Ronald Reagan Quotes

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Ronald Reagan Quotes

Post by Dedman »

I got this from a friend of mine. I donâ??t usually share spam, but this one seemed share worthy. I hope you enjoy.

Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
- Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
- Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong."
- Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S Congress."
- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
- Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
- Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
- Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program."
- Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."
- Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
- Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
- Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
- Ronald Reagan
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Good find, I enjoyed reading it ... thx for posting it.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

First one is the best.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I like #10.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Nice quotes.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Good quotes!
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Nice to hear from Ron again.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

(Y)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

am i allowed to say that i disagree? i dunno, it'd kinda put it into E&C territory.
scottris
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by scottris »

Yeah.. There are some good quotes there. Also a few I have issues with. Several I'd like to comment on. I'm going to assume though that since this was posted in the Cafe and not E&C that I'm not expected to reply with anything more than a one-line "good quots kthxbye". ;)

Just as well. I really need to get back to work. This board is too friggin distracting.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

"Reagan SMASH! Reagan SMASH! Reagan SMASH!...Reagan sleepy."

(Family Guy anyone?)
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

scottris wrote:Yeah.. There are some good quotes there. Also a few I have issues with. Several I'd like to comment on. I'm going to assume though that since this was posted in the Cafe and not E&C that I'm not expected to reply with anything more than a one-line "good quots kthxbye". ;)

Just as well. I really need to get back to work. This board is too friggin distracting.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Hey man, comment as you will. If that puts it into E&C territory so be it. I posted the quotes because I thought some of them were funny.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

ok
Ronald Reagan wrote:Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
yes this is funny, and bears a resemblance to the "there's 2 colours in this world: good and evil" comedic style of George W Bush.
Ronald Reagan wrote:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
Regan deemed some parts of the economy unfit for this "tax it, regulate it, subsidize it" mantra, some drugs were illegal while others were excluded into another catagory that perhaps should have been at the end of that quote: "if it's part of a counterculture, criminalise it".
a quick google wrote:The 1980's saw an enormous backlash against the use of cannabis, on a similar scale to Anslinger's campaign, and possibly with the same motivation. The Republican Reagan/Bush Administration launched an enormous campaign against drug use, spearheaded by the president's wife Nancy, under the slogan "Just Say No". The campaign, and others like it, was funded largely by tobacco and pharmaceutical companies.
the rest of it, most of it was cool.
especally liked the "wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting" bit :lol:
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
- Ronald Reagan
That pretty much sums it all up.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Beowulf wrote:"Reagan SMASH! Reagan SMASH! Reagan SMASH!...Reagan sleepy."

(Family Guy anyone?)
Which episode? I dont remember that one...