Two player online game

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Two player online game

Post by Thenior »

hello,

A friend and I are looking to buy a game to play online together, but his parents are really strict on what he can play (no swearing, no FPS, and no Street Fighter likes games).

I have gone through a long list with him of games, and sort of ran out of ideas:
NeverWinter nights (doesn't like top down view RPG's)
Doesn't like racing games
Counter Strike (can't play FPS)
Doesn't like Descent...

Can anyone think of a fun game that is clean and fun that meets these requirements? All the cool RPG's seem to be MMO's.

We are thinking about Guild Wars, but his mom doesn't like the whole I'm-in-bikini-armor women. So I am a little bummed. Any ideas?
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

Yahoo! Games
-Unix
My Music
catch22
DBB LAN Nut
DBB LAN Nut

Post by catch22 »

Catch-22

<FONT> Frankly, I think the whole society is nuts...The question is: What does a sane person do in an insane society? -Joseph Heller</FONT>
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

You can get Stronghold for dirt cheap right now. I've seen it for $10 packaged along with some other game.

Stronghold is a castle sim that lets you take your castle head to head against your friends castles.

Stronghold II has some problems with bugs and preformance issues. And I'm not certain if they've got the multiplayer really working very well yet. But Stronghold I and Stronghold Crusader are both excellent games that still have an active community playing them and creating new maps and scenarios for them.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

Unix wrote:Yahoo! Games
I looked at this post, and then at your Avatar, and that's when it dawned on me... you crack me up so bad. Somehow that one-two punch was hilarious.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Check out Scorched3d. It is pretty fun! I don't know if you ever played an old game called scorched earth, I grew up on that game. This is a new, 3d version of it.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Xamindar wrote:Check out Scorched3d. It is pretty fun! I don't know if you ever played an old game called scorched earth, I grew up on that game. This is a new, 3d version of it.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/
ditto.

crap.. me and someone else was playing this and talking over TS a couple months back. It's posted too. :oops:
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Well, they're not RPG games, but...

Check out Battlezone or Battlezone 2.

They're both First Person Real-Time Strategy games. Best of all (from an FPS restricted standpoint), when you blow up the other guy, his tank explodes but his pilot ejects to safety. Oh, and there IS a deathmatch mode as well...

I particularly recommend the original Battlezone (linked above) even though the graphics are chunky by current standards, the deathmatch gameplay is stellar. If you're more into strat, try Battlezone 2, there's more depth of strategy and the unit AI is better.

Better yet look into both :) Should be on the $4.99 rack somewhere. Or check Amazon.com
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Perhaps something in the Worms series?
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

how about diablo 2 LOD?
you can get the battle chest (all diablo releases) for 20 bux, no almost nekkid characters, and you are trying to rid humanity of evil.

should meet your criteria. :)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

http://www.bontago.com/ bontago is cooll,. you stack blocks... btu ti's fun. true story!
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

yAHOO GAMES eUCHRE ftw
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »