Sluggish Video

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

STP-Higgs
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Sluggish Video

Post by STP-Higgs »

I'm running an Nvidia Geforce3 Ti 200 video card. I have always used this thing to play D3 without a glitch. Well, now that I am trying to get everything up and running again, the video is very glitchy and hangs a little. All hardware is the same that I have always used except for the monitor. I am now using a Dell 17" LCD monitor.

I am sure I will need to supply more information for anyone to be able to make suggestions. If you need more info just let me know.

Thanks for any help!

P.S where do all of the D3ers chat at now? I was going to Sunchos site and using the Java applet, but that appears to be gone/down now.
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

Wasnt GF3s when they started using a HSF unit instead of just a heat sink? If you have a stock HSF unit on the card, I would check to see if the fan has ceased up. Its not that hard to replace them on a video card.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I bet you it's the LCD. They are the worst things to play any fast action games on unless they have very low response times.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

Did you reinstall your OS or just get a new monitor?

If you did a reinstall, then it is quite likely an issue of IRQ sharing. You'll need to move some of your cards around to resolve this. One note, try not to use the first PCI slot, the one next to the AGP slot as it shares an IRQ with the AGP.

If you think it's the monitor, first reattach a CRT monitor and make sure it still runs well. Might want to check your cables for good measure.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re: Sluggish Video

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

STP-Higgs wrote: P.S where do all of the D3ers chat at now? I was going to Sunchos site and using the Java applet, but that appears to be gone/down now.
Go here and d/l Vortex. You can chat and play D3 from that.

That is if you don't know that by now? :wink:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Just for the record, the Suncho.com chat points to the gamesurge IRC network which has been under a denial of service attack for over a month now.

Therefore, chat connectivity is rather iffy at times.
STP-Higgs
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by STP-Higgs »

Thanks for all the help everybody!

I haven't got around to trying to fix it yet, but have been playing with the problem anyway. It is seeming somewhat inconsequential compared to my newest problem. Now the JS wants to spin to the right, whether or not I even have my hands on it. ARRGGG!

Anywho, thanks again!
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Download the latest drivers
Get driver cleaner 3

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/S ... aner.shtml

Uninstall everything, follow the instructions.

Cleanout your temp and install files too so windows picks up the new drivers.

Reinstall Direct X
Run D3 setup again, & cross your fingers

Hope it helps.