How do you get an IQ test?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

How do you get an IQ test?

Post by Topher »

I need to take an IQ test to gain entrance to some clubs I'm intereted in joining. But...I can't for the life of me find where I can take one. Anyone ever taken one before and could point me in the right direction? (FYI I live in Rochester, NY)
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

google "IQ test". There are a million out there, some good, some cheesy
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I think he's looking for a real IQ test, not an internet one that gives everyone 160's. Image Or is he? Image

I took one at some public elementary school, but that's probably because I was in public elementary school at the time.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

irony!
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

A lot links can be found here. I'd imagine you get into the clubs if you make it into the International High IQ Society. Image
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Any club that requires an IQ test must be either a Lord of the Rings fan-nerd club, or the chess club.

Nerd.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

"Mensa" would probably offer you a realistic IQ test. Contact them.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

Mensa sucks. They're a bunch of self-centered people who have no life and so join Mensa. Not all people even seem intelligent there.

I met members of Mensa twice, and after some serious conversation they were all over me with reasons to join their club, oooh, because they were impressed by my speech and reasoning skills. I took a Mensa test once at their 'recruiting' centers, and I think I came out 160-ish, but it was fun to blatantly reject the sign-up form, now that I proved I was 'worthy'. Hah.

Any club that selects on your IQ value sucks, imo. Even if you've an IQ of 200+, if you're a prick you're still a prick. And there are wonderful people with an IQ in the 90's.
ouch
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by ouch »

I don't like women who even know how to talk.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Tricord:
And there are wonderful people with an IQ in the 90's.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I lurb u two tri
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Honestly, I was thinking of Mensa. Not because I'm depressed and have no life, but because I could, kind of something to throw out at the person your dating Image.

The high IQ society is 95% percentile, Mensa is 98%, some others like Cerebrus are 99.7%. I don't think I could make it into anything higher than Mensa, but I'll wait and see what the test says.

Mensa testing is a pain to get though. They only test like twice a year and the next one is at earliest in March. Maybe I'll take the high IQ society test online and see what it says.

Thanks for everyone's help!

(And yes, this did start with a online pop-up ad saying something like "Take teh IQ Test!!!1")
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I'd stay away from such clubs. Mensa may be worldwide, I just don't like the idea that the intellectual elite should troup together just because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Mensa has no other purpose than give you a member card and an opportunity to meet new people. The former is irrelevant and the latter can be done anywhere, anytime. There's plenty of organisations and clubs out there that do something.

I've known you for a long time, you're a very bright person. You did stuff years ago most people your current age wouldn't be remotely capable of. Find some new interests and pursue them.

Hell, I ended up as a motorhead/car mechanic when I decided I had seen enough of PC's. Just do itâ?¢ Image
Even Sarge declared me crazy back then, but look at me now Image
D4Cougar
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by D4Cougar »

"something to throw out at the person your dating "

HAHAHAHAHA

Wow, I can see it now.

"Hey baby, wanna go for a date? I'm in MENSA. You KNOW that means good foreplay..."
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by D4Cougar:
"Hey baby, wanna go for a date? I'm in MENSA. You KNOW that means good foreplay..."</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, that was a joke. Image

It's not like I'm trying to join the darkside Tricord (an internship with Microsoft over the summer, if I get it, would be closer to that Image ) it was just something that I stumbled across that seemed like fun.

My interest with Computer Science House will almost always hold my interest, but I'm looking for some other clubs to join as well when the same old gets boring for a bit. Mensa seemed like a good one because it was sorta like "honors" for adults; I've always been a sucker for "hey, that's an academic/smart peoples group, it'll make me special!!".
Arch
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Arch »

Topher, actually, being a member of CSH doesn't make you special, it makes you dorky Image
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Topher > *
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Mensa sounds like some sort of feminine hygene product.
D4Cougar
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by D4Cougar »

"Mensa sounds like some sort of feminine hygene product."

HAHAHAHA

Good times.
T-Devil
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by T-Devil »

Topher-

You'll get farther with a girl by telling her that you are an Eagle Scout than you will with Mensa.

Mensa = Geek

Eagle Scout = Trustworthy (little do they know...)

Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

HAHAHAHA, yah, that would be like totally awesome. Almost as good as calling her by her AOL screen name in real life (I love you k3ttyx0r12....) Image