Federal Reserve- Take two:

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Federal Reserve- Take two:

Post by Fusion pimp »

Here's the quote of the century-

\"Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the 'hidden' confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.\"
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I am fairly sure it is well withen the means of congress to limit spending so vicariously, Yet why do they choose to let it get so out of hand? Because they dont care about anyone else.

Also, i find it funny how it went from a \"surplus\" of spending money with Clinton to a deficit i really have not seen any good way G.W.B has helped us in anyway other than make christian conservative groups look like unconsiderate blabbering idiots, and run this country into the ground.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Dcrazy,

chicken. :)
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Skyalmian wrote:I even printed out a 4 page document that cites State law that explains the fullblown process the State governments go through to steal every single vehicle in this country -- before the people that want them even finish buying them.
I would be interested in reading that. Could you email it to me?
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Skyalmian wrote:The "chicken" isn't taking the bait because he believes what the government educators have told him about their system, just like my mother believes what the government told her about the "Certificate of Title".
I think that's an awfully low and uninformed blow, considering I haven't gone through a lick of public school in my life. Calling me uninformed for not buying into an argument not backed by unadulterated and proven fact in favor of a model with which I am very familiar and which is well-defined in both its outcomes and shortcomings shows a bias against intellect, preferring victimization based on factual inaccuracy over open-minded study.

And for your information, Sky, I deleted my reply because I felt it was overly hostile in tone.

The bottom line is that I have seen how the fractional reserve banking system creates wealth by allowing access to money independent of currency. Unlike commodity money, in which "currency" and "money" are absolute synonyms, fiat money allows for rapid expansion but at the cost of larger inflationary cycles and the potential for economic crisis should another massive run on the bank occur. All I have seen from those against the Federal Reserve System are broad generalizations, allegations of conspiracy -- sometimes with a not-insignificant amount of racial undertones -- academic dishonesty, sensationalization, and misdirection.

If someone wants to point me in the direction of a real, academic work that concludes that the Federal Reserve is irreparably harming our economy, then I will read with an unbiased mind. But to allege my denial of your argument is a result of an ignorance I possess as a natural defect of my education is incredibly insulting, and reflective of a lack of substantive supporting evidence (accessible or otherwise) on your side of the fence.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Dcrazy,

My apology for posting \"chicken\". It honestly wasn't posted as a stab, I posted it very playfully and I had no idea you'd be ridiculed for it.

Sky, I understand your frustration, but that probably wasn't the best way to spark interest. It's not a matter of \"nobody is home\". I think it's a matter of 'nobody *wants* to answer the door'...scary stuff on the other side.
As far as the title situation- meh...I think it's a stretch. It is possible, but until they lay claim on a personal vehicle and get away with it based only on that idea/theory, I won't worry too much. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Okay! I'll send a box of cookies to whoever can tell me the origin of my quote!
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Greenspan in a letter written for the July 1966 issue of The Objectivist newsletter, a publication that also featured authors Ayn Rand and Nathaniel Branden.

(Google just won me a box of Oreo's ;) )
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Barry, I have no problem with it; it was most definitely playful. I do have a problem with Sky insinuating that I'm sticking my head in the sand in a violent effort to remain one of the sheeple.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Nice job, Will-googlecheater. :)

While I should have placed a search restriction on it based on the honor system, I'll honor my word.
PM me your address and your cookies will be on the way!

Find it ironic that it is a Greenspan quote?
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

FP wrote:Sky, I understand your frustration, but that probably wasn't the best way to spark interest. It's not a matter of "nobody is home". I think it's a matter of 'nobody *wants* to answer the door'...scary stuff on the other side.
I'll wave the white flag to surrender my current position for that one. I know some people listen even though they pretend not to, because of what the truth means. Some have told me they don't want to know.

I unfortunately lose my temper more than a little bit when people spout things like they're true when they aren't, and I have this really nasty way of directing it on others. Every time I do that, I always feel sad and regret what I did after the responses arrive, but as I know full well everything is eternal, and there's no taking any of it back. Saying "sorry" is never sufficient. I need to both never do it again and outweigh it with purely benevolent deeds.
As far as the title situation- meh...I think it's a stretch. It is possible, but until they lay claim on a personal vehicle and get away with it based only on that idea/theory, I won't worry too much. I wouldn't hold my breath.
I exaggerated a little bit. They are the administrative rules of the Idaho State Transportation Department cited in the article, but they have the force of law anyway, so I suppose I'm still correct.

They'll never lay claim on a vehicle in that they outright say its theirs -- they do it indirectly.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

As to owning your vehicle, you do. If you were to drive it only on your property (which you own only as long as you pay the yearly taxes on it) you would not have to buy plates or pay any \"fees\" to use it. However, to use said vehicle on a road system paid for by tax dollars and maintained by tax dollars, then it would be expected that you pay a fair amount to use these transportation systems. Unless of course you have a gabillion dollars and want to install your own private highway system....and still have to pay taxes for the land upon which it is built.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

*yawn...at least you guys are getting closer to how the fed system works....keep it going though :evil: = greenspan
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

What sickens me is the $100 a year that I pay to \"license\" my plate each year. Where does this money go? You pay for the license plate when you buy a car, why do you pay three times as much each year for a sticker? Anyone else sick and tired of being raped?
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

Zuruck,

Do you have some double-naught-secret you've been withholding from us about the Federal Reserve? If so, say it.