Everybody got their Darth Vader undies on? :D

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Everybody got their Darth Vader undies on? :D

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Welp, gonna be out of town for a couple of days. Heading to Utah to catch EP3 with my bro early tommorow morning with my best bud to catch a midnight showing! WOOT!! :D
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I'll wait till the hype is down.
forwardtothepast
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by forwardtothepast »

Im going to see EP3 dressed up as a star trek character, causes a mass anger in star wars fenatics :)
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

me and a fellowship of eight have tickets for opening night, star wars fever is in the air
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

meh.. i'll see it on video.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I was hoping Darth Vader was going to fight in this movie. But oh well.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

there's no saying he won't fight... who said he doesn't fight?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Gonna see it with my church on Sunday.

Seriously... we've got the whole theater rented out. Anybody in Seattle can come join us -- show up to Sunday morning service, get a ticket for the Sunday evening showing of episode 3.

(Personally, I think it's a crazy idea... but it's too late to stop it now.)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I'll probably see it in the next few weeks; in the meantime, I'll keep trying to prevent my hopes from getting up. I know how terrible the first two were, but...well, I think this comic explains it best. :P
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

woohoo me and 30 other people from my class are gonna go see it tonight.
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

If I can get one of you to watch my 2 year old for a few hours, Mrs. Dedman and I will go see it. Other wise, we will wait for the DVD to be released.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

One of my wifes friends said she would watch our 3 kids so we can go see it next week. :D
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

I'm more of a Trekkie, but all the same I'm taking my girlfriend on Friday. It's a lot less hectic that way.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'll go the day before they remove it from the theatre.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I actually saw face to face the rare breed of ubernerd that is the star wars fanatic. I haven't been so uncomfortable before in my life.
Nitrofox125
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Nitrofox125 »

Hell yeah! Well, 10:40 Thursday. Good luck to all you midnight guys.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

Saw it, thought it was pretty fuckin cool, but it had some BAD dialogue in certain parts.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

The good news is that Jar Jar has no dialog.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

De Rigueur wrote:The good news is that Jar Jar has no dialog.
Wow, now I'm actually looking forward to it!

---

Remember, kids -- if you give away any real plot points, use spoiler tags!
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Apparently, the universal "STFU!, Jar Jar" was heard by Lucas.

I had speculated on what would make Anakin turn bad:
"If I hear one more word from Jar Jar, so help me, I'm joining the Dark Side!"

But it was not to be.
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

not only does jar jar have no dialogue, hes on screen for about a total of 1-2 minutes
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

Vertigo 99 wrote:not only does jar jar have no dialogue, hes on screen for about a total of 1-2 minutes
1-2 seconds dude...
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I'm planning on going sometime soon... it's just not worth waiting in line for endless hours for.
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

Saw it a couple of hours ago.
:D Some badass action scenes. Alot more action in this one than the previous two movies.

Very very cool. :)
Vertigo 99 wrote:Saw it, thought it was pretty ****in cool, but it had some BAD dialogue in certain parts.
I agree. It really is BAD at times.. ;)
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Battlebot
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Battlebot »

Vertigo 99 wrote:NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(everything crushing around him)
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

i waited in line for about 20 minutes... no one saved my spot either =)

lol the theater had 23 different screens playing star wars, all sold out O_o thats a few thousand people in one building... 10 bucks a ticket... 12 bucks a person for food\drinks\candy... they make too much money. the movies not THAT good...
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

The movie was KICK.... AZZZ

Great stuff. For the younger crowds, they will hate it probably. For the older and more mature crowds, it will probably be your favorite. There are some cheesy points but it is really well done. The acting was a crap load better than the first two films. The story was by far the best and probably the most complex. I found it very beautiful and I felt the urge to cry at the end. Not something I ever do at SW films. :) For nostalgia go catch the original 3 films. Everyone likes those the best. For a more adult story this is probably the best and certainly the best out of the latter 3 films. So now my favorite SW films are:

Empire Strikes Back
Revenge Of The Sith
Return Of The Jedi (other than the part with the dumb band in the (special editions)

This may not be my favorite movie (really hard to say though) but it cretainly ranks with them.

