Salt and Pepper

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Salt and Pepper

Post by woodchip »

Well since no one posted this I guess I will. Last mondays monday night football pregame commercial had a certain add loaded with sexual and racial innuendo.
When Janet Jacksons magnificant boob was exposed, while a bit trendy, had no real sexual overtones to it.
The MNF commercial failed decency on two levels:
One level was the female disrobing and jumping on the football player in a overt display of sex sells.
The 2nd level is the racial steriotype of black man and blond white woman. The whole ad was geared only to the purient mindset of juvenile males.
So the question here is...in the context of each situation which display (on a moral level)was worse?
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Is there a place that I can see the ad? My interest is purely intellectual of course! ;)
Couver_
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Couver_ »

Sports get to the coveted 18-34 y/o males catagory. That is the market where the big bucks roll in. I'm thinking it was an attempt at a crossover to get people to watch ABC's Housewives show as sex sells too.Janets boob was an accident.The intro was not. Hell wasn't there a show (NYPD Blue?)where they showed a lot more then that? It may have been distastefull to some but I can't see what the big deal is.

If I want to mix sex with sports I will just continue to wait for the low angle cheerleader shots on Saturday afternoons. :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Salt and Pepper

Post by Dedman »

woodchip wrote:..the racial steriotype of black man and blond white woman.
That's a steriotype? I thought it was called a party.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I've never seen the commercial, though I would like to view it for analytical purposes myself. :idea:
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I'm serious. WTF did it consist of?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TopWop:
Picture a locker room and a black football player suited up to hit the field. Up walks blond white babe in full seductive regalia that consists soley of a towel. To keep the jock from leaving she drops her towel and does the octopus on the jock.
Kinda get the picture?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I saw that and found it in no way offensive. Seriously, you see worse than that on daytime soap operas. And racially offensive? That's the most ridiculous claim of all. Some people need to just grow a pair.
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

You can see the clip at iFilm here. I surely don't see what the hysteria is all about. It's a pretty lame ad, but it wouldn't ever occur to me to be offended by it.

Nicolette Sheridan's facial plastic surgery is perhaps a little disturbing (still haven't figured out the appeal of injecting butt fat into your lips, but it seems popular in actorworld).
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

First off, she is an ugly ★■◆●.

Second, yea it was a bit racy. Its intent was to be funny or cute but its in bad taste, and one can see that and how its racist since its too close to the Kobe Bryant incident.
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Thanks Index!
I wish he was in the towel and she was in the uniform. Guess I'll just have to watch Any Given Sunday for some fine football player tush, I mean biting football satire.

Ha Ha Top Wop. When you are her age you will be crapping your pants if a woman even half that beautiful glances your way.

Really Woodchip. I'm beginning to think that something really weird happened here in my absence. Where's your sense of humor buddy? And who turned Sicky into a conservative? Sheesh! As for the interracial stuff, you need to get into town more Chippy.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

sheepdog wrote: Ha Ha Top Wop. When you are her age you will be crapping your pants if a woman even half that beautiful glances your way.
mayby you are right. Im a bit spoiled in my tastes. :P
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Top Wop wrote:
sheepdog wrote: mayby you are right. Im a bit spoiled in my tastes. :P
Uh Oh! Somebody's got a cute girlfriend! :)
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Thats what all the fuss is about? Come on! It was a cute little bit. Was funny too. Some of you guys need to get laid or something. Or atleast pull the, insert whatever it is here, out of your asses.

and some people call themselves adults...rofl. Sheepdog, more like a large collection of playboy pinups. ;)

I don't know what he's smoking, she's MILF material :P Well, atleast ONscreen ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

sheepdog wrote: Really Woodchip. I'm beginning to think that something really weird happened here in my absence. Where's your sense of humor buddy? And who turned Sicky into a conservative? Sheesh! As for the interracial stuff, you need to get into town more Chippy.
If you read my post it was only meant to be a comparison of entertainment values in televised football. As for me if some hot black chick wants to drop towel in front of me, she'll find out what "Shaft" is really about 8)

Better?
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

l
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

woodchip wrote: As for me if some hot black chick wants to drop towel in front of me, she'll find out what "Shaft" is really about 8)

Better?

Ha! That's my (dare I say it?) Woody! Such a good guy in your inimitable hardline militaristic way. ;)

:D @ Tyrrany and Kufyit.

There's no place like the DBB to get me chuckling as I go about my domestic engineer duties.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

sheepdog wrote:

Ha! That's my (dare I say it?) Woody! Such a good guy in your inimitable hardline militaristic way. ;)
Which gives me a double entendre chuckle also.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Anyone who has plastic surgery of any kind to me is ugle.
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

Top Wop wrote:Anyone who has plastic surgery of any kind to me is ugle.
Anyone who triple clicks a fat gag post of any kind to me is sille...
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

i can't believe this issue matters to anyone.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

I really fail to see the racism
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

**EDITED BY BIRDSEYE, PLEASE NO PR0N LINKZ**
Infamous Ingus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Infamous Ingus »

no racism there. 'dont blame the NFL either.

With Owen's humorous stunts over the past few weeks, what better for ABC to do than put him in a skit with the actress from "Desperate Housewives" in an attempt to spark more ratings for the new show.

heh

its all about ratings.

ratings folks.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

sheepdog wrote:
Top Wop wrote:Anyone who has plastic surgery of any kind to me is ugle.
Anyone who triple clicks a fat gag post of any kind to me is sille...
??? What are you taling about?
sheepdog
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sheepdog »

I am taling about your triple post of the "magazine cover."
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

That triple post was a result of the server not responding to my post for a whole 5 minutes until it finally woke up, but why you want to blame me for that is stupid at best.

A "fat" gag? Looks like you need glasses son.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

there is no racism in that commercial. at all. anyone who claims that is merely playing the race card in order to distract you.

you wanna know who complained about this? southern baptists. Most can't stand to see a white woman going after a black man (note the cross she wears) so they'll complain about indecencey. What did we see that was indecent? NOTHING. all we see is a naked back. big frickin deal. If that's considered indecent all we're gonna see now is female head.

Besides, it was aimed at MEN. and what do men like (in case you forgot)? sex.

It's not rocket science. and claiming indecencey is just retarded.
rasta
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rasta »

woodchip wrote:Well since no one posted this I guess I will. Last mondays monday night football pregame commercial had a certain add loaded with sexual and racial innuendo.
When Janet Jacksons magnificant boob was exposed, while a bit trendy, had no real sexual overtones to it.
The MNF commercial failed decency on two levels:
One level was the female disrobing and jumping on the football player in a overt display of sex sells.
The 2nd level is the racial steriotype of black man and blond white woman. The whole ad was geared only to the purient mindset of juvenile males.
So the question here is...in the context of each situation which display (on a moral level)was worse?
rasta
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by rasta »

WELLWOODCHIP ALL I CAN SAY IS THE ONLY RACIST IS YOU I SUPPOSE IT WOULD BE OK IF THEY WERE ALL AHITE GUYS THE USAUL THEN U COUD DRINK YOUR COFFEE IN PEACETHE ONLY REASON U GOT UPSET IS BECAUSE YOU AINT USED TO SEEING THAT SORT OF THING IN YOUR LIFE OR T.V. WICH GO,S TO SHOE HOW MUCH ITS BEEN HELD BACK IF ITS A STERIOTYPE LIKE YOU SAY THEN WHY DONT WE SEE IT MORE THATS THE QUESTION FOOL. BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU TRY TO SIT ON IT AND SQUASH IT. I CAN SEE UYOU NOW SPLUTTERING ON YOUR TEA AS YOU SAW IT HAHAHAHAA
ALL I CAN SAY IS IM FROM ENGLAND WERE THE CLEVER RACIST COME FROM NOT THE DUMB ASS ONE,S WHO THINK THEY CAN SWING OPPINION ON ON DBB FOOOL AS 4 THE SPELLING MISTAKES WICH IM SURE U WILL POINT OUT AS A LAST RESORT WEN TALKING 2 RETARDS TALK RETARD THATS WOT I SAY FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.[/quote]
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

erm.....Woody!! This ones yours. :P
Pebkac
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pebkac »

Next stop, rocket science.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

wtf...my necros are working overtime!

