Got Halo 2 Last Night!!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Got Halo 2 Last Night!!!

Post by Nexus_One »

Well, I waited outside for almost 2 hours to get the game last night, and I'm glad I got there when I did. I only had about 70 people in front of me, and about 200 behind me. There were even tailgaters out last night waiting for the game.

The game itself is nothing short of amazing, the graphics are easily the best I've ever seen on a console. The AI works awesome too, you can even hear the enemies talking about doubling back on your position, and then they do it with great precision. The game ain't easy, but well worth the wait last night. Even the cinematics are bumped up from the last game, and the story is prety damn cool too. Hands down the best game I've ever played.

Anyone else played it yet? Anyone else freeze their butt off last night for it?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

LOL!
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Whats the big deal with halo? Is it a good game?
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

IS IT A GOOD GAME???? diD YOU JUST SAY IS IT A GOOD GAME?

i have no clue.

AI is good eh? lol.. probably gonna be the first game im gonna buy since d3...
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Just got home...limited edition halo 2...must play.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

i heard the game itself, outside the multiplayer experience, is baaaad
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

My only gripe with online is that it takes FOREVER to join a game.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

yeah, i waited on average 5 minutes for a game to start. i chalked it up to not many people having it at 2 a.m. eastern last night. i hope i was right
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Don't think so. This was at 7:00 this evening. :(
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

All my classes were more than half empty today. The cafeteria was deserted. The campus was like a ghost town.

The pizza delivery people were working nonstop. And there were about 20 people jammed into a room upstairs playing freaking Halo2.

Good grief, all you people are psycho.
JazzyJet
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JazzyJet »

Sweet this game is pretty awesome. The XBOX Live system is pretty cool.
I'm JazzyJet on there so add me to ur list on XBox live so we can fight!! ARGHH!!
Instead of 3D game lets downgrade to a 2d game with killer graphics=)
(just kidding tho nothing could replace D3) but Halo2 is pretty rad.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I went to get it at Best Buy. In line to check-out, the 4 people ahead of me had a copy in their hands, and the three people behind me.

It was very sureal.
Asrale
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Asrale »

I'm not a Halo fanboy (don't even have an Xbox, not interested), but I ran across this great article at MSNBC on Halo 2's drawing power, and the craziness that went on in Times Square last night. :P A nice and funny read, check it out!
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Yup, I went to a Halo 1 tournement, celebrating the opening night at 10:00 P.M. Got trashed, hopped in line at about 11:30 P.M. Got mine at about 1:45 A.M. My buddy had a friend there so he had his almost right at midnight. He just walked around to the front. :P I could have had mine if I would have asked him to grab it for me :D Then I hit up Wallmart to buy a movie. Drove home and went to bed. Got up at 1:00 P.M. and headed over to my buds house for some co-op. He and I had planned to actually play it the night before but I was too out of it.

LOL, I also got stuck between two stoners and a guy claiming he had the original Star Wars reel. :D There were some straaaaange people there.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

yeah, was a total geekout at the eb games up here. i got lucky and stood next ot the only normal guy in sight. ;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

On another note, why did the mess up Legendary Mode for multi??!! That ticked me off. If your buddy dies, you die too and you have to start all over again!! I found that to just simply be annoying. It's called taking one for the team people!! You try not to die and sometimes you sacrifice yourself for your team-mate.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

that was always our strategy in coop too. we used the bait tactic almost exclusively in legendary. it sucks that its gone. legendary was the most fun, but without bait its way too hard.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Yeah, they said the trade off is that the check points are much much more forgiving then in Halo1.

It seems like after every battle you get one. Everytime I have died in SP I am just a room away from where I was.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Yep, it's also too easy in co-op if you play it on hero.

They really needed an option to disable that part of legendary. Just kept it as a side option.

I loved getting into a fist fight with Elites on legendary mode. They would last for quite a while at times. Sometimes we would play bait in a fistfight as well. One would piss him off and run, the other would punch the elite in the back while he was turned.

The dual weilding is kind of fun but I find myself sticking to the old school fighting with a single gun and a hand free to lob a grenade.

The needlers were also really dumbed down which is a plus and a minus. I liked the original quite well.

The Banshee is also screwed up. I love the new maneuvers but in multi they take out the fuel rod in multi and stick it on some weird button for single.

The fuel rod is also more like a stupid plasma gun. It was really dumbed down and was weak compared to the one in Halo 1.

I don't think I've even fought a gold elite thus far.

The swords are also weak compared to the old swords. I remember the ones in Halo 2 on a gold elite would make me turn tail and run for the hills. It had a center energy blade that could still hit you at a fairly long distance vs. the up close and personal sword here. The length and damage rate were much greater in the original.

And WTH happened to the scope on the pistol??!! I guess the pistol in the first game was an MD6 model but still....

At least in most levels for multi you get to use vehicles.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hmmm interesting Goob. I would rather have the checkpoints farther away. I don't mind playing through a bunch of rooms over again to get to the next checkpoint as long as the game is good and I can enjoy playing through those rooms. It's not like we don't have time to finish the game before the next one comes out anyway. :D
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

(The pizza delivery people were working nonstop. And there were about 20 people jammed into a room upstairs playing freaking Halo2.)

what kind of pizza?
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

beat it