New Song

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New Song

Post by Unix »

Cold Suzy - Oceans

Here's a new song from my band. It's pretty much done, except for a small solo that goes in during the bridge.

Thoughts/Comments etc.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Definitely an album-opener.

And your drummer needs far better mics. For some reason the rhythm section keeps dropping out whenever the guitar plays.

Again, I think your vocals are lacking sonic depth. The chrous vocal track needs better EQ, possibly some slight reverb.

For some reason I thought of Obstacle 1 by Interpol when I heard this track. PM me if you want to listen to a copy for reference, the production is masterful.
Verran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Verran »

Good job, I like!

Agreed with DCrazy on some of the quality stuff.

My suggestion would be to introduce multiple vocals to give it some more depth. Not sure if I'm using the right wording, so for example - the way many of Sting's songs have various vocal renditions tied together, etc. More like the part in your song where it says "you say...".

(Yeah, yeah, I like Sting :P)
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Thanks for the replies guys.

The drums do tend to drop out which is annoying but I'm working on it. Hopefully, I can get them sounding better.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Nicely done. I like it alot! Keep up the good work. I'd like to hear more from ya.
:)
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Okay, I've remixed some stuff and did some guitar layering. See what you think :)