chimp steals the peach

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

chimp steals the peach

Post by Hahnenkam »

On CNN.com, regarding a man attacked by two chimps: "His testicles and a foot also were severed"

Ouch.

Reminds me of Monkey Steals the Peach
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

ouch... owned.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

How long does it take a chimp to knaw off a foot? Were they wailing on this guy a while? Damn.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Dedman wrote:How long does it take a chimp to knaw off a foot? Were they wailing on this guy a while? Damn.
Yeah no ★■◆●. How about the dude's testicles... O_o;
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

chimps can have up to 5 times the strength of a man, its bite is probably just shy that of a gators. Its also possible no teeth were involved with the foot.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

fliptw wrote:chimps can have up to 5 times the strength of a man, its bite is probably just shy that of a gators. Its also possible no teeth were involved with the foot.
Yeah, seeing as the guy was what...62? I don't think it would've taken the chimp much to just rip it right off.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

MD-2389 wrote:
fliptw wrote:chimps can have up to 5 times the strength of a man, its bite is probably just shy that of a gators. Its also possible no teeth were involved with the foot.
Yeah, seeing as the guy was what...62? I don't think it would've taken the chimp much to just rip it right off.
Have you seen the guy? He was a very large man. I don't know that a chimp could just rip his foot off. I could be wrong though.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Chimps are nothing to tangle with.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yoe have to show monkeys and apes you are the boss or they will think you, well....the suk. Working with a guy who raised exotic animals, I was hold a short tail macaque monkey when the thing bit me and jumped away. The owner said I had to show the macaque I was the alpha male. Well, for me, thats pretty easy. The owner gave me the beast a second time and yup, the monkey thought he was going to make a monkey ( :wink: ) out of me and in a way he did...he tried to bite me again. I had him by the leash and with my free hand I slapped the dog snot out of him. The monkey became real friendly like at that point in time...until I put him back in the cage. Guess the monkey felt all protected like in the cage 'cause he immediately tried to get at me. The owner said I was going to have to get the apeshiat back out of the cage or the monkey would think that he could still snowjob me.
Cage door was just big enough to get my head, shoulders and arms through the door. Soon as I opened the door and stuck my head in, bozo came at me again. I was still simmering after the first episode so I slapped 'em around like a redheaded stepchild. After that, simian and I got along.
It is true that adult chimps are quite strong. I remember a story about a professional wrestler who had a pet chimp that attacked one day. The wrestler said it was the worst fight he had ever been in, but the guy did subdue the chimp. In short, don't play PETA games with these things. Kick 'em, smash 'em with your fist, even grab a crowbar if it is handy. Just don't think you're going to arm wrestle a chimp and win a beer.
Ned
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ned »

OH MY GOD, I am almost crying with laughter woodchip!
Ned
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ned »

Dude, I do have sad update though. The guy lost all of his fingers, an eye, his lips, etc.:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/07/chimp. ... index.html
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Tried to reason with it? I'll reason with it...with a 12-guage.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Yoe have to show monkeys and apes you are the boss or they will think you, well....the suk. Working with a guy who raised exotic animals, I was hold a short tail macaque monkey when the thing bit me and jumped away. The owner said I had to show the macaque I was the alpha male. Well, for me, thats pretty easy.
You are, Eric Cartmen. Did you yell out "respect my authoritah!"?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Ned wrote:Dude, I do have sad update though. The guy lost all of his fingers, an eye, his lips, etc.:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/07/chimp. ... index.html
That is seriously messed up. As a side note, how long do you think it is until someone from PETA complains about the chimps in question being shot and killed? :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tried to reason with them? How PC. Liberal apologist politicians take heed.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

St. James Davis, 62, lost all the fingers from both hands, an eye, part of his nose, cheek, lips and part of his buttocks in the ferocious attack, his wife said on NBC's "Today Show." She also said one of his feet was mutilated. A Kern County Sheriff's commander also said his genitals were mauled
Sounds like they literally ripped him a new a$$hole.
Ned
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ned »

I think I would call it quits after that

dont want to recover
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

And the moral of the story is: DON'T KEEP WILD ANIMALS AS PETS - NOR TREAT THEM LIKE PEOPLE!

N.B. a chimp raised entirely in captivity is STILL a wild animal, and I find it quite easy to believe that many chimps raised in captivity are literally insane, and a prone to attacks.

Honestly, you've got to be an idiot to have a chimp, gator, tiger etc as a pet. These are NOT domestic animals - and no matter how many years they've spent in the company of humans, they can still turn on you and kill you at any time.

A friking birthday cake? I mean WTF? Like a "birthday" has any meaning to a chimp. That's the worst kind of anthropomorphisation.

I have sympathy for the guy, but frankly, am amazed it didn't happen many years ago.
Ned
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Ned »

yeh, instincts are like little bits of firmware.

An animal is pretty domesticated for a while, then something hits that code trigger, then bad news, it's going to play out until returning to conditioned ways

The guy's chimp bit a woman's finger off years earlier. Usually diehard animal lovers just start asking "what she did wrong?" and don't get very sympathetic. To a very diehard animal lover, the human is always wrong in any attack. You make the most sense: realize they are not us. Period.

All Hail Mobius Maximus