I used KROMS name.....

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

I used KROMS name.....

Post by Bet51987 »

Two nights ago I was beating up a player when he sent a text taunt and accused me of being KROM. I told him I wasn't, but he said "I always knew right from the beginning" that I was KROM. He wouldn't give up. Geez.... I told him to find KROM and tell him to join but he wouldn't.

Well, I got ticked, and left the game then came back in with the name KROM and beat him up worse than before. I purposely targeted him only and I think he's mad now.

I removed KROM as my pilot name and just wanted to say to KROM....sorry and I won't use it anymore....sorry.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I'm not paticularly attached to the alias Krom online anymore, it is only a forum handle, everyone knows I never use it anymore. Feel free to use it if it suits you.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I won't anymore anyway, but thanks for letting me off the hook. I was worried. :)

Bettina
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If the need ever comes up, I still won't complain if you do use it. ;)

Or if they want the real thing, see if someone can get ahold of me, I still do play once every couple months or so. :P
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

What's a real kick is playing as Crown. Then the accusations come from everywhere. You can even be having a shitty game, and you will get accused.

I think I've played more using other D3k/RoX members aliases then my own.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I play as Not Bettina sometimes.

"Who are you?" "I'm not Bettina."
D3Hack
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Hack »

ROFL!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

I play as Hostile's Nutsack
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

It does make me wonder tho, how badly has the average skill level slipped if someone can mistake Bettina for me? (no offense bett ;))
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

You were very good the night I used your name. :) He thought I was a boy, so I fought him as a boy. He's mad now. I even used "heh" instead of "hehe" and other boy stuff....

And I knew who you were Lothar...

Bettina
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

yeah bet, you've always known who I am... but some other people don't...
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Who are you again?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I played him again just now. He still thinks I'm not a girl and he wants me to swear on a stack of bibles that I'm not Krom..... Where did he get this Krom idea anyway.

I told him he can believe what he wants. I'm not going to swear to satisfy him.

Geez.....I just want to play, and anyway I got beat up bad by some guy named Zorro....he was fast.

Bettina
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

You think being mistaken for Krom is bad? Anyone remember when a number of people thought KodeKeeper and I were the same person? Yeeesh.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

LOL... just played him... bettina had to go, but I stuck around to pwn him for a while longer. After she left, he kept chatting instead of playing. Pestered us for like 5 minutes while we kept playing, so we finally asked him what his problem was. He asked if I knew Krom and if I knew Bettina.

I told him they're not the same person, and that I've met Krom in person and that there's no way bettina is him, but that she was using his name earlier in order to confuse him and posted it in a public forum so we could make fun of him. He didn't believe me. Instead he cussed me out.

What a n00b.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

lol, this sounds like more and more fun, I should join in sometime. ;)
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Maybe you sould start flying under "Bettina" just to really confuse the crap out of people! :D

KodeKeeper/Gavotte is one creepy individual. Did we ever determine that he was gay? At one point he sent me a an example of his masterful Photoshop work that was based on a photograph of him and his girlfriend making out on a couch. Whether it was true or not remains to be determined.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I just played in a game, and someone asked if I was Bettina.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

;)
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

.. yeah !?... when can I find you impersonators playing cross-pilot-dressing and flying in the wrong ship ..? maybe I'm on line too late, .. ? what time in PT zone..? ... and what levels were you in, btw..?
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

OMG I played as "Rand00d" this Friday and I got accused of not sucking...

...Later that same evening I found that I was banned from the server when I tried to join a game in progress.

Now, I need someone to call me Mikeduke and my life will be complete :\
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

OMG! how do you gys know about mikeduke? did he play D3? i thought he would have given up after D2. i swear, worst pilot in the history of descent, but the nicest and most determined guy ever.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

El Ka Bong wrote:.. yeah !?... when can I find you impersonators playing cross-pilot-dressing and flying in the wrong ship ..? maybe I'm on line too late, .. ? what time in PT zone..? ... and what levels were you in, btw..?
I don't know what PT zone is....Portugal?....anyway, I'm on sometime between 8:30 and 10:30PM DST and AH (After Homework). The only games lately are Skybox, Abend, and Stadium. I don't like VV.

Waiting 4 u

Bettina
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

mikeduke was a sweetheart. Descent was lucky to have him as a pilot.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

PT = Pacific Time.

