I did it!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

I did it!

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I've got first place in Subway Dancer in Descent 3!
Here's my result:

Sorry for posting this.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It should be easier to get first place in a more traditional level.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I remember my first \"top 'o the stats\" game, probably around a year ago when I first started playing online... and feeling like I was on top of the world. :D I remember thinking about posting it, myself (I resisted the urge). :lol:

Looking back, it was more about my persistence in staying in the game than about any skill I had developed. Now, I just screenshot my better games against the current top players (not that I have that many, as I still have a lot to learn), and occasionally look back as a measure of self-improvement.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

congrats!

even tho u didnt hold 50!

and had 17 suicides!

but who cares u rock!
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Nice job SW!
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Kool SW.... I've noticed a major improvement in your flying style and take you very seriously now... :)

Bee
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i dont.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Are D3 games still devoid of people who can actually dogfight (with stuff like plasma) by the way?
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Practiced with Blues only last week in Abend2. After a long game when only two or three are left I ask. Did some flair wars also. Too bad it makes my brain itch after about ten minutes or was it ten seconds.I try to think ...
Cangaceiro
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cangaceiro »

Sirius wrote:Are D3 games still devoid of people who can actually dogfight (with stuff like plasma) by the way?
Wanna dogfight. go to holly or veins, plenty there. Sorry SW not impressed. all u need to win at SD is fenney, bunch of cyclones,. Just ask Gritz.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The only way you could ever get a dogfight in the current version of veins is if MD was disabled.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

There are still a few good dogfighting levels being played on occasion. In just the last week or so, I've played in Bill the Cat, Skin Like Winter, Skybox, Waltz'N Matilda, and a couple of others.

They're not as popular as the nightly Veins match (which I still thoroughly enjoy, despite the fact that it's not good for developing good fundamental dogfighting skills), but they're still out there.

Personally, I'd love to play a good game in Damage or Fury... maybe I'll start hosting Damage again, if anyone will play it. ;)