Who ran this crazy co-op server.

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Who ran this crazy co-op server.

Post by TigerRaptor »

After little over a year of being inactive with D3. I come a cross this very hyped up co-op game last week. I've never faced any thing like this D3 before. Robots with extremely aggressive fire power. Having to dodged any thing from 50 to 100 mega missies at once, etc. Any way can this server be put back up. That game was kind of fun.
bear
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by bear »

Was this the server that ran the map "isenbot",
or the one that runs the regular single player
maps?
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Who ran this crazy co-op server.

Post by Skyalmian »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Robots with extremely aggressive fire power. Having to dodged any thing from 50 to 100 mega missies at once, etc. That game was kind of fun.
A week or two the robots were easier, but more numerous. There was nothing like walking into an area with 300 robots and getting Kancho'ed after turning around to run. Or being pinned between two Thiefbots in Novak Insane Asylum and poked to death by rapid-fire flares in 3 seconds. Or trying to get into the chemical control room when it was guarded by 100+ Threshers that all wanted to leave. Or hiding in one of the three acid tubes near the Minimum Security door watching robots constantly travel by in both ways in what I have deemed the Robot Superhighway.
Was this the server that ran the map "isenbot",
or the one that runs the regular single player
maps?
No.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Novak now that place was nightmare.
Killanthype
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Killanthype »

It's my project of sorts. The "Transmode Virus." Figured Dravis really let up on his bots. They're all wimpy! Even the "tough" ones! Little bit of experimentation has fixed that....

It will be up again. But it still needs improvement. Little unstable in places, still have a few bots to upgrade/refine. Just keep an eye out for coop games.
(I don't know exactly _when_ it will be up again.)