my goddamn rant for the month

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Phoenix Red
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

my goddamn rant for the month

Post by Phoenix Red »

Alright, so hereâ??s the situation.

My uncle was recently separated from his girlfriend of 9 years (I bet you can already see where this is going). Iâ??m not going to claim I know him really well, but I have a tremendous respect for him. Heâ??s the kind of guy who works a 20 hour day when heâ??s too sick to eat, because he has to, without complaint. He works in construction. Weâ??re similar in personality, and when weâ??re alone together thereâ??s a sort of unspoken understanding between us. I donâ??t know how to clarify that but letâ??s just say it makes this important to me.

I want you to know in advance, because Iâ??m about to start bitching, that I always really liked this girl. She was friendly, cheerful, and considerate. Genuinely likeable. I never saw this coming. My parents place the blame on her mother, who has always hated my uncle and manipulates her (or so Iâ??m told, I havenâ??t met said mother). I hold only an impersonal regret for the failed relationship; itâ??s not my business, itâ??s just a shame. They were both in love with each other.

But, the backstory. When this relationship began, my uncle was the hard-working construction worker he still is. She was a university student without a job. He was living with his mother and his girlfriend was living in a tiny 1-room apartment. There was never a formal moving in, he just started sleeping there when it was closer than his â??other homeâ?
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

if you want a real answer post this on something awful. the descentbb is a cute place... but it has a really limited reach.

oh, happy free day off from work.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Just FYI, there is a venting thread in the NHB for posts like this.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

How does she have any rights to any of it? Did they married?
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

Some states have commen law marraige - I am in Minnasota and it exists here after the couple spends 7 years {I think 7} together. This applies to M/F, M/M and F/F, simply living together qualifies anyone for this.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

90 days here.
Yes folks after just 3 months of common law relationship, a woman can take you for at least half of everything you've got.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

hahahah!
how are you supposed to be a good whore with a 90 day rule? that's retarded.
Stupid
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stupid »

I feel sorry for your uncle.... The situation sounds similar to that which my dad went through with his last wife. They were married for 10 years, and when they got married, she was still in college (to be a teacher). After the 10 years, she had managed to stash at least $20,000 in the bank accounts of her two daughters (hidden from my dad, of course). Thankfully, since she's the one that decided to divorce him, and she already had a crapload of money that should have been the both of theirs, she didn't want to take anything else (of course, he owns 84 acres of prime, forested area, which is worth quite a bit of money). She still tore his heart up, though, and now he's dating a woman that is literally insane (keep calling the cops, saying he's hitting her, then the cops show up, and he's the one that has had the crap kicked out of him). Oh... forgot to mention that this woman has been admitted into mental facilities multiple times... yet he still says he loves her.... Oh well. And he wonders why I don't hang around him much....
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

There are ways to avoid this. Your uncle wasn't smart enough to investigate or use any of them.

There's a sucker born every minute, and your uncle happens to be one of them.

Sad, but true.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

At least his uncle doesn't post pictures of his girlfriend on the Internet every time he gets laid. (roughly once every 6-8 months)

[edit] in all seriousness though, the fact of the matter is that women can be heartless and ungrateful, and a lot of them feel that the world owes them something. It's a sad story, but sometimes a mood swing and a decision made on a whim can crush another person.