Phoenii is considered a hack..(?!).

So is the VV serever op getting his panties in a knot? .. Banning some of us, and then believing noobs who can't live with net lag and such, and shutting down the server ..?

Boh ..? no skin off my nose, but I can only hope I missed the sarcastic humor in all of Sub-Atomic's complaints..! You were joking, right, Sub-Atomic?
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Sometimes there are people who deserve a damn good whack in the head.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If the guy is carrying the flag for more then 2 minutes without dieingâ?¦itâ??s prolly not a very seriously completive game anywayâ?¦jmo

If you can kill your opponentâ??s flag bearer enuf times in a row without your own flagman scoringâ?¦maybe heâ??s trying to make a statementâ?¦

I once held the flag in a game where the sides were just too one sided just to make a point.

Bah on flag anywayzâ?¦. unless itâ??s a formal game that isâ?¦:)

Spiâ?¦.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

You only play noobs, Spidey, how would you know. I've held the flag for 15 minutes in a VERY competitive game. And have had several such games.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Testiculese wrote:You only play noobs, Spidey, how would you know. I've held the flag for 15 minutes in a VERY competitive game. And have had several such games.
x2
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

Likewise. It's possible to hold the flag for a very long time if both teams are equally matched (both teams have a solid defense and aren't letting their flagbearer get shot at). I know I've killed at least 15 people in a row incoming to the base while I was holding the flag. It's not hard; marker-->see-->predict-->kill.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

â??You only play noobsâ?
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

x3
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

x3
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Clayman wrote:
STRESSTEST wrote:
Testiculese wrote:You only play noobs, Spidey, how would you know. I've held the flag for 15 minutes in a VERY competitive game. And have had several such games.
x2
x3
x4
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

If I get banned from a server for doing something that I beleive is right I probably wouldn't want to play with those assholes again anyways.

Just write down they IP and get your minions to do a DDOS attack on them. (even though I have absofartly no idea what a DDOS is)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Distributed Denial Of Service attack, means you get 10,000 computers to pingbomb them.
World War Woodi
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by World War Woodi »

El Ka Bong wrote:I got a compliment in VV late last night, same VV server as above ( 208.207. .. etc etc):

I was called a hacker ! .. by some noob called Sub Atomic .. ! This poor shredded pilot said I had an "Aim hack".. ?! Lol !

And after all this whining about it for 15 minutes of more, falsely acusing me and getting others to believe I had "aim hacks" amongst every other possible hack ( .." Flag Hack), the server quit ?

Now could there be a connection..? Would teh VV server OP shut down the game based on nonsense accusations from a bunch of Noobs ? "Woodi" was another pilot that was there too, and some other pilot with an "A___" in his name, all witnesses to my awsome skills in a Phoenix. I do not even know how to hack, unless flying a Phoenii is considered a hack..(?!).

So is the VV serever op getting his panties in a knot? .. Banning some of us, and then believing noobs who can't live with net lag and such, and shutting down the server ..?

Boh ..? no skin off my nose, but I can only hope I missed the sarcastic humor in all of Sub-Atomic's complaints..! You were joking, right, Sub-Atomic?
I didnt think you were cheating, I just thought you were damn good. I've seen alot of people deadly accurate with the MD, I think they have just practiced thier butts off. I would like to know thier sensetivity settings for thier controls because I just cannot seem to aim the damn thing worth a crap yet, perhaps my senstivities have something to do with that, lol or experience more likely.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

All right! Fresh blood! :P Welcome to the DBB woodi! :D
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

woodi wrote:I've seen alot of people deadly accurate with the MD, I think they have just practiced thier butts off. I would like to know thier sensetivity settings for thier controls because I just cannot seem to aim the damn thing worth a crap yet, perhaps my senstivities have something to do with that, lol or experience more likely.
The key to MD skills: Practice, practice, practice. The key to MD evasion: "The drunken Pilot" ;)
Praetorian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Praetorian »

Gooberman wrote:If I was playing competitively and I worked my *** off returning our flag to our base, and our flag runner was somewhere wondering around or doing anything besides hauling *** back to our base to cap. I would ban him too :)
That is exactly the point Goob, at least on that server.

For the rest of you, I have spoken with that server on several occasions and the jist is:

The server has serval monitors that play in there at different times with the ability to kick or temporary ban, swap peeps teams, restart, pause, end, etc... The monitors look for the obvious hacks such as rapid fire fusion and wall hacks.

The monitors cannot permanently ban. Note that only the actual hacks get banned permanetly and it takes usually three times getting warned and banned temporary for that to happen.

They also look for those sitting in observer mode too long and when the observer doesn't respond they get kicked as an attention getter. Deliberate Talent stacking is frowned on as it makes the game boring and one sided. IE 7 on 7 on a 14 player level and one changes to the opposite team and refuses to go back.

All Pilots that have a kick or temp ban thrown on them are contacted by the server while in the game before the action occurs.

I was told that server was put up to play CTF and play it hard, NOT Anarchy with a flag and not grab asrse with your team.

So, if you are on that server and your flag is gone I would suggest that your whole team get out there and get your flag back because you can't score if 5 out 6 won't leave their side of the map, especially if the 6th player is the flag runner.

Damn I miss intense large map CTF.