Hey, you Bush bashers, stop complaining!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Repo Man
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Hey you Bush bashers, stop complaining!

Post by Repo Man »

Here is an op-ed piece by John Loeffler that appeared two years ago. It is even more relevant today:
This week's letter from the ACLU appeared in the business mail, alarmed at the assault Attorney General John Ashcroft is waging on civil rights and hinting that if I kick some money into the pot they could prosecute an effective defense to this clear and present danger. Sigh. Give 'em enough time and they'll eventually catch on, sort of.

Strange times do indeed make for strange bedfellows and while I have consistently attributed credit to liberals for clearly identifying the current civil rights crisis, my liberal friends just don't seem to understand that their policies of the last three decades carefully laid the groundwork for such a situation to arise.

Three decades ago liberalism went off the rails, embraced a philosophy of relative, constantly-changing values as it morphed into an eclectic party of self-contradicting special interests. And so it's always amusing when liberals talk about the \"rule of law,\" because the core belief of most liberals is that no values (or laws) are absolute and no one should push their values on anyone else unless of course they're liberal values (a party of contradictions

Indeed, liberals have always preached the rule of law when in power but when forced to abide by laws they themselves find unpalatable, they consistently find some way to torture laws and the judiciary into getting around it or simply assume a glassy transcendent look and say, \"oh but we have a higher moral purpose and are not obliged to obey immoral laws.\" Heaven forbid one of their conservative adversaries should ever say such a thing, such as Judge Roy Moore.
Read the whole article here.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

God I hate liberals so much. :x
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

I couldn't care less about US politics :P
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

You will we when invade you sucka.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Thanks for sharing ignorance. Hadn't had my fill yet today.

BTW, good job perpetuating the right wing echo machine.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Re:

Post by Suncho »

Gooberman wrote:You will we when invade you sucka.
ha