banned...

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

banned...

Post by Spaceboy »

i got banned from pretty much the only veins server up...

somone in the game started flamin me with lots of cussing and stuff like that... wont mention names... but anyways i flamed him back (without swearwords!!)(getting better =O) anyways... the server made a threat about banning ME... and he had previously banned a noob that was just flying around with blue lasers... and the game had 9\12 people. he said the noob was taking up space.
so all i said was
"if your gonna be serious about banning people, dont be so biased about it"
... i got a good argument there i think.
right after he banned me, and i dont think hes gonna let up cause he obviously has some previous hate towards me.
help...
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6238

Seriously, find somewhere else to play.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

ok... found out the servers nybro... somone...thers 50 servers out there, and hes the only one who runs veins.
somone who has a server that rarley gets played... consider switchen to veins?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Only over my dead body :P That level sux. Maybe original Veins if I remember to change the server next time I see the machine.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

really tho... until then it kinda shks for me and a few other peeps whove been banned...
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

a ban never stopped me from playing any level i wanted. why you?
Warmaster
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Warmaster »

i dont have much to say but i would like to quote will robinson... this i find very true:

"Authority brings out the worst in a$$hats. At least it's just control of a game server that's got his ego penii all erect and not a shiny new law enforcement badge Wink"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

no kiddin war...
Inari
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Inari »

Hmm...........

>_>
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

do you think the server frequents these forums? Sucks that he acts like that with authority but veins sucks anyway. :P
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I make a point of thanking a server for his time and generousity of hosting the game I love so much if they are around.

Being lippy and and an A**hat gets you banned.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

Canuck wrote:I make a point of thanking a server for his time and generousity of hosting the game I love so much if they are around.

Being lippy and and an A**hat gets you banned.
its hard to do that when the server is an A**hat him self.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

veins isnt a favorite level of mine, but its a ctf. its also always up... then halcyon is up for like 1 hour then everyone leaves. =/
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

that reminds me, anyone remember that "worlds apart" level? It was really strange and huge. I hated it. :P There don't seem to be any more servers of that. It was always full for some reason.

That was back in the PXO days.
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

Yep, I remember World's Apart. I didn't start playing D3 until 2003, but I did play a week or two in late 2001, and it was going strong at that point. It wasn't played frequently in the PXO days of 2003-early 2004, when PXO died though. Most people will tell you they didn't like it because it was chock full of 2ndaries, and all you had to do was set up a camera in the base and chuck missiles at the entrance. I think people burned out on it after playing it so much. That doesn't seem to be the case with Hally or VV though, both have been going strong for years. I myself wish that more interesting stuff like Seleg Prime, Falling Down, Luminous, Half Pipe, and others were more commonly played.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

w3rd on that halfpipe i'd like that alot too.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

not too many open levs anymore.
-veins
-halcyon
-stadium
and -skybox
are the only commonly played levs anymore... there are the occasional bI3s or subway dancers, but they are all small hallways where if you fired a straight shot, you have a 70% chance of hitting any random thing.

when pxo was still up the levs played were generally a mix of open spaces and a few cramped up missile-flinging spaces...
what happened to all the big levs?

anyways, because veins has at least 2 people in it 24/7, thats why(even though its not the best lev) its a pretty bad thing i got banned from it...

apparantly i cant do anything about it, but mabye some other servers could try to revive old levels alot of players have forgotten about.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Halfpipe kicks ass, I think ill start hosting it again.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Spaceboy wrote:what happened to all the big levs?
v1.4 killed them.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

It's too funny -- despite the ppl asking for "better" levels nobody will play anything other than VV, SD, Stadium, Abend, and some occasional Damage or Halcyon..

Edit: forgot -- Bi3 if you want to lure the Tanker out of hiding of course.

There are more servers than players at any given time.
weed/hopper
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Banning people from a server:

Post by weed/hopper »

in all honesty, i too banned people for reported cheating when informed by players from my servers, however i discontinued that practice a long time ago because of many inexplicable varying possibilities of net play which i felt could have had an influence on my judgement let alone someone else ... that was fair i felt to all who might have been accused unfairly, but to ban someone from a server cause one can is wrong, no matter what anyone has to say ... You cannot be involved in a community such as D3 and be omnipotent .... plain and simple "it's not fair and does not serve the community's dwindling population" ... btw, i've heard alot about that particular veins server that does that, before ... bottom line is it's wrong but you will have to play elsewhere till perhaps one day where better reasoning might be employed :roll: