Women

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Women

Post by SilverFJ »

Why are women so rediculously ★■◆●ing insane? Why does yes mean no no means yes "I love you but I hate you I'm right even though I'm clearly wrong I want equal rights but I get paid for in dates but I can still monopolize on-field sportscasting..."

Maybe it's just a 19-year old woe that nobody knows. A huge mystery. Why can a guy be a complete mysoginist but still always go back to them? Why?? :?
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Women

Post by TheCope »

SilverFJ wrote:Maybe it's just a 19-year old woe that nobody knows. A huge mystery. Why can a guy be a complete mysoginist but still always go back to them? Why?? :?
They prolly good in the sack.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Women. ya cant live with them, ya cant live without them.

beside ya know what they say about men

men are like floor tiles, ya lay them right the first time and you can walk on them forever
whuppinboy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by whuppinboy »

CUDA wrote:Women. ya cant live with them, ya cant live without them.
more approrpriately, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em :P
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Can't live witht hem, and you can't use their bones in soup. :P
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

You mean Misongynist of course.

Welcome to manhood.

If you are lucky, one day you will meet someone who is not insane. Just pray it hasn't had a sex change. ;)
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Whatever happened to Hostile... I'm sure he has something good to say about such a thread
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

whuppinboy wrote:
CUDA wrote:Women. ya cant live with them, ya cant live without them.
more approrpriately, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em :P
Can't live with 'em, pass the beernuts.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

The girls I've run into have this mentality where you can say anything to them, but they'll just think to themselves "he doesn't really mean that," or "he really means [something else]," further justified by the fact that it's because I'm tired or mad or some other nonsense. And the reverse is also true. They'll say something but really mean something completely different. I think that's why their argument is always "that's not what I meant" instead of "that's not what I said." I guess girls have a way of piggybacking additional meaning into a sentence other than that capable of being understood by the sum of its words, although I can't figure out if it's a technique incredibly sophisticated or incredibly primitive.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Mobius wrote:You mean Misongynist of course.
I thought he meant misogynist.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I think it is just a function of the differences in the way men and women communicate. In general (I'm painting with a very broad brush here) women tend to communicate from an emotional base and men tend to communicate from a rational one. One is not better than the other, they are just different.

It's funny; Mrs. Dedman (who is an engineer) doesn't have any women friends who are not engineers. I asked her about that once and she told me that it's because she can't stand flighty, wishy-washy, overly emotional women. They drive her crazy. She didn't know it at the time, but she was describing most menâ??s vision of the stereotypical woman. Most of her women friends have said the same thing about non-engineer women. They can't handle them.

I think a lot of women arenâ??t very good at verbalizing exactly how they feel, and many men arenâ??t that good at picking up on emotional queues. Hence, when a man and woman are having a conversation, she will try and describe how she feels about the subject and he is listening to the actual words. It is a bad combo.
Hahnenkam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Hahnenkam »

Dedman wrote:. . .It's funny; Mrs. Dedman (who is an engineer) doesn't have any women friends who are not engineers. I asked her about that once and she told me that it's because she can't stand flighty, wishy-washy, overly emotional women. They drive her crazy. . .
Same with Mrs. H. Not an engineer, but she grew up on a farm. She tends to be more level-headed and practical than the "wishy-washy" type described above. And stubborn as hell :wink:

Keep looking SilverFJ . . . some of them make sense, some don't.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

Sheesh, wee laddie. Don't try to understand them. Think of it as a "dance" of personalities.
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

"i don't want to be with anyone right now..."
2 weeks later shes with some total dick. i dunno.

bartender!
Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Palzon »

SilverFJ wrote:Whatever happened to Hostile... I'm sure he has something good to say about such a thread
Hostile is happily married. He has no complaints anymore. Sorry. :P

The problem you describe is not so much a woman thing as an immaturity thing.

The way around it is to have a clear method for yourself as to how to respond to immaturity. My method is to not try to stick a square peg in a round hole, i.e. I seek quality and 'fit' and then move forward as appropriate instead of trying to cram each person into the type of relationship I'm ultimately seeking. I'm glad to report I feel like the happiest man in the universe.

Set your own boundaries and stick to your guns. Remember, the worst thing you can do is be over eager and set yourself up. Don't be your own worst enemy. There are plenty of horrible people out there to mistreat you without you mistreating yourself. And don't put the cart before the horse.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Well SilverFJ at least you donâ??t someone twice your age or older hitting on you like I did.

Any way some women have confuse the hell out me at times. Iâ??ve had girls that tried to set me up with their friends. Then they get pissed off at me because I want nothing to do with them. Reason behind it, ether they just got out of abusive relationship, they all ready have a kid from her past boy friend, or something about the girl I did not like. Ether way I ended looking like the bad guy at the end.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Jeff250 wrote:The girls I've run into have this mentality where you can say anything to them, but they'll just think to themselves "he doesn't really mean that," or "he really means [something else]," further justified by the fact that it's because I'm tired or mad or some other nonsense. And the reverse is also true. They'll say something but really mean something completely different. I think that's why their argument is always "that's not what I meant" instead of "that's not what I said." I guess girls have a way of piggybacking additional meaning into a sentence other than that capable of being understood by the sum of its words, although I can't figure out if it's a technique incredibly sophisticated or incredibly primitive.
Exactly! Engineering women rock!
/me polishes his newly acquired Software Engineering degree.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

If I ever get interested in a ditzy chick, please beat me until I come to my senses. :P
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Top Gun wrote:If I ever get interested in a ditzy chick, please beat me until I come to my senses. :P
Itâ??s hysterical to watch a bunch of scientists go hog wild over a stripper. If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

You can pretend on the dbb all you want. Pretend that you are of a higher breed, but that dirty little monster in the back of your mind rules over your logical minds.

Because, you still want to ★■◆● it...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

personality type theory describes all of this.

stastistically it's not as simple as men vs women (but it's close).
the "emotional woman" kindof personality trait is only shared by 70% of women. 30% of women actually prefer impersonal decisions.
likewise, with men, it's the opposite figure: 70% of men prefer to make impersonal decisions, while only 30% prefer to make desisions based on how they effect other people.

in Jungian termanology this is the Feeling/Thinking funtional difference. it's all about if you prefer to make impersonal vs person-oriented desisions. women stastistically (70%) prefer person oriented desisions, while men stastistically (70%) prefer impersonal desisions.
so if you guys are looking for a woman who simply prefers impersonal desisions like you do, you have already cut out over 2/3rds of women.

Jeff250 wrote:The girls I've run into have this mentality where you can say anything to them, but they'll just think to themselves "he doesn't really mean that," or "he really means [something else]," further justified by the fact that it's because I'm tired or mad or some other nonsense. And the reverse is also true. They'll say something but really mean something completely different. I think that's why their argument is always "that's not what I meant" instead of "that's not what I said." I guess girls have a way of piggybacking additional meaning into a sentence other than that capable of being understood by the sum of its words, although I can't figure out if it's a technique incredibly sophisticated or incredibly primitive.
that's Intuition mixed with Feeling.
lol, yes you describe it well: "i can't figure out if it's a technique incredibly sophisticated or incredibly primitive". It's automatic. so it's not thought about, it's subconscious. The Intuition function is all about picking up patterns (and hidden meaning), the Feeling function (mentioned earlier) is all about personal-based desisions. put these 2 together and you have... well you have your girl.

when she's reading into what you are saying, that's textbook intuitive feeling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_humors
look at the column "identity seeking" (you'll notice NF as the Myers Briggs description of that column, that's what i was describing: iNtuition+Feeling: NF).
Dedman wrote:I think it is just a function of the differences in the way men and women communicate. In general (I'm painting with a very broad brush here) women tend to communicate from an emotional base and men tend to communicate from a rational one. One is not better than the other, they are just different.

It's funny; Mrs. Dedman (who is an engineer) doesn't have any women friends who are not engineers. I asked her about that once and she told me that it's because she can't stand flighty, wishy-washy, overly emotional women. They drive her crazy. She didn't know it at the time, but she was describing most menâ??s vision of the stereotypical woman. Most of her women friends have said the same thing about non-engineer women. They can't handle them.

I think a lot of women arenâ??t very good at verbalizing exactly how they feel, and many men arenâ??t that good at picking up on emotional queues. Hence, when a man and woman are having a conversation, she will try and describe how she feels about the subject and he is listening to the actual words. It is a bad combo.
Mrs Dedman is likely one of those %30 of women who prefer the Thinking (impersonal desision making) function. when reading through the writings of female NTs (iNtuition + Thinking), i note that almost all of them say that, personality wise, they tend to have more in common with men than women. and interestingly a large portion of them end up being engineers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_humors
check out the last column "knowledge seeking" - i have a hunch it will describe your wife's mind.

SilverFJ wrote:Why are women so rediculously ****ing insane? Why does yes mean no no means yes "I love you but I hate you I'm right even though I'm clearly wrong I want equal rights but I get paid for in dates but I can still monopolize on-field sportscasting..."

Maybe it's just a 19-year old woe that nobody knows. A huge mystery. Why can a guy be a complete mysoginist but still always go back to them? Why?? :?
they may be immature in somethings that you find important to be mature about, but they are probabaly more mature than you in other things (and they probabaly complain to their girlfriends how YOU are so insane - it's all relative.)

misogyny may be an indicator to a poorly integrated anima or shadow.
but hey, you're 19 :D. it's normal.

oh, and it may be of interest to topgun and thecope:
the "ditzy chick" stereotype/archetype is actually the anima/shadow (POLAR OPPOSITE) of the "scientist" stereotype/archetype.
i've seen it theorised that the best marriages are between (mature) opposites such as this - the 2 opposites forming a whole.
ying-yang
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

roid wrote:stastistically it's not as simple as men vs women (but it's close).
the "emotional woman" kindof personality trait is only shared by 70% of women. 30% of women actually prefer impersonal decisions.
likewise, with men, it's the opposite figure: 70% of men prefer to make impersonal decisions, while only 30% prefer to make desisions based on how they effect other people.

oh, and it may be of interest to topgun and thecope:
the "ditzy chick" stereotype/archetype is actually the anima/shadow (POLAR OPPOSITE) of the "scientist" stereotype/archetype.
i've seen it theorised that the best marriages are between (mature) opposites such as this - the 2 opposites forming a whole.
ying-yang
That makes sense, because otherwise you'd have 70% of men (the rational thinkers) trying to hook up with only 30% of women... :P
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

/me wonders how heavy the rolling pin was that hit roid
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Palzon wrote:
SilverFJ wrote:Whatever happened to Hostile... I'm sure he has something good to say about such a thread
Hostile is happily married. He has no complaints anymore. Sorry. :P
LOL FJ, I don't know what you are talking about ROFL :P. You must be thinking of some other Hostile that had his heart ripped out through his arse, stomped on, and ritually sacrificed on the alter of Satan.

I do have several theories that I probably shouldn't share.

And although I am happily married, I would just like to say that I'm still pissed at BFDD for stealing my fiance. Fag!....... :P
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

OMG I never thought I'd see the day when there was a hostilless Hostile

With women though maybe it is a maturity thing, I've been kicking it with these 17/18/19 year old girls but they're supposed to mature faster than men anyway. Maybe it's cuz I hit the road for a long time and came out like 26 in the head.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

SilverFJ wrote:OMG I never thought I'd see the day when there was a hostilless Hostile

With women though maybe it is a maturity thing, I've been kicking it with these 17/18/19 year old girls but they're supposed to mature faster than men anyway. Maybe it's cuz I hit the road for a long time and came out like 26 in the head.
17/18/19 year old girls are idiots.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

SilverFJ wrote: I've been kicking it with these 17/18/19 year old girls but they're supposed to mature faster than men anyway.
Bam, theres your answer. YOu are dating young, busy and unstable girls. Girls mature faster my ass! Wait a bit until they grow out of the super emotional stage and then things will get a bit better. I said a bit...
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

but...they are what I'll be wishing I hit when I'm like 60...

sexy teen chicks...
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

im gunna rant.
this girl who ive been chasing for a while... tells me tonight: "we're just friends".

one of my best buds tells me she to him: "nothing is happening with us just now"

haagy needs some mo JD.

juts another lonely day.
BfDiDDy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BfDiDDy »

Hostile wrote: And although I am happily married, I would just like to say that I'm still pissed at BFDD for stealing my fiance. Fag!....... :P

Sucker!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

roid wrote:oh, and it may be of interest to topgun and thecope:
ying-yang
Maybe so, but this scientist is still holding out for a nerdy chick who loves physics. :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Top Gun wrote:Maybe so, but this scientist is still holding out for a nerdy chick who loves physics. :P
Drakona is already taken :P
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

bfdd!! be nice!!

(haha sucker)
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Indeed I am........ 8)
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

"ur laughing now--but what you DON'T know is about that V.D..."
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Dedman wrote:
17/18/19 year old girls are idiots.
Hey now, be nice... :wink: Not all of us are idiots.

As for the rest of you who are trying to understand us... we're trying to understand you all. I guess the reason why we can't understand each other is because it's what keeps life interesting.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

suicide eddie wrote:/me wonders how heavy the rolling pin was that hit roid
200mg
TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

TheCope
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheCope »

Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

i haven't read this thread yet, so this may have been said already, but the trick to understanding women is to stop thinking of them as a foreign species, but, as individuals.

they're all different, and what turns one girl on may turn another off.