VV can be a hard nut to crack, for a non regular. It has some real regulars--people who do nothing but hone their MD aim and flag running or camping. ;)

It's a blast, though, once you break your way in (having an able team helps). VV almost always guarantees a full-server game, late at night, in my experience (Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00), here).
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

That's why I don't like VV. I'm hiddeous with the MD. Always have been. I still give it a go once in a while.
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

TheCope wrote:mikeduke was a sweetheart. Descent was lucky to have him as a pilot.
Jonrod is a pretty decent fellow too. Doesn't talk much, but man he tries.

BD
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I like using Fusion in VV, so many of the regular pilots in there depend almost exclusively on MD they can have a suprisingly hard time countering Fusion or Quad Supers.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'm about 75,000 skill levels below you Krom, but I've noticed that same thing on occasion. :P I've been pretty successful in there flying a GL and using Fusion; it seems as though some people don't know what to do when you get right in their face. I've gotten at least decent with the MD in there, but I still don't like it that much; I get bounced around with it much more than I bounce other people. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Heh, I haven't been playing enough lately to the point where I'm probably cannon fodder with MD in VV right now. It would not be a pretty sight if I tried to fly in there right now.

But yeah; using a different weapon switch can really throw a wrench in the gears of people who play a lot in one level using one type of weapon. That's why it's good to play a variety of levels and try not to depend on a single weapon for kills.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Yeah dude Mikeduke was awesome. That dude was everywhere - every public game I was in I always remember seeing him in there getting just blown away. But he never complained or anything. He was one of the first people I can remember playing against.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Well, last night I played him again, and he was calling me all kinds of names and still said I was Krom. Then the others started fighting with him and he wasn't short of comments

He wanted to know the truth, so I told him I was "Mrs Krom". (I hope Krom is a good husband) :)

Now he started calling me a lesbian, old man, fag, and a few other things too. He never used the fword, so he's ok with me. I had a lot of fun.

More of you guys should play.

Bettina
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

More of you guys should play.
Yeah, I'm almost missing it. Reading threads like these is about as much fun as playing though.
It does make me wonder tho, how badly has the average skill level slipped if someone can mistake Bettina for me?
I wondered that when I would occasionally get mistaken for you. Sure, I used to be fairly good, but I knew my place in the pecking order, and it ain't on top. Seems like it's at a new low now.
anyway I got beat up bad by some guy named Zorro....he was fast.
If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he used to whore vauss in stadium all the time. One-trick-pony, from what I recall.
when can I find you impersonators playing cross-pilot-dressing and flying in the wrong ship ..?
Too late, you missed me last year. ;)
OMG! how do you gys know about mikeduke? did he play D3? i thought he would have given up after D2. i swear, worst pilot in the history of descent, but the nicest and most determined guy ever.
He was still around when I was playing, albeit not that often. I'd agree with that ascessment of him.
VV can be a hard nut to crack, for a non regular. It has some real regulars--people who do nothing but hone their MD aim and flag running or camping.
Yeah, and I've been guilty of both at one time or another. I've spent a large amount of time in there, but nothing compared to some. Some pilots have probably spent a year of their lives in there, like say Warpig^BoTS^
Jonrod is a pretty decent fellow too. Doesn't talk much, but man he tries.
Could say the same about Neuron and a number of others.
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Help

Post by Mickey1 »

We won't get better if you don't come back and give us a reason to get better. We will just have to settle for fun.
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

I should reinstall and come in as ZOD and just start ripping some new @ssholes left and right, taunting, typekilling, and just being as irritable as I can possibly be.

Just to teach you panty wearing pansies a lesson.
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

Admiral Thrawn wrote:I should reinstall and come in as ZOD and just start ripping some new @ssholes left and right, taunting, typekilling, and just being as irritable as I can possibly be.
you'd have a hard time surpassing Killgood :P
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

i pea in t3h sink!
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Mikeduke played a ton when D3 first came out. He had something like 360 ladder matches in November of 1999.
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Peas in a pod

Post by Mickey1 »

I went commando when I got jungle rot in Phu Hip in '69 but I'll take one of those lessons. Ha Ha Ha KaBoom!
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

HaAGen DaZS wrote:i pea in t3h sink!
rofl!!! now that was a good time!