D3 Sound Problems

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

roncli
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D3 Sound Problems

Post by roncli »

Anyone know what could be the cause of sound problems in D3 where the sounds skip? For instance, when you hold down afterburner, the sound is dragged out. Or for fusion, you're dead by the time the sound would indicate you're fully charged because it's skipping and just dragging out...

I'm running a SB Audigy, and I *just* installed new drivers from soundblaster.com today in the process of fixing my machine. I can't imagine what I could be missing...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Change the sound quality settings. Also check and make sure it is using the correct device in the launcher.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

Change sound quality to LOW. High Quality sound in D3 is Low Quality sound! o_O

Change "Simultaneous Voices" to 1024, and increase simultaneous WAVE OUT devices to 64 - this in your audio drivers.

Now you're rocking!
roncli
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by roncli »

Krom wrote:Change the sound quality settings. Also check and make sure it is using the correct device in the launcher.
Ah, that reminded me to reduce hardware acceleration in the Multimedia control panel a notch.

Thanks, it's all running fine now. :)
roncli
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by roncli »

Bleh. The sound's started up again. It seems to be only on things like fusion and the afterburner. Taunts play normally, as do most other sounds.

Ideas? :?