I'm gonna go see it with my buds again on Saturday. Saw it with a friend and my bro last Wednesday. (BTW, they showed Episode II before III!!)
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I'm taking a girl I work with to see it tonight. I can't believe it was her idea. :)
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Saw the original with my Dad a very long time ago. I was only 5 so I barely remember the movie. Mostly I just remember waiting in line with him at the theater, and I remember Chewbacca (sp?).

I'm excited to see it (Saturday!), but sad at the same time. Sort of the end of an era for me; must mean it's time to grow up :wink:
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

ya, the dialogue was just painful at times, but still a good movie. I'd give it 4/5.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I never really noticed anything too bad about the dialogue that really bothered me. I thought it was good for the situation and much better than eithe 1 or 2. I mean, how much better could lucas make it being that it is about "the force, jedi and sith." Pretty hard these days not to make that sound cheesy.

[spoiler]One part about he dialogue that bothered me was the fact that Padme named her kids awfully fast.

The other part was of course when Yoda stated: "Go to Kashyyk I will. Good relations with the wookies I have." The audience gave out a rather loud snicker at that part. :D[/spoiler]
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Very, VERY awesome movie. The scene with Sammy Jackson and the senator was uber. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

[spoiler]Did anyone else think that the Emperor sounded like someone's drunk grandfather on the front lawn in the scene with the fight with Yoda?[/spoiler]
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Bad dialogue or not, this movie rocked. Very nice effort. I would have done things a little differently, but it was very very good.

In a couple of weeks, we should start a convo about his turning......
By TFX
I was hoping Darth Vader was going to fight in this movie. But oh well.
Dude he has 3 more movies devoted to that already heh..... :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Saw it today at the 1:45pm showing at the local Malco. Other than the cheezy names "Darth Sideous" "General Grevious", and a few corny lines, it was a damn good movie. I found the score quite moving, even though alot of it was re-used from Episode 1. I only wish they showed more fighter combat scenes.

[spoiler]Mace Windu deserved a better death scene than that! A man that has BAMF carved into his lightsaber deserves a better death than that.[/spoiler]
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I guess that's what happens when you use a Marvel trademark MD. :)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

It was interesting. I watched it the first time with my bro and all the hardcore SW fans. Well I saw it a second time tonight with two of my best buds and my buddies sister. :) It was funny that with the hardcore crowd I cried at the end but this time around we ended up cracking up at the end. We are still big SW fans. Really good show. I found that I enjoy watching 4 a lot more than I ever have before because I see it in a different light now. Somehow DV seems less like a hollow shell to me. :) It is also interesting that now I can see how bad the dialogue really was after watching it twice. I tend to be really awstruck and dazzled by the special effects, great score, and storyline that I tend to forget to watch for crappy dialogue. I thought it was allright though. Hayden was much better at acting this time around though he still wasn't perfect and still felt like his character was miss-cast at times. He played the darker role really well though. Very good film over all.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

I totally agree about Mace MD. I said the same thing to my wife as we were walking out of the theater.

I watched ep 4 last night as soon as I got home from the theater. It is much better for some reason now. Weird......
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Which one was Mace Windu? Jackson? And what is BAMF?
[spoiler]If you meant Jackson, I thought it was ok. After his success, he was backstabbed. Makes for a pathetic death. To have him fall in battle would be to trivialize his skill in some way (For instance, "He has BAMF"..so, ok, he earned it, right, must be a sign of power(?) OK, then how would he lose?)[/spoiler]

Dialog was kinda dumb in a lot of it. Even tho' it was over two hours long, it still seemed rushed. Things explained too fast, and they really zoomed through it at the end. The graphics were perty, and talk about detail! Someone really picked up the ball and ran with it. Right out of the stadium! It's stunning to see Yoda as full CGI. I really only went for the visuals. The plot was self-evident, so I didn't have to concentrate on it.

I saw it on Saturday at this very kickass theatre. Free garage parking, non-smoking, a nice bar, good food for non-theatre prices, and the theatre we sat in was right across the hall from the bar, so we had a few shots and buffalo wings before we went in. Reserved seating, so there was no fighting for spots, and the seats reclined a good 30 degrees. Oh, did I say they were leather? Popcorn and drinks carted into the theatre (like hot dog people at baseball games). Actually, I liked the theatre better than the movie! The ticket was $10. That's only $2 more than anywhere else, and it's on-campus (Temple, I think) which means plenty of college girls :) I'm going to be seeing a lot of movies this summer. I found a place worth going.