ImageImage

All I can say is atleast the dumb/racist Americans can manage to figure out which key is the capslock key and turn the thing the FVCK off! :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

rasta wrote:WELLWOODCHIP ALL I CAN SAY IS THE ONLY RACIST IS YOU I SUPPOSE IT WOULD BE OK IF THEY WERE ALL AHITE GUYS THE USAUL THEN U COUD DRINK YOUR COFFEE IN PEACETHE ONLY REASON U GOT UPSET IS BECAUSE YOU AINT USED TO SEEING THAT SORT OF THING IN YOUR LIFE OR T.V. WICH GO,S TO SHOE HOW MUCH ITS BEEN HELD BACK IF ITS A STERIOTYPE LIKE YOU SAY THEN WHY DONT WE SEE IT MORE THATS THE QUESTION FOOL. BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU TRY TO SIT ON IT AND SQUASH IT. I CAN SEE UYOU NOW SPLUTTERING ON YOUR TEA AS YOU SAW IT HAHAHAHAA
ALL I CAN SAY IS IM FROM ENGLAND WERE THE CLEVER RACIST COME FROM NOT THE DUMB *** ONE,S WHO THINK THEY CAN SWING OPPINION ON ON DBB FOOOL AS 4 THE SPELLING MISTAKES WICH IM SURE U WILL POINT OUT AS A LAST RESORT WEN TALKING 2 RETARDS TALK RETARD THATS WOT I SAY FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
[/quote]

Where to start. Any bets Rast be a dbb'r hiding behind a new moniker? Anyway I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
So Rasta, is "Rasta" like short for Rastafarian and like you been tokin too much of da ganja? From jolly old england to boot, so I guess that makes you an expert on american racial cliches. Of course, being from England you must not get out too much what with the govt. taking away a honest citizens right to bear arms and leaving decent citizens in fear for their lives from the armed criminal element. Alas I stray from the topic at hand.
The ad in question would not have racial overtones if the woman was a brunette or had mousey brown hair. The ad would not be racist if the football player was white and the chick was black wearing a blond wig (hmmm...one might want to think about that). How ever we have a black man pairing with a white "blond" chick in a scene straight out pre slavery days where a white woman secretly gets it on with one of the black field hands. The stereotypical image of black boy doing a blond white chick is so cliched as to define the racial divide in america. While the divide has narrowed substantially over the last 40 years, the scene of a white blond broad hustling a black man still evokes a mindset that black men secretly lust for white women so as to show they are not inferior to white men.
As to your spelling...it only shows you are not competent enough to use a spell checker.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

all this hub bub over nothing. the guy is a physical specimen... i'm sure a lot of women have there way with him. the MNF intro was not shockingâ?¦

the one thing you are all overlooking is the fact that most blonde women taste like they are made of 3% vinegar.
:P :P :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheCops wrote: the one thing you are all overlooking is the fact that most blonde women taste like they are made of 3% vinegar.
Maybe you should try tasting some blonde women that bathe regularly :wink:
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

um wtf lock plz thx
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

woodchip wrote:
TheCops wrote: the one thing you are all overlooking is the fact that most blonde women taste like they are made of 3% vinegar.
Maybe you should try tasting some blonde women that bathe regularly :wink:
i hear ya,
but if they bathe too much they say i don't make enough money.
:P
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Personally woody I think you read too much into it. Man/Woman, color makes very little difference between genders. Its no secret black men like white women. Just like some white guys like black women but most of us men just like women in general.

It really isn't that big of a deal.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

personally, i think woody is crackin' jokes at this point... shucks... i just hate dating asian women who can't legally get into bars.
:x