General Error:

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

General Error:

Post by fyrephlie »

uhhh....
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Ya know, if you're going to post a bug report, atleast post more details than the error.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

what more do you need? i was posting a post that contained those words... and it did that. I figured someone was working on the board at the time, but if not, this might be an indicator of something, since none of my other posts have been a problem.

details... i clicked 'quote' on another post in the thread...

the subject contained RE:

added my stuff and click submit... got that.

poof!
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

Post by Richard Cranium »

fyrephlie wrote:what more do you need? i was posting a post that contained those words... and it did that. I figured someone was working on the board at the time, but if not, this might be an indicator of something, since none of my other posts have been a problem.

poof!
What time of the day was it (and time zone)?
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

What time and be sure to include a timezone so we can search the error logs.

Where you attempting to reply to a message or start a new thread? Or where you editing a post?

Amigious threads just might be deleted next time, it's frustrating enough to spend damn near every waking hours fixing crap from this move. Without adding stressors like an ambigious error report.

Don't get me wromg we value your input but please make it so we can take your information and run with it, not have to ask for more information.

Thanks!

KB
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

fyrephlie wrote:what more do you need?
This:

Whenever you submit a bug report, you should submit:

1) What the bug/error was -- full text, not just the "I got some kinda error about MS-something-or-other" crap people sometimes give. (You done good here.)

2) What you were doing in the time leading up to it, in great detail (in this case, provide a link to the thread / post)

3) When it happened if it's on their server, or your hardware / software config and version numbers if it's on your system. (In this case, "when" is appropriate.)

4) Whether or not you can reproduce the error. If you can, post the process. (Here, I doubt it's easily reproducible.)

This is true for all bug reports, not just the DBB.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

This thread: Posted Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:40 pm <-- less than 5 minutes prior, as i said above I was replying by clicking 'quote', it was in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=9153

time is C.S.T.

I figured that since I posted the image, all the pertinant stuff was there, I actually had edited the post with the thread link, but for some reason I must have hit preview and then went back to index, sorry.

Last time I posted an error of this type, KB had been messing with the server at that moment.

Reproducable... I didn't try... just hit reply and pasted the original post, came down to feed back and posted the image.

Hope it helps.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

You should never assume anything man. When you see a glitch and make a report about it, you should ALWAYS mention EVERYTHING you did, what time it happened, and the browser you're using. Never leave anything out, and never assume an image says it all. The more details you dish out makes for a quicker solution.
An example of a proper bug report wrote: Hi, I tried to search for "banned", but the search results table renders as a white document. This happened just before I made this post. I'm using Firefox 1.5. I didn't use any special characters in the search box, just "banned" (no quotes).
Thats a little bare bones, but you get the idea. You've got to remember that KB and RC aren't looking over your shoulder whenever an error occurs, and definitely aren't psychic, so they need every detail you can dish out.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

MD-2389 wrote:You should never assume anything man. When you see a glitch and make a report about it, you should ALWAYS mention EVERYTHING you did, what time it happened, and the browser you're using. Never leave anything out, and never assume an image says it all. The more details you dish out makes for a quicker solution.
An example of a proper bug report wrote: Hi, I tried to search for "banned", but the search results table renders as a white document. This happened just before I made this post. I'm using Firefox 1.5. I didn't use any special characters in the search box, just "banned" (no quotes).
Thats a little bare bones, but you get the idea. You've got to remember that KB and RC aren't looking over your shoulder whenever an error occurs, and definitely aren't psychic, so they need every detail you can dish out.
Ah Ha! But, they are psycho.
-Unix
My Music
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Re:

Post by Richard Cranium »

Unix wrote:Ah Ha! But, they are psycho.
'Psycho', ya, well you might be right. It takes a real nut job to hang around here.
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Haha! I'll be here forever.
-Unix
My Music
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Just more proof to the addage \"Beers are in the fridge, but the nuts are all over the place